R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

How adorable Seahag fans!

Talk about a never been there .... Never done that moment. A couple Seattle fans want a statue built to commemorate the moment Sherman broke up the td pass to Crabtree. You can tell which organizations and fanbases are getting their first taste of ultimate success. Truly a great moment but probably not even top 20 in Nfl postseason history. You think teams like Frisco, Pitt, Oakland, Dallas would honor such moments in this regard? Mothafukka pleeeese!! Come take a look at our trophy cases with the multitude of div, conf titles and SB trophys. And in the next hall that stretches a mile long are our hof's and great postseason moments. We only build statues tho for the truly LONG TERM legends.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

PIT? OAK? DAL? Those fans would give their left nut to have what SEA has right now, they only have memories.

SF coasted for decades on "the catch" that sprung their dynasty.

I'm not big on fandom, but don't act like those other franchises have some higher ground, it's all equally absurd.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Huh?? I just think there are those teams who have enjoyed more success who have a richer history and built a better brand while sustaining it for decades. Seattle is amazing right now and much respect for what they have done. However if they just get the one SB here and have a nice 6/7 year run they are essentially the Tampa Bucs. The Dallas Mavs for instance have one lonely title but you don't think they would trade places with the Celts? Another I loved was the Longhorns who don't have much to hang there hat on hoops wise retiring Durants #. He was a one and done, never won a national championship or even appeared in a final 4. You think Parker or Wiggins will be hanging in Duke or KU's hallowed rafters? I fukking doubt it!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

First off, let's stick to the NFL. I see no crossover comparing hoops and football franchises, totally different sports.

Next, I want to reiterate that OAK and DAL have nothing to hold their heads high about anymore. WAS is another one.

PIT will be fine, going through a road bump sorta rebuilding and cap purging, maybe get another run before Ben retires.

SF has righted their ship, they were a bad team for about a decade, but now wear the stigma of being "second best".

The SEA fan thing might be a bit of gamesmanship, rubbing salt in the SF wounds, reminding them of their place.