Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

MNF: why is everyone on the over??

im not going to sit here and say I'm the best capper ever, but why the over? 51 is very high. I keep hearing people say that the saints and Detroit defense sucks, but that's looking at the entire year. Over the last 3 weeks, the saints d has allowed only 256 yds/game and Detroit only 198 yds/game. So help me understand why go over 51?

im leaning towards the under, and just want some insight.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

It's not just the defenses, but also the lack of any playoff implications. The notion is that defenses seem to underperform when the game means nothing. No idea how valid this is...but it's the angle many are taking.

SportsGEEEEK
    SportsGEEEEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

The Saints defense is the worst in the NFL. Idc what they've done the past couple weeks, they let up yards, points & big plays. They're bad. They go thru defensive coordinators every year. Lions defense has stepped up lately but, there's no way I'm putting my money on the UNDER in a game against the Lions/Saints. Two offenses who can be explosive when things are going well. I'm leaning Saints to win this but, the line movement is scaring me.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's a trend that's been going on for a while, the MNF line steadily goes up all week every week. Not sure why.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Breeees in the doooome mannn

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

the prob with the over tonight is that you never know what you'll get from Detroit. some games they look great and others they can't complete a pass more than 5 yards and they play slow as molasses.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Never a bad idea to jump on the opposite of the wagon in sports . I'll take the home team spread tho tonight -2.5 saints

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Not sure I'd agree with these defenses tightening up last few weeks.

Manny0825

Well clearly the public was right. I ended up fading the whole thing because I just couldn't get a grip on what I thought would happen. Thanks for the insight though everyone!

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Quote Originally Posted by Manny0825 View Post
    Well clearly the public was right. I ended up fading the whole thing because I just couldn't get a grip on what I thought would happen. Thanks for the insight though everyone!
    it ended up being a no play for me!

SportsGEEEEK

Quote Originally Posted by Manny0825 View Post
    If you can't get a grip on what you think is gonna happen then stay away. Don't take any action. It seems as if you were fighting with yourself, back and forth, deciding on it going over or under. That's the worst thing you can do. Stick with your gut and follow it.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Manny0825

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGEEEEK View Post
    If you can't get a grip on what you think is gonna happen then stay away. Don't take any action. It seems as if you were fighting with yourself, back and forth, deciding on it going over or under. That's the worst thing you can do. Stick with your gut and follow it.

Best of luck to you in the future.
    Yea that logic ended up working. Lol. Stay away if you aren't 100%. I did pretty well Sunday anyways. Thanks again!

SportsGEEEEK

Stay away if you're driving yourself nuts, tearing your hair out and going back and forth in your head with stats. If we were 100% certain on plays then we'd all be millionaires right? Lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Manny0825