BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Week 16 looks

First, there are very few games actually worth looking at. If you are serious about wagering on the 5-9 Bears at the 6-8 Bucs game, you have a serious problem. We thank you for feeding our wallets. You are what Vegas calls "meat". I will not waste my time with the meaningless games.

As far as the games that matter go:
    Carolina -6 1/2 (Westgate) @ Atlanta. A no brainer here. The Carolina offense has caught fire, scoring 37 or more points in 5 out of their past 6 games. Atlanta finally won a game, after dropping 6 straight and out of the playoff picture. With Arizona playing a late game, Carolina goes out and wins home field advantage.

Minnesota -6 (Westgate) vs New York Giants. A must win for Minnesota. A loss means that they will get the #6 seed in the NFC and will travel to the #3 seed, who now happens to be Green Bay, the same team that Minnesota ends the season with next week on the road. The Vikings do NOT want to have to defeat the Packers twice in GREEN BAY, but a loss to the Giants means that this is exactly what they will have to do to wrestle the #5 seed away from Seattle, and then move on.

Cincinnati +3 1/2 (Westgate) at Denver. The battle of the missing QB's. Cincinnati managed a win on the road, but Denver could not stop Pitt. If Cincinnati wins, they guarantee the #2 seed and a bye week. If Denver wins, they will still have to get past San Diego at home next week to win the #2 seed. In a game that is looking more and more like a winning field goal type game, give me the 3 1/2 points, just in case.

Kansas City -12 1/2 (Westgate) vs Cleveland. The AFC Wild Card is up for grabs. Three teams, Kansas City, Pitt, and the Jets, all have 9-5 records. Right now, the Chiefs have the inside track to the #5 seed, and a game against the lowly winner of the AFC South. The Chiefs have won 8 in a row and should have this game against the pathetic Browns wrapped up by halftime.

I also like Pitt over Baltimore, but giving 10 points on the road against a division rival is a bit much for me. The Jets have it the worst. Not only are they odd man out of the playoffs, but they must defeat New England, and Buffalo in Buffalo just to survive. I don't think so.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Careful with KC. I'd take the Browns +13 there. KC lets teams lurk in games. Lost to Chicago at home, SD should've tied them at 10 late in the 4th qtr etc.

And Cleveland hung tough in Seattle. Easily could have covered.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Carolina is of course no brainer.. but I like cinci getting 4 this week.. very appealing.

Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I don't really like Cincinnati this week. They didn't move the ball well last week against the 49ers. I think against a better defense and offense, they lose. Brock was able to put up points. He just couldn't keep up. I don't think Aj mcarron can put up a lot of points. But I love all the other picks.

goldust

Yeah, I lean the Broncos. They're off a loss and get a backup QB at home. Defense should be feasting.

I think if they have a conservative gameplan and don't ask Osweiler to do a whole lot, they cover the 3.5. Against Pittsburgh, the coaching staff had no choice but to have him win the game himself. He's not prepared for that yet.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by goldust View Post
    Careful with KC. I'd take the Browns +13 there. KC lets teams lurk in games. Lost to Chicago at home, SD should've tied them at 10 late in the 4th qtr etc.

And Cleveland hung tough in Seattle. Easily could have covered.
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda. It matters not. Kansas City blows out this very poor team early.

goldust

Suit yourself. That's too many points for me to bet KC. This is coming from somebody who was on the Seahawks -14 against Cleveland.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

isn't there a small chance Manning will start ?

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    hell nah

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    hes not playing!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Yep, I lean the Browns too. That's a lot of freakin' points in an NFL game and the Chiefs aren't even an elite team. I only lay double digits with elite teams. In fact Balty would have had the Chiefs on the ropes if not for a pick six and a strip six. The Ravens either matched or outplayed KC for the better part of that game.

Jeep_Life 42

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yep, I lean the Browns too. That's a lot of freakin' points in an NFL game and the Chiefs aren't even an elite team. I only lay double digits with elite teams. In fact Balty would have had the Chiefs on the ropes if not for a pick six and a strip six. The Ravens either matched or outplayed KC for the better part of that game.
    you think johnny could pull it off?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Life 42 View Post
    you think johnny could pull it off?
    I'm not calling for the outright upset, but I think the Brownies can keep it within the number. Arrowhead is as tough a venue as there is in the league, and it's tough playing b2b road games, but it looks like all that and more are already priced into the spread. I'd have to take the points or pass here... No way I'd lay that many with the Chiefs and feel good about it.

Jeep_Life 42

I'm not calling for the outright upset, but I think the Brownies can keep it within the number. Arrowhead is as tough a venue as there is in the league, and it's tough playing b2b road games, but it looks like all that and more are already priced into the spread. I'd have to take the points or pass here... No way I'd lay that many with the Chiefs and feel good about it.
    true idk how confident I would be playing this game!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

So you think Seattle is an "elite team"? Their record is the same as the Chiefs, and they just covered a 15 point spread against the Browns. You guys are so typical. Afraid to give big points no matter how obvious the outcome looks to be. Making up excuses for a team like Cleveland is NOT going to win you any money, but look who I am talking to. We already know this.

goldust

Again, I gave the 14 with confidence with Seattle. KC is not Seattle at home in December. They're just not. KC will lose one of their next two...with Oakland a much more likely candidate.

I also had KC over Baltimore simply because Baltimore has nobody left on their team. Manziel can make enough plays to cover this. I don't see why you'd lay essentially 13 here. Since when is KC a team that can be trusted to cover big spreads?
    Last edited by goldust; 12-23-15 at 01:22 PM.