DetroitRob
    DetroitRob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Need help to win $1,000....

I am in an NFL Confidence pool. With one week to go, I am currently in 2nd place(out of 288 ppl), 4 points behind the leader. The winner takes home a grand. I dont feel very confident about this weeks slate of games and would be greatly appreciative if any would give help on this weeks winners. Straight up winners, no spread

MichaelC
    MichaelC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had 3 locks that I am sticking with...Eagles,Falcons,Titans....Also strong on Cards,Pats,Steelers,Giants

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

yeah mikec's games look good

DetroitRob

thing is i have to pick the entire board fellas. from 16 (most confident) to 1 (least confident)...I do appreciate the help guys. For instance these games trouble me ....jax@cle, Pit@mia, no@ car with no Brees., I guess its more so the teams that have nothing to play for that has me perplexed.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

You have to like Carolina without Brees IMO.

I rather take Pittsburgh over Miami.

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would compare the games with the spreads and take the favorites. Vegas is a winner for a reason

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

carolina pittsburgh dallas new England cinncinatti detroit oakland cleveland buffalo minnesota sanfrancisco atlanta arizona denver washington tennessee

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

you have to like the Saints with Brunell

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by nobull View Post
    you have to like the Saints with Brunell
    brunell hasnt started since 2006

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

The problem you have is trying to beat the leader. It is all or nothing. If we assume he Tips all favorites you are going to have to spike some upsets to run him down.

How much is a win worth? How far exactly are you behind him? If you could get his tips beforehand it would be $.

Bill, Panthers, Texans, Vikes, Jets, 9ers, Broncos, Raves, Titans are all favored by 6 or more. I would be taking all of these.

Jags, Eagles, Lions, Phins, Bucs, Packers, Skins are all dogs by 3/3.5 or less. It might be worth taking these and praying for upsets in tight games because you NEED to run down the leader. All or nothing.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Excuse my rambling. Most of it is not relevant. I had no idea how a confidence pool was scored.

The best advice I will give is to go off the pinnacle moneylines. And rate the games based on them.

The only downside to this is if the leader does this you can't run him down.

DetroitRob

Quote Originally Posted by Jshap1515 View Post
    I would compare the games with the spreads and take the favorites. Vegas is a winner for a reason
    thats good advice and probably what has gotten me this far.

DetroitRob

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    The problem you have is trying to beat the leader. It is all or nothing. If we assume he Tips all favorites you are going to have to spike some upsets to run him down.

How much is a win worth? How far exactly are you behind him? If you could get his tips beforehand it would be $.

Bill, Panthers, Texans, Vikes, Jets, 9ers, Broncos, Raves, Titans are all favored by 6 or more. I would be taking all of these.

Jags, Eagles, Lions, Phins, Bucs, Packers, Skins are all dogs by 3/3.5 or less. It might be worth taking these and praying for upsets in tight games because you NEED to run down the leader. All or nothing.
    you make a list...ur top being 16(as ur most confident) and the one your least confident in you place at one, for each game you accurately pick you receive that amount of points, so 4 pts shouldnt be all that difficult to make up, assuming I have a decent week. For instance...(as an example)#16---Den
    #15---NYJ
    #14---Min
    and so on, for every game..so basically you put the games you feel are damn likely to win at the top and the low #s are the ones that u arent so sure about. So that way if the ones at the bottom lose, it doesnt hurt you as much. It is pretty crucial to get the top ones right though. I lost my #16 last week with NO. Hopefully this explains it a bit more. Also there is no way to know the teams he is taking until after kickoff at which time you are locked into what you have picked.

DetroitRob

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRob View Post
    you make a list...ur top being 16(as ur most confident) and the one your least confident in you place at one, for each game you accurately pick you receive that amount of points, so 4 pts shouldnt be all that difficult to make up, assuming I have a decent week. For instance...(as an example)#16---Den
    #15---NYJ
    #14---Min
    and so on, for every game..so basically you put the games you feel are damn likely to win at the top and the low #s are the ones that u arent so sure about. So that way if the ones at the bottom lose, it doesnt hurt you as much. It is pretty crucial to get the top ones right though. I lost my #16 last week with NO. Hopefully this explains it a bit more. Also there is no way to know the teams he is taking until after kickoff at which time you are locked into what you have picked.
    It all depends where he places his numbers(number placement is crucial)

lb49ers
    lb49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16816

Here are my plays in my confidence pool. I was mediocre in the middle weeks but have been doing better the past couple of weeks. At least it gives you something to compare to:

San Francisco16Denver15Tennessee14Arizona13San Diego12Baltimore11NY Jets10Chicago9Atlanta8Minnesota7Pittsburgh6Carolina5New England4Cleveland3Philadelphia2Indianapolis1

Good luck!

DetroitRob

looks pretty good, I will post mine when I am done making my picks

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

great to have all our opinions.... but go with your gut.... sometimes when you think to much that is when you mess up a pick... Good Luck.... love the eagles today

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

You know jets need to win and panthers are playing great. Bears should take care of lions as well.