Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes Prop bet question...

First off, crazy finish to the game. Type of call that gets people fired. Lynch could have been stuffed and he'd still fall forward 3 yards. They had the downs, time, and TOs to have absolutely no need to pass it. Didn't matter if Pats knew they'd want to run, you fuggin run that bitch in.

But anyways.... One of the prop bets at 5Dimes is:

Props Football 29996 Jat Cutler not on Bears rosted Sept 13 +250*vs Jay Cutler on Bears roster Sept 13

And so I'm wondering, can you dispute this bet regardless the outcome? lol I'm pretty confident there will be no Jat Cutler on the Bears next season. If you find misquoted prices on store websites they are usually required to give you the stated price. At least in all my experiences.

Obviously a ticky tack question, but it's the first typo I've seen, and would be good to hear how a book would deal with their own fugg-up.

Crate Mayne

bump

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Seriously? They misspelled his name and you think you should be able to exploit this? No way in hell...

Crate Mayne

Well to be fair, it completely changes what is actually being bet on, and I just wanted to see if others had experience with something similar and what the outcome of it was... If typo can be claimed as their defense, then one should be able to claim error for thinking they bet the under when they meant the over, etc. That's all I'm saying. Accountability should go both ways.

I didn't bet the line, my friend did, and told me about it. And while I agreed that it "technically" should be honored since he's only following what the bet says... I told him 99.99% they'd likely just call it typo where the person should have known what was meant, and disregard any attempt he had at stating his case.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

If you went to a book after losing that bet and asked for it to voided based on the typo they would probably see it as an attempt to free roll them.

And 5Dimes terms state they have a zero tolerance policy about taking shots at them and would likely close your account.

it would be smarter to email them and confirm they intend to honor the bet with that typo or void it. It's generally a no-win situation for the player betting on typos. You can't be sure what will happen.

Crate Mayne

Alright, good looks for the info Optional