ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

I was kicker in highschool

Not sure how many experts in here but kaeding was obviously kicking to the right, he lined up, kicked, aimed or whatever to the wrong side on all his kicks. He even laughed about it a couple times. Time to cut him even if he is or was good.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Not sure how many experts in here but kaeding was obviously kicking to the right, he lined up, kicked, aimed or whatever to the wrong side on all his kicks. He even laughed about it a couple times. Time to cut him even if he is or was good.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

you saying he purposely missed the fg... conspiracy theorrryyy ohhhh

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Its funny because even the local talk show host where I live was claiming Kaeding to be shaving points in favor of Jets..We know where his friends had their money last night..The only dog to cover!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

First one was off to the left. Second one never got there, but he compensated to the right. Third one was to the right. He shouldn't have compensated for the first miss. It was in his head. The mental pressure is ridiculous. Teams don't realize that by looking down on kickers they end up losing games. After a miss they need to help the guy get his confidence back. But they usually do the exact opposite, by ignoring him and letting him stand by himself.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The guy is a veteran professional. There is no excuse, mental or otherwise.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

Good kicker who had a bad game

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

hi tt

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you were a kicker in high school they could use you now in the NFL! Go enroll in a junior college & play a year to get back in rhythm & enter the draft next year. Kicking a football is a lost art. I've never seen such *hitty kicking games as this year in NFL. Problem is the college kickers are worse & they are the future NFL kickers. My VOLS lost to the now nat.champs because of a kicker. Kiffin went & got a kid from soccer practice the next day & told him he WILL be a football kicker & he was great. Is this what it has come to? NFL maybe needs to get European soccer pros to kick the damn ball! The kicking game is too important to have idiots doing it.
    I understand you can't make them all, but miss 3 in a game to win the game from a pro-bowl kicker? And it's not like they are multi-taskers. Tey don't have to know how to read 3 different defenses, memorize a 50 page playbook, physically battle with 300lb linemen play after play. ONLY JOB IS TO KICK THE BALL!!! I know it's harder than it sounds, but still all you have to practice & be the best at is KICKING THE BALL!!!

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    ONLY JOB IS TO KICK THE BALL!!! I know it's harder than it sounds, but still all you have to practice & be the best at is KICKING THE BALL!!!
    I was a kicker in H.S. too and coached the position for 8 years so let's start by saying that this comment is a "monkey hear monkey say" comment... I heard a woman in a bar say it recently as if she knows what she's talking about... When I was coaching I had a player ask me "coach how does Morgan miss a kick when all he does all practice is kick?" I said "Tony how do you drop a pass when all you do is catch passes all day or you're a basketball player also so better yet how on earth do you miss a F.T. when all you do is shoot the ball and unlike a kicker kicking a F.G. you have no snap and no rush during a FT. yet you are barely 50%"... He never mentioned it again...

I don't know if he missed on purpose or not but normally when a kicker misses it's a mechanical issue... If ball contact is perfect it would be (assuming you have laces on your shoes) on the circle holes where you laces go through but the set of holes on the inside part of the foot... If ball contact is made too high near your ankle the ball might hook and if it's too close to your toe the ball may push... shit happens...

This may come as a shock to you guys but I think kicking in college is harder then kicking in the NFL... In 1989 they removed the kicking block and also made the college uprights the same width as the NFL 18'.6" down from 21+ <<< can't remember exactly... In the NFL the hash marks are even with the uprights where it's not even close in college... This adds to distance as well as difficulty...