beech630
    beech630's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Falcons@Bengals

For some reason, probably because of their win last week, I can't stop drooling over the Falcons money line. I know the Bengals record at home for however long and all that stuff so please don't throw that at me. I need some real insight to drag me away from going big on Matty Ice over Red headed step child.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Falcons struggled at home to beat a Saints team they know VERY well. Those games are always close, and were both close last year even when the falcons were injured garbage.

I'd stick to the spread here. That's a lot of points to give up. Or, 3:1 spread:ML so you're still up if it goes 24-21 Cincy.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Falcons struggled at home to beat a Saints team they know VERY well. Those games are always close, and were both close last year even when the falcons were injured garbage.

I'd stick to the spread here. That's a lot of points to give up. Or, 3:1 spread:ML so you're still up if it goes 24-21 Cincy.
    i wouldnt devalue the win vs the saints one bit

beech630

Sorry I should have posted this in my initial cry for help but I plan on taking the spread as well. I'll have 3-5 units depending how ballsy and how well I do Saturday to be honest and maybe a half to one unit on money line. You're right about the saints and Falcons having tons of film on each other but let's be honest here, Atlanta looks to have turned over a new leaf. Never thought that Hester add was a good move but wow he looked great. Add that with his special teams ability and I honestly think this team could make noise this year.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Less of a new leaf and more of being healthy again. They were soooo injured last year, and we're talking pro bowler injuries. The falcons aren't known for being a monster on the road and Cincy is hard to beat at home. All I'm saying is you're not picking a team to win who's a two or even three point dog. You're talking about giving up five points on the road in a stadium where the home team has had tons of recent success. ML is tough for me here. Falcons losing by three or four is a totally realistic scenario.

beech630

Thanks for your insight. Appreciated surely

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by beech630 View Post
    Thanks for your insight. Appreciated surely
    I would say that the loss of Tyler Eifert the following are even more of a concern for the Bengals:

Defensive tackle Geno Atkins missed Wednesday’s practice with an injury to both of his feet. Linebacker Vontaze Burfict missed practice with a concussion sustained on Sunday.

Atkins was carted off the field and helped to the locker room after Sunday’s win in Baltimore. PFT reported at the time that Atkins was exhausted from a lack of reps in training camp and the preseason, and that his feet were very sore. Burfict’s head injury came on a play other than the hit on Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco that resulted in Burfict’s helmet striking Flacco in the groin.

Also for the Bengals, receiver A.J. Green was limited with a foot injury.

beech630

Ton of injuries on the Bengals side. I see this spread doing nothing but going down til kick off

beech630

5Dimes still has it@ +5

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

If CIN gives up less points I will bet more. Public all over the dog.

beech630

Fading the public doesn't always work, or else we'd all do it.... every week. Last week fading worked. Which usually means the next week. ...... public feast. It began with Detroit Monday.

rockhardfister

Sorry I should have posted this in my initial cry for help but I plan on taking the spread as well. I'll have 3-5 units depending how ballsy and how well I do Saturday to be honest and maybe a half to one unit on money line. You're right about the saints and Falcons having tons of film on each other but let's be honest here, Atlanta looks to have turned over a new leaf. Never thought that Hester add was a good move but wow he looked great. Add that with his special teams ability and I honestly think this team could make noise this year.
    Found this article about the new 4 wide no huddle set that is setting things up for Douglas and Hester on the inside.

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/po...-four-wide-open

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Saints wr had field day running threw falcons secondary do eho gonna cover aj no way cinn loses this game ml

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler View Post
    Saints wr had field day running threw falcons secondary do eho gonna cover aj no way cinn loses this game ml
    Cinci offense isnt nearly as dynamic as NO offense and Dalton is not as shifty as Brees in the pocket. How about AJ Green in this game anyway? He didnt practice again yesterday. Save your money bro, I know the Falcons well and there is a good chance that this team blows the doors off the Bengals on Sunday. They just got a taste of how dynamic their offense can be last week with Hester in the slot, Antone Smith/Devonte Freeman getting touches. Toilolio is a freek of a TE at 6' 8" in the red zone.

Giants over Cardinals straight up
    Dolphins over Bills Straight up

AJ Green dealing with foot injury; Misses Thursday Practice
    By Jason Marcum
    20 hours ago

The Bengals are dealing with several injuries to key players, but the biggest may be the apparent foot injury AJ Green is dealing with.

After being limited during Wednesday's practice, Green missed Thursday's session while resting the foot. Green never appeared to suffer an injury during Sunday's win over the Ravens. In fact, his feet looked completely fine as he was shattering the ankles of Darian Stewart for the game-winning score late in the fourth quarter.

Regardless, foot injuries can pop up at anytime, and sometimes, don't truly reveal themselves until after a game has concluded. Judging by the fact Green was dealing with the injury on Wednesday, it's safe to assume he was either dealing with the injury going into Sunday, or suffered it at some point vs. Baltimore.

This is bad news for Andy Dalton, who is running out of options to throw to. Tight end Tyler Eifert (elbow) is out indefinitely and Marvin Jones (foot) won't be back until at least Week 5.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

A.J. Green returns to Friday practice
    by Chris Towers | CBSSports.com
    (11:06 am ET) Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green was spotted back at practice Friday, after sitting out Thursday's session with a foot issue. He had been limited Wednesday, but appears on his way to playing in Week 2 against the Falcons, if he avoids a setback Friday.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1956

Bengals wins this game.
    Home field advantage.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Bengals wins this game.
    Home field advantage.
    I didnt know it was that easy? Didnt the Bengals have home field first round of the playoffs last year when they shit the bed? Whether or not the Bengals can constantly put pressure on Matt Ryan, especially on 3rd down will determine weather the Bengals win. Saints couldnt do it last week and got carved up. Bengals have similar defense as Saints but they are stronger in the middle. It should be interesting with Jake Matthews out and Gabe Carimi filling in.

mattryan371
    mattryan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

That is a lot of points for the ATL offense. Both are coming off huge close wins. Lean ATL but their D leaves much to be desired.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

this game is going over.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Bengals at home + falcons starting turnstiles at both tackle positions

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Bengals 8-0 ATS in 2013, on of the best home teams in the league. Great pass rush against an immobile QB

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Bengals at home + falcons starting turnstiles at both tackle positions
    Ryan learned to play last year with no line at all. Gabe Carimi had a great camp. Lamar Holmes got better and can play RT. Tice has these boys playing way better than last year.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

think this one has the potential to be pretty high scoring. kinda similar to when pack went to cincy last year imo..cincy gonna do work on the ground which will set up green deep, i think atl offense has returned to top 5 status where not many teams gonna be keeping them from putting up points even with the oline problems they can simply spread teams out and dare you to attack them, if you bring heat they have guys that gonna beat 1 on 1 coverage.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20412

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    think this one has the potential to be pretty high scoring. kinda similar to when pack went to cincy last year imo..cincy gonna do work on the ground which will set up green deep, i think atl offense has returned to top 5 status where not many teams gonna be keeping them from putting up points even with the oline problems they can simply spread teams out and dare you to attack them, if you bring heat they have guys that gonna beat 1 on 1 coverage.
    I agree. Cincy will have no problem putting up points on ATL's defense. Most teams will have no problem moving the ball on that pathetic defense. I think ATL can move the ball in the air. Don't see them doing much on the ground. Only thing that worries me about ATL is no Jake Matthews at LT. Not exactly an ideal offensive line having Carimi and Holmes as your tackles. But I do agree, ATL is back as a top 5 offense. Just so many weapons on the outside.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I agree. Cincy will have no problem putting up points on ATL's defense. Most teams will have no problem moving the ball on that pathetic defense. I think ATL can move the ball in the air. Don't see them doing much on the ground. Only thing that worries me about ATL is no Jake Matthews at LT. Not exactly an ideal offensive line having Carimi and Holmes as your tackles. But I do agree, ATL is back as a top 5 offense. Just so many weapons on the outside.
    The outside threat is opening things up inside. People were laughing last week when I said that nobody can cover Hester in the slot, then he goes out and catches 5 for 99 (targeted 7x) yards and Ryan missed him on a crosser that could have went for 30+. Douglas is getting one on one's also while Julio gets doubled.

beech630

Falcons still the play. Lets get this money. ALSO.... Carolina wins tomorrow easily. Just a heads up for the readers

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Ryan learned to play last year with no line at all. Gabe Carimi had a great camp. Lamar Holmes got better and can play RT. Tice has these boys playing way better than last year.
    I'll believe it when I see it...carimi is terrible and Holmes has been a turnstile his whole career

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20412

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it...carimi is terrible and Holmes has been a turnstile his whole career
    Agreed. Carimi sucks until he proves otherwise. Holmes played like shit against Saints last week.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

You guys do realize the falcons defense is Swiss cheese right?

daiceman1982
    daiceman1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1646

So what cin ml player

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Agreed. Carimi sucks until he proves otherwise. Holmes played like shit against Saints last week.
    Where are you getting your information from? Carimi played really well last week, specifically held up relatively well in pass protection. I understand he underachieved in Chicago but for one week at least he played well...and at left tackle. On running plays he was crushing Saints LBs down field. Ask Curtis Lofton. Holmes was also serviceable and got the best of Cam Jordan most of the day. It was a huge surprise to me as Holmes was a turnstile last year. Even on blitzes, Ryan was barely touched.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Ugly gm I'm not sold on Atl being "back" to good ....which was never really that good honestly in my opinion even before last year. Just hard for me to back soft dome teams on road vs smash mouth squads but being early in year and weather still good does help. Cincy looks great of paper with all those offensive weapons but by no means a high scoring powerhouse on offense. They simply underachieve and don't live up to hype. Think Cincy uses a heavy dose of ground gm in this one trying to keep Matty Ice and that Falc#nt offense on sidelines. Bungles 24-17 type gm I think

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Ugly gm I'm not sold on Atl being "back" to good ....which was never really that good honestly in my opinion even before last year. Just hard for me to back soft dome teams on road vs smash mouth squads but being early in year and weather still good does help. Cincy looks great of paper with all those offensive weapons but by no means a high scoring powerhouse on offense. They simply underachieve and don't live up to hype. Think Cincy uses a heavy dose of ground gm in this one trying to keep Matty Ice and that Falc#nt offense on sidelines. Bungles 24-17 type gm I think
    Since 2008:

2008 - 11-5
    2009 - 9-7
    2010 - 13-3
    2011 - 10-6
    2012 - 13-3
    2013 - 4-12
    2014 - ?

Never really good before last year? 5x Winning seasons and winning records in 6 years. How about 13-3? Beat Seattle in the playoffs and 10 yards away from the Superbowl?

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Fading the public doesn't always work, or else we'd all do it.... every week. Last week fading worked. Which usually means the next week. ...... public feast. It began with Detroit Monday.
    Wouldn't you be the public then?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    The outside threat is opening things up inside. People were laughing last week when I said that nobody can cover Hester in the slot, then he goes out and catches 5 for 99 (targeted 7x) yards and Ryan missed him on a crosser that could have went for 30+. Douglas is getting one on one's also while Julio gets doubled.
    i gotta say you were right bout that (for a week anyway), im still skeptical since he has never been that big a weapon on the offensive side but he looked good.. even with the oline problems i dont think it the end all be all cause when atl spread you out with 4 wide matty ice has the ability to pick you apart before the pressure can get there..

12 Last