WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Rams +3.5

I keep looking at this game and keep leaning Rams. I think they will cover, with a good chance to upset the Niners on MNF.

Discuss...

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

The niners are really not that good..picking against them is never a bad idea..Austin Davis is quietly having a nice little season out in STL

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    The niners are really not that good..picking against them is never a bad idea..Austin Davis is quietly having a nice little season out in STL
    He's had success against the Eagles and cowboys.... and they still lost.

WWCD

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    He's had success against the Eagles and cowboys.... and they still lost.
    I think they put it all together this week for MNF. Defense needs to show up here, and Zac Stacy has to get going. I like their chances at home.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    I think they put it all together this week for MNF. Defense needs to show up here, and Zac Stacy has to get going. I like their chances at home.
    Pressure on a QB with little experience.
    I'll take the 9ers experience and weapons giving only 3 pts.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

we meet again WWCD

leaning SF in primetime here. Gore and Hyde going to run all over them. Harbaugh knows how important this division game is before they go up to Denver next week. Vernon Davis should be back, and Lloyd and Stevie Johnson playing fantastic. Still deciding if I'm going multiple units on SF -3 but i have SF +3/4 in the last leg of multiple big teasers so if it makes it ill wager rams -3. best of luck playa

WWCD

80% on SF and Books due for another Prime Time burial. This one sure looks like it could be the one.

WWCD

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  44.6 KB

Looks like a pretty close match up on paper to me.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  44.6 KB

Looks like a pretty close match up on paper to me.
    See previous post of mine.

Rams opponents:
    Minnesota, Tampa bay, Dallas, Philly.

Not a good sample size.

I'm not disagreeing with you that St Louis could take them down, but I think your reasoning is flawed.

WWCD

I would agree with you more if it were Davis' first start, but it's not. Sample size is pretty good for me, and I really think it's going to come down to the 2 things I mentioned.. Rams playing some defense, and Stacy moving the ball on the ground. Davis needs that play action to work to have a chance in this game IMO.

Niners haven't blown anyone out this year. Their first game they beat Dallas by 11, but we all saw how bad Romo was in that game. Their other 2 wins had a margin of 5 points, and those were at home.

Not wanting to sound like the Rams or a lock or anything, but I think it's a solid play.
    Last edited by WWCD; 10-10-14 at 11:37 AM.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I would agree with you more if it were Davis' first start, but it's not. Sample size is pretty good for me, and I really think it's going to come down to the 2 things I mentioned.. Rams playing some defense, and Stacy moving the ball on the ground. Davis needs that play action to work to have a chance in this game IMO.

Niners haven't blown anyone out this year. Their first game they beat Dallas by 11, but we all saw how bad Romo was in that game. Their other 2 wins had a margin of 5 points, and those were at home.

Not wanting to sound like the Rams or a lock or anything, but I think it's a solid play.
    They held Philly to 210 yards of offense and NO TDs.

strictlypaypal

Niners are 2nd in the league against the run which is pretty amazing, no bowman and no Aldon. The eagles shutout goes so unnoticed. It is insane what 9ers did to that O. I think it's being looked at more what rams O can potentially do and not what 49ers can do. Either way I think 3.5-4 is the correct line for this game. But I think 9ers got this

WWCD

@THam

Don't understand your point.

They have also allowed 37, 34, and 27 points in the other 3 games?

WWCD

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    Niners are 2nd in the league against the run which is pretty amazing, no bowman and no Aldon. The eagles shutout goes so unnoticed. It is insane what 9ers did to that O. I think it's being looked at more what rams O can potentially do and not what 49ers can do. Either way I think 3.5-4 is the correct line for this game. But I think 9ers got this
    Of course you do. Everyone does. That's why 80% of the public is on them.

I am pretty anxious to see what happens in this one.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

@THam

Don't understand your point.

They have also allowed 37, 34, and 27 points in the other 3 games?
    Rams were up 21 and lost. AT home. Pay less attention to past weeks and more to this week. Rams offense is a bunch of pieces thrown together on the shoulders of a QB with no experience. If you have the balls to back them against one of the leagues best franchises then that's all you.

WWCD

Rams were up 21 and lost. AT home. Pay less attention to past weeks and more to this week. Rams offense is a bunch of pieces thrown together on the shoulders of a QB with no experience. If you have the balls to back them against one of the leagues best franchises then that's all you.
    It always takes balls to fade the public.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

It always takes balls to fade the public.
    The public is sometimes smart....

Sometimes.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

lambs offense in better shape than they been the last 4 times they played sf and besides 1 thu night outlier where lambs were in a terrible spot and sf was extremely motivated they have played them extremely tough. id take davis over any qb they have had in last 7 years, the wr corp is markedly improved with quick finally emerging and britt playing like he cares again. yes davis is unproven or whatever but i can tell ya i have wanted him to be the starter since he came here, it only takes watching 1 throw to realize he is a upgrade over bradford and the rest of his scrub backups. he may make some mistakes but the kid is a gunslinger, when he hits that back foot on his drop back the ball coming out quick and decisively. rams have played sf tough with far worse options under center is all im saying.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    lambs offense in better shape than they been the last 4 times they played sf and besides 1 thu night outlier where lambs were in a terrible spot and sf was extremely motivated they have played them extremely tough. id take davis over any qb they have had in last 7 years, the wr corp is markedly improved with quick finally emerging and britt playing like he cares again. yes davis is unproven or whatever but i can tell ya i have wanted him to be the starter since he came here, it only takes watching 1 throw to realize he is a upgrade over bradford and the rest of his scrub backups. he may make some mistakes but the kid is a gunslinger, when he hits that back foot on his drop back the ball coming out quick and decisively. rams have played sf tough with far worse options under center is all im saying.
    You make good points and I'm not discounting davis' skill set by any means.
    But I would never lay my money on an unproven, young qb, with little experience against a team like San fran.
    Points Awarded:

strictlypaypal gave THam12 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

scoob1111
    scoob1111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

As a Ram's fan, my biggest concern (for once) isn't the offense but the knack for shooting themselves in the foot. Stacy might not play, but Cunningham has looked better than Stacy for the most part this year. IMO, Davis' offense looks better than the Bradford version simply because Davis isn't afraid to make a play, where Sammy turned into captain checkdown. I've been down on the rammies, but I like them at home to make this a game, with a decent shot at the upset.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by scoob1111 View Post
    As a Ram's fan, my biggest concern (for once) isn't the offense but the knack for shooting themselves in the foot. Stacy might not play, but Cunningham has looked better than Stacy for the most part this year. IMO, Davis' offense looks better than the Bradford version simply because Davis isn't afraid to make a play, where Sammy turned into captain checkdown. I've been down on the rammies, but I like them at home to make this a game, with a decent shot at the upset.
    the sad thing is the offense outplaying the defense that fisher has wasted so many good draft picks on. hate this coaching staff, mediocrity at its finest..you would think with a qb willing to go down field and the emergence of quick these morons could figure out a way to incorporate some underneath stuff for austin. after all they teh rocket scientist that traded up to over spend on a tiny ass wr when they could have waited a year and had sammy watkins so i mean you picked him so try using him a little..

TheKLB
    TheKLB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

49ers haven't had a lot of recent success playing in STL. Smart money in on the Under

strictlypaypal

^ blew em out last year in stl. And by 10 at home. Under is a play as long as it's a clean game. But yes before last season 9ers have struggled

scoob1111
    scoob1111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    the sad thing is the offense outplaying the defense that fisher has wasted so many good draft picks on. hate this coaching staff, mediocrity at its finest..you would think with a qb willing to go down field and the emergence of quick these morons could figure out a way to incorporate some underneath stuff for austin. after all they teh rocket scientist that traded up to over spend on a tiny ass wr when they could have waited a year and had sammy watkins so i mean you picked him so try using him a little..
    I honestly don't think anyone has faith that the FO or coaches have much of a clue. I liked the Austin pick at the time, but Shotty has no idea what to do with him, and he's nothing more than a gadget player...not someone you take in the top 10. The off line is terrible so far, they take G Robinson at #2 overall and he can't even get on the field??

Supposed to be a ground and pound team with a stout D, yet they can't stop anyone, can't run, and are throwing the ball all over the field. Go figure...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    ^ blew em out last year in stl. And by 10 at home. Under is a play as long as it's a clean game. But yes before last season 9ers have struggled
    i dove into that gm in the thread you asked me about this gm. spent a minute on it if you havnt went back and checked it out yet

WWCD

Well, at least this is on MNF. We can see what happens with the other 6 home dogs. One home dog already did not cover(Texans).