Jayvee
    Jayvee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards/Niners Over 45

Newbie here, but have been reading the boards for awhile.

The niners are 27th in pass defense and the Cards at 29.

On the Niners defense the most important factor is the absence of CB Nate Clements and the lack of a dominant pass rush. Although Nate is having a bad year he is always money against Cardinal receivers and plays his best when matched up with Fitzgerald. Some may say Shwantae Spencer will fill in nicely at CB because he came from the same school as Larry and went up against him at practice every time, but I don't think it's the same. In addition, the safety positions are bad.

Frank Gore is no longer a running force, although comfortable catching, with the terrible offensive line of the niners. This is one of the reasons they switched to a spread along with the strengths of Smith. The Cards say they will target Gore but I don't buy it, they will be gunning for Alex Smith who threw for over 300+ yards last week against the seahawks who have a slightly better pass defense than the cards. The last time these two played the niners won 20-16 but they were a different team, a smash mouth clock eating running team. Look for the niners to utilize Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker, arguably the two fastest tight ends in the league, along with the budding chemistry of Smith and Crabtree.

I see this as a shootout with both teams being stout against the run.

dxguy2001
    dxguy2001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be careful, Arizona was able to shut down one of the league's best passing teams last week. The defense is improving every game!! I'm sure AZ is going to score but I'm kind of worried about the 49ers scoring anything. I keep thinking about the last "have to have" game the 49ers played against the Bears and what was the final? I think like 10-6 or something like that. Personally this game seems like one everyone should stay away from. However I think the best bet would be AZ- 3 1/2

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Precieved 'shootouts'' often go under!! Iam on the under, good luck to you and welcome

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Tease Arizona +3, Under 52...I think this is very likely.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

do you really trust sf to hold up there end of the deal to make this a shootout? dont read alot into arz pass defense rank they have a incredibly talented secondary there problems are much more because lack of pass rush and that has been improving as of late. the fact that sf been running that shotgun spread bs lately should help arz pin there ears back and alex smith is not the guy i wanna trust a over to

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    Tease Arizona +3, Under 52...I think this is very likely.
    Is this really a good spot to tease the favorite, most teasers count as losses on pushes, and don't like the +3 with the Cards. It would be different if it was 3.5 but not 3. Just my opinion.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Go under..............................

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Bank who do you like for the side

2daBank

cant go against arz in this spot even though it is public as hell. already got it at -3(bought hook)

2daBank

total wise my favorite play is sf team total und 21. thinking about parleying this with arz as if sf scores more than 21 the cover could be in trouble anyway

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL on over!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Is this really a good spot to tease the favorite, most teasers count as losses on pushes, and don't like the +3 with the Cards. It would be different if it was 3.5 but not 3. Just my opinion.
    pretty sure this tease a push wouldnt be a loss just a push

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I'm on it!

andrewaxia
    andrewaxia's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st quarter under 7.5

profitmker
    profitmker's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers stun cards tonight... big!!

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Over

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

its gonna go over and the niners are going to surprise here tonight...sorry guys

Jayvee
    Jayvee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like I lost this one but there's one thing I felt strongly about, the cards were not going to cover -3 and especially what my book had at -4.5. I watch a lot of NFC west games and you can always expect the unexpected when these two teams meet. Maybe I should have teased it, but I'm still learning. Congrats to everyone on the niners or/and the under.

I had someone say the Cards were a great road team, therefore they will win the game. While digging up research for the game I came across an interesting stat pulled from 49erswebzone.com from a poster Josecortez:

"The Cardinals have had an extremely easy away schedule, and have had a more difficult home schedule:

Cardinals opponent's win/loss record (away) - 31-47
    Cardinal's opponent's win/loss record (home) - 45-32

The niners have had the complete opposite:

49ers opponent's win/loss record (away) - 53-24
    49ers opponent's win/loss record (home) - 30-47

The Cardinals have had an easy time on the road, and have had their more difficult opponents at home (Colts, Vikings) while the 49ers have had to go on the road to play their more difficult opponents (Colts, Vikings, Packers)."