Tobit
    Tobit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Eagles/Steelers Over 50

This one seems too easy. The eagles hurry up and high scorring O and their horrendous D. I don't think oddmakers have truly adjusted to how Chip's style of play inflates the score yet, preseason or not.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    This one seems too easy. The eagles hurry up and high scorring O and their horrendous D. I don't think oddmakers have truly adjusted to how Chip's style of play inflates the score yet, preseason or not.
    Under 50 brother.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Under, way under

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

I really like this under. I see a 25-24 type game.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Line has moved in favor of the over.....does seem high considering the avg preseason scores. Would like to hear why the unders think that under is the play.

Tobit
    Tobit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

The eagles last 2 preseason games have been between 60-70 points. I know the steelers have a decent D, but I can't even imagine how the under would seem like a good play at all.

For me, it is the over or no play on it.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

50 is a huge number. PIT isn't anything near NE or CHI offensively, especially if their top 2 RBs are out.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    50 is a huge number. PIT isn't anything near NE or CHI offensively, especially if their top 2 RBs are out.
    Yes sir you make a great point there. Why is everyone on Pittsburgh +3.5 for the game then?

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    The eagles last 2 preseason games have been between 60-70 points. I know the steelers have a decent D, but I can't even imagine how the under would seem like a good play at all.

For me, it is the over or no play on it.
    Coach Kelly's team can score in a hurry. We know that. They already have in their first 2 preseason games, putting up 28 and 35 points. The problem for Coach Kelly is he ain't gonna hang around this league very long if he doesn't figure out some semblance of a defense, having given up 34 and 42 in the first 2 x-games. It's time to toughen up the defense a bit. There's gotta be some guys on the Eagle defense who are worried about making this team. I look for them to concentrate on the stop unit a bit more tonight. As for Pitt, their top 2 RBs got busted for weed yesterday and will no doubt sit out. Lower scoring game than one would think. UNDER

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

LeGarrette Blount - RB - Steelers

Coach Mike Tomlin plans to play both Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount in Thursday's preseason game against the Eagles.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...arrette-blount

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Coach Kelly's team can score in a hurry. We know that. They already have in their first 2 preseason games, putting up 28 and 35 points. The problem for Coach Kelly is he ain't gonna hang around this league very long if he doesn't figure out some semblance of a defense, having given up 34 and 42 in the first 2 x-games. It's time to toughen up the defense a bit. There's gotta be some guys on the Eagle defense who are worried about making this team. I look for them to concentrate on the stop unit a bit more tonight. As for Pitt, their top 2 RBs got busted for weed yesterday and will no doubt sit out. Lower scoring game than one would think. UNDER
    Yeah, of course that they would like to be better on defense, but that will not be enough to shut down the Steelers in this game. Let's look at some facts here. Kelly said that LB DeMeco Ryans will not play too much here, because he is very important for them on that side of the ball and they cannot afford to lose him in the preseason game, because of the injury. That statment tells me a lot. If they would try to build momentum on defense, just before the start of regular season, they would play Ryans, as long as the other starters. And it doesn't sound that they will.
    Second thing. One of their biggest problems is lack of pass rush up front. Pitt's O-line protected Roethlisberger pretty well against stud D-line from Buffalo, so I don't think they will have problems aginst Philly. And if you give time to Big Ben and let him to extend the play, he will find a receiver.
    Third fact. Both teams are going up tempo. Pitt was very effective with their no huddle last week and they want to take another look at it this week. I don't even have to talk about Philly's pace. It's pretty crazy. And Foles will have his best weapons on offense, because they all recoverd from injuries.

All that being said, I am leaning towards over. But that is one big ass line for preseason game, to tell you the truth. It might come down to how long the starters will stay in the game. If they are out at halftime, then it might stay under, becuase backups will not run that same tempo on the offense, plus, Pitt has some poor backups at QB, behind Big Ben. If they will play well into the third, then possibility to go over increases.

Maybe the best thing to do here, is to go over in the first half. I think we will see a lot of scoring with the starters in the game. Pitt having a slight edge in that period and maybe a small lead at halftime. Then, with the backups in the game, Philly should come from behind and take it, because Sanchez looked pretty decent so far in this system.