Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's official. The NFL has become as boring as baseball.

After another yawner of a playoff day for the neutral spectator that conclusion seems pretty safe.

Who dat? Roger dat.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

are you American?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

What are you trying to say? That baseball is exciting?

The playoffs have little importance from a betting perspective. They're kind of in the rear view mirror. Main focus now is NBA.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

So you don't like football and you don't like baseball.

What do you like?

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

Another bitter loser

TheLock

I'm not disputing that today was a total zzzzzz fest but I'm curious if there is anything you do like.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I don't like baseball. But I do recognize it as a great sport to bet on.

As to the NFL. I can guarantee you that it was more exciting. Once... The regular season has betting value. The playoffs are an afterthought. Almost inconsequential.

Six playoff games in two weeks so far, eight games by tomorrow. Sorry if I'm not salivating. And out of these six 'great games', five were unwatchable unless you had money on it.

The teams that lost the turnover battle lost the games. Couldn't we just play for those, and forget about the endzone? I would go for hard hits, but they're barely allowed anymore, so now I would prefer for those roughly 24 hours (6 games) of entertainment to be squeezed into something more '21st century'. Oh, and I don't watch football to see receivers make those little gay gestures for flags all over the place.

You bet I'm annoyed. Mostly with myself. For actually scheduling my weekend around this crap.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5081

You have to admit the first half of the Saints game was pretty good.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Saints looked like they might Roll.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Agree if you dont have money on the games 5 of the first 6 post season games have been unentertaining

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    What are you trying to say? That baseball is exciting?

The playoffs have little importance from a betting perspective. They're kind of in the rear view mirror. Main focus now is NBA.
    no, personally I hate baseball with a passion.
    most boring sport on the planet.

but if your a fan of the game that is American football than you enjoy a game no matter the outcome.

I'd rather watch college football anyday of the week over the NFL but its all thats left, so i'll take what I can get

patblue03
    patblue03's Avatar Become A Pro!

seriously. are you kidding me?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    but if your a fan of the game that is American football than you enjoy a game no matter the outcome.
    Not really. I've seen a comparable change happen in soccer. I grew up with soccer, in Europe (by the way ), but I can't watch it anymore. The big money took over. Same in football. Protecting the QB at all costs, protecting the receivers, bullsh*t pass interference calls, the flopping (!), the asking for yellow (cards or flags) for opponents, throwing flags for hard shoulder to shoulder hits, because it looked like helmet to helmet. It's the same change as in soccer. Soccer is still popular. Never more so, in fact. But if you've seen the old game, it's sterile and boring now. I loved Joe Montana to Jerry Rice, -not because they were protected, but because they were incredible-, and balance that light-footed ballet with a healthy dose of Ronnie Lott decapitating people.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

horse i told you the saints would pump your boys

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

They need to limit the amount of time outs and stoppages.

mkasad23
    mkasad23's Avatar Become A Pro!

today was the biggest yawn fest had very high hopes on the ravens now gonna have to cheer for the chargers

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Baseball isn't most boring sport, gotta throw Hockey and Soccer below it. I think all 3 are horrifying. That hit on Warner in the Cars/Saints game was more exciting than anything I have seen in baseball.

mkasad23
    mkasad23's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant stand hockey ccccccccccccant stand it

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    horse i told you the saints would pump your boys
    Yes, you did. And I told you that the Cards would win, provided that they won the turnover battle; as they had in every playoff game under Whisenhunt, except the Superbowl.

I thought they had a very good chance of doing so. But. They did not. It was clear very early that they weren't getting to Brees. That was it. Game, set, and match.

About football in general. I do love the culture around it. Everybody talking about it, the airwaves filled with it, all the betting going on. The swami now 0-6 for the postseason. lol. But the element that is most interesting about it, the strategies and decisions during every snap, is almost completely lost to the viewing public during live broadcasts. What is really going on on the field only becomes clear when the tapes are studied. Imagine it. Watching a game and missing 90% of what is happening... If they could somehow bring those views into the live broadcasts, that would spark my interest. (they won't; because they have to go to commercial...)

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I would go for hard hits, but they're barely allowed anymore
    Its hard to argue this. It makes me not want to watch this shit either after i see a call like the one on Ray Lewis. He did what hes supposed to do! He hit the receiver and knocked the ball out. If he wouldn't have done that the guy would have fukkin caught the ball for a touchdown for fukks sake! And that late hit on Warner where the guys arm/hand barely hit his helmet after he tried to swat the pass attempt. What a bunch of bullshit....

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

hockey might be the best sport left. Hockey is the most action and by far the least commercially tainted.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by S.K.M. View Post
    Its hard to argue this. It makes me not want to watch this shit either after i see a call like the one on Ray Lewis. He did what hes supposed to do! He hit the receiver and knocked the ball out. If he wouldn't have done that the guy would have fukkin caught the ball for a touchdown for fukks sake! And that late hit on Warner where the guys arm/hand barely hit his helmet after he tried to swat the pass attempt. What a bunch of bullshit....
    True. Plus the refs have been calling the games all year in favor of the Colts Manning. I said this before the game, and sure enough, they went at it again. The NBA has long been fine with games being called in favor of the superstars. MJ, Kobe, Lebron don't get called for things others do get called for. Everybody knows that. And I could easily see the NFL going in that same direction.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I just watched the most exhilarating five minutes of sports I've seen in a long time. OT in the Chicago-Detroit NHL game. Holy smokes.

What a great wake up call from the zzzzzzzzzzzzzz fest in the NFL, the much anticipated Dallas - Minnesota game.

NFL

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I want action I watch hockey. Edge of my seat the entire game.

I wish hockey had better coverage. There is an occasional game on Versus or FSN. But I usually have to get my fix with ATDHE.net

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

IT'S all about the BENJAMINS baby

texassoljaz
    texassoljaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brocc View Post
    Another bitter loser

lol agreed..

TheLock

People talking about what sports are boring make me LOL. It's like talking about music.

I think Creed and Fall Out Boy are boring and lame but some people really like them. Does that make them boring and lame? No because it's just my opinion.

Baseball is boring because 8 guys on a degenerate sports forum say so?

No.

People have different tastes and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think hockey is boring. Does that mean it's boring? No. It just means I don't like hockey.

TheLock

/end of thread