Albabbie
    Albabbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

Atl (-4) @ SF

Hi all,

Life-long casual Football bettor, new to your site. Nice to see passionate, well-informed people sharing their views and perspective.

Anyways looking at the early lines for this coming week, and this is the one that jumped out to me.

I realize this might be the definition of a trap game, but I really like ATL here, yes they have been awful covering the spread all year, but their loss against an improving (and underrated Bucs team) only helped pushed the line closer. SF is a dumpster fire with a tremendous amount of injuries and a QB with 0 confidence left. If there were ever a game for ATl to bounce back and flex their offensive potential (against a team that is last in the league in scoring)... This would be it. Thoughts??

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Atlanta isn't a good team, their record will fool some people bc of one of the weakest schedules in the NFL if not the weakest. Always gotta be careful playing a spread with them

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Oh be careful here. This feels like a Niners cover to me.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Line opened at 2.5 so there def has been some poundage going on. Both teams really bad. Niners might be worst team in league. Very fishy line. Gotta be like 90%+ public on atl

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I say this is a bad bet, wow -4.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Atlanta isn't a good team, their record will fool some people bc of one of the weakest schedules in the NFL if not the weakest. Always gotta be careful playing a spread with them
    ^^This. And dome team traveling west to play outdoors....if you bet it, do it soon bc line will creep up. Remember 2 weeks ago lot of peeps lost money on atl not covering on the road vs Tenn. SO last two weeks, 1-1 record SU and 0-2 ATS. PLUS they were on the east coast relatively.... Just my 2 cents

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I do like that niners defense far more at home. Waiting for this one to creep up.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Uhh why would it creep up.

Albabbie

Thanks for the input, I am well aware of how overrated ATL has been...I've done very well the last three weeks betting against them. It just seems most of their issues have been mental and not due to a lack of talent (unlike the 49ers who will be on their 3rd string RB and are lacking across the spectrum). I figure their embarrassing loss to the Bucs would help them get their heads outta their ass and play to their potential.

However now I am wondering if I am simply being a square and "took the bait" a bit early. I hate this hobby sometimes lol.

Albabbie

Well looks like the books took this game off the board...SF just traded Vernon Davis, and a few indicators are pointing to Blaine Gabbert starting.

SF is clearly ceding the season and are going fully into rebuild / experiment mode. With half the team hurt I feel confident in this pick, even if its totally square.
    Last edited by Albabbie; 11-02-15 at 07:37 PM.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Do the 49ers have a running back left?

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

I guess the play is the Falcons now!

Albabbie

I wouldn't be surprised if the spread moves to ATL (-6) with the flux going on in SF. Even though Kap has sucked the big one, Gabbert is not an upgrade, esp with an O-line that is reeling.

I don't feel ATL will blow out SF, but will strive to correct the mental issues that have plagued them the past few weeks. In my capping experience, its much easier for a relatively healthy, talented team to fix mental errors; than an injured, mostly talent-less team to fix their play making ability.

ATL lost to an improving TB team in large part because they committed 3 turnovers in the red zone. If ATL can secure the ball, I think it's a high probability their 4th ranked offense (yards per game), out-guns SF's dead-last offense.

However it's football, and anything can happen. BOL this week.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

I'm not betting Atlanta whenever they're giving more than 3...even facing Blaine Gabbert. A tease seems interesting though.

Albabbie

Agreed, except I'm comfortable at -4. Final score ATL 24, SF 17

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

ATL 28 SF 6

No way SF scores 17 points

Hyde out. They bring in Pierre Thomas who hasn't played a down all year, hasn't practiced. Bolden is injured. They lose their tight end.

No way Gabbert will produce. THe guy is horrible.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

line up to 7 for all u neckbeards thinking this spread should be less than 4. me and the op know whts up. atl -4 was a gift

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

my dumbass took sf at +4 at least ill have some afternoon action

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Uhh why would it creep up.
    Huh?