aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

Chargers vs the raiders (moneyline seems to be a lock on the chargers)

After suffering a crushing loss to the Green Bay Packers in Week 6, the San Diego Chargersare set to host their division rival the Oakland Raiders in Week 7. The Raiders are coming off of a frustrating loss to the division leading 6-0 Denver Broncos and are looking to take advantage of extra practice time during their bye week. Oakland and San Diego both have the same amount of wins heading into Week 7, but the Chargers are a four-point favorite against the Raiders at home.

Week 6 Philip Rivers made NFL history as the first quarterback with 503 passing yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in a losing effort. Rivers is one of the better QBs in the league but has been without the personnel to go deep in the playoffs. This year seems like no exception and the window for Rivers and the Chargers looks to be closing. Rivers will need to exploit the Raiders defensive weaknesses and find Antonio Gates to gain yards. The Chargers are currently ranked 29th in the league in rushing and must try to establish a run game against the Raiders to balance their offensive attack.

The Raiders have improved their defense and put up an impressive stand against Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Week 6. Charles Woodson came away with his first and second career picks off Manning, yet the Raiders were stifled by turnovers. Derek Carr threw a pick-six that ultimately cost Oakland a victory and sealed the deal for the Broncos to kept them undefeated. For their Week 7 matchup against the Chargers, the Raiders must stay the course on defense and focus on covering the TE position as they will be going up against one of the best in the game in Gates. The most critical adjustment the Raiders must make is to protect the ball and limit their turnovers. In two of the Raiders’ three losses this season they were hurt by costly turnovers late in the game. It is the Raiders’ lack of ball protection that has squandered early opportunities for them to flash their potential.

Because Rivers has proven to be clutch in the past and is the more decorated quarterback, he gets the edge against Carr. He is coming off of an elite offensive performance that ended in a disappointment and will be ready for a redemption game at home. The Chargers will avenge their week 6 loss and improve to 3-4 while the Raiders will fall to 2-4 on the season.

CHARGERS SHOULD WIN THIS GAME BY 7 I THINK WHY THE FOURM NOT POUNDING THEM TO NO ENDéé

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

I pounded them at -4. chargers should play well.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I will be at this game. Took OAK +14

Underdog has owned this series vs the spread for quite some time.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47531

laying points with the chargers is not good for your bankroll.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Teased them to +2 on Tuesday, doubt I'll even need it. Rivers is hot!

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

Don't think Chargers will cover.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15918

You all must live in sweden, the chargers are idiots.

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

I'm a raiders fan. Last season both games came down to the wire and were decided by 1 score. Also this is a Raiders home game as well. Good luck with your pick.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    I will be at this game. Took OAK +14

Underdog has owned this series vs the spread for quite some time.

WWcd good luck with your bet which you will win.. But I can see the chargers winning this by a touchdown.. Let me know your thoughts

enjoy the game

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I see chargers winning by 10 points

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by aston View Post
    WWcd good luck with your bet which you will win.. But I can see the chargers winning this by a touchdown.. Let me know your thoughts

enjoy the game
    Keep in mind that as hard as I may try, my judgement is clouded since I have been a Raider fan for over 20 years.

I can see them winning by a TD, but I can also see the Raiders down 10 points and Derek Carr putting together a drive for a backdoor cover.

With 2 Charger safeties being injured I think the middle of the field is going to be a gaping hole which Carr should be able to exploit with Cooper and Crabtree. SD is not very good at protecting Rivers(17 sacks), and they will have their hands full stopping Khalil Mack. Raiders have a real shot at pulling an upset here, and if you look at the history the dog 3 out of 4 times in this match up.

Raiders pass defense is not very good at all, and stopping Peyton at this day and age doesn't really prove anything. If the Raiders can pound the rock with Murray and keep the ball away from Rivers, and not turn the ball over, there is a very good chance that the Raiders win here. If the Raiders cannot pound the rock, then it will be a shootout. I do not like the Raiders chances in a shootout with SD as they have 2 very capable TE's and that is something the Raiders have struggled with this season.

Raider Nation will be there in full force as usual. My drunk ass might check in on SBR from the stands =)

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

Hope you didn't take San Diego ML. Raiders came to play. I tailed you on the teaser tho!!
    GL