Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Mike Rose: Storm, Voodoo Under 100½

Storm and Voodoo Under 100½

Game Time: 06/02/2007 08:00 PM
    By: Mike Rose | who2beton.com

Shortsightedness by the public is driving this total too high. Bet the Under Saturday evening when the Tampa Bay Storm and New Orleans Voodoo battle in the Big Easy.

With New Orleans partaking in a barnburner last Monday night vs. New York, many have flocked to bet this week’s total Over the number as it has risen almost three points from the opening number. Why they expect such a high scoring affair between these two clubs is beyond me, but we’ll look to benefit from their shortsightedness.

Both clubs rank in the bottom half of the league offensively. Tampa Bay has averaged a whopping 46 PPG all season long, and the same exact number their last three games. New Orleans has really struggled to score of late averaging 43 PPG in their last three, which is down six points from their season average of 49 PPG.

The Storm have played some lights-out defense of late as evidenced by holding the potent Georgia Force to their lowest output in a home game this season (52) just last week. The Voodoo’s defense has put forth some unbelievable stinkers the last month or so, but they should be able to rebound here in their own backyard and contain the vanilla Tampa offense.

Numbers wise, my system shows only six points of value towards the Under taking into account both clubs' season-long statistical averages. However, this number jumps to 10 points of value by examining how each club has performed over the last three weeks of action. That’s the kind of value I can’t pass up when breaking down AFL totals, so sit back and see how much higher this total rises and laugh all the way to the window once these division rivals play to a 40-37 final.

Free Pick: Storm-Voodoo Under 100½ (-110)

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I could never take the under in an Arena game. Final score in this one: 61-55. 116 points. It could happen in any game...