Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Week 14 picks and thoughts

After a stellar week 13, not much appeals this week. Here are the five, all smallish bets:

Buffalo @ Kansas City
    Both teams "are what they are" according to my figures, so the Chiefs are a true 3-9 team and have been outscored by 130 points. The Bills are a 4-8 team but outscored by only 62. While these are two of the worst offenses in the league, frankly the Chiefs are rubbish all round. Buffalo at least bring a strength to the table in defensive passer rating (although I'm cautious with this stat, based on the dearth of quality QBs they've faced) and can exert some pressure on the passer. Irritatingly, the line and price have moved against me, but I can't resist the opportunity to hopefully make some more money from KC's ineptitude.
    Mystic Limey forsees: BUF 23 - 16 KC
    5 units on BILLS ML @ 1.83

GREEN BAY @ CHICAGO
    My arcane equations tell me that these teams are neither under nor over-rated. They are who we think they are, namely an 8-4 team fighting for the playoffs and a 5-7 team fighting to look even respectable. The Packers do absolutely everything better than the Bears, with the exception of preventing sacks and the kicking game. However, they've taken recent strides in keeping Rodgers perpendicular, and if you want to back the Bears in the hope that they score on kick returns then you're a more optimistic man than I.
    Mystic Limey forsees: GB 27 - 13 CHI
    5 units on PACKERS -4

NEW ORLEANS @ ATLANTA
    The Falcons look like cannon-fodder here. It feels like grasping at straws to suggest that the Saints can't keep scoring at the rate they have done thus far, or to wonder if they can keep up the intense effort they've had to put out for a number of weeks now in chasing the (pointless) perfect record. Atlanta aren't very good - as I suggested many weeks ago when they were sitting at 4-1. Given the Falcons' array of weaknesses, I can't resist getting on the Saints bandwagon for the first time, despite their recent tendency to start up slower than a 1950s television set.
    Mystic Limey forsees: NO 37 - 17 ATL
    3 units on SAINTS -10

WASHINGTON @ OAKLAND
    These teams match up pretty closely, but Oakland don't have to travel three thousand miles for the game just before two pride-salvaging divisional games. I have to take the Raiders, improved behind the new QB, as the Skins head west off a heart-breaking and intense defeat.
    Mystic Limey forsees: WAS 17 - 24 OAK
    5 units on RAIDERS +1

SAN DIEGO @ DALLAS
    This game is important to both teams, but you'd have to edge motivation to the Cowboys, as San Diego have the tie-breaker nicely sewn up in the West and a safer spot in the less competitive AFC wildcard hunt.

San Diego have the worst running offense in the league and don't stop the run especially well which plays into the Cowboys' hands - hands that carry the ball for five yards per carry. On the other side of the ball, Dallas aren't great in pass coverage but they do get pressure (as 27 sacks will testify). And while the Chargers fare a little better in defensive passer rating, bear in mind they've had the fortune to face JaMarcus Russell twice, the Chiefs' pitiful passing game twice, and the Cleveland Browns. That's five games against the three least effective passing teams in the entire NFL.

It's a slight worry that the Cowboys had an NFC East road battle last week while the Chargers coasted in Cleveland, but with San Diego hitting the road for a second consecutive week I take the home team here with their better-balanced team and slightly greater need for the 'W'.
    Mystic Limey forsees: SD 17 - 28 DAL
    5 units on COWBOYS -3

Comments welcome.....

twentyonekid
    twentyonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like DALLAS,OAKLAND,AND GREEN BAY myself.......as being a die hard CHIEFS fan ill be rooting for them as i do every week,no comment on the SAINTS,but i hope they keep winning and go undefeated

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Like the picks, but I'm cautious as to KC. This is a good revenge game for KC vs. the Bills - I don't find either team impressive either, and I do agree with your thoughts that both teams are "what we thought they are."
    Any thoughts on 49ers +3.5/+4ish vs. Cardinals?

Also - I noticed you didn't have any over/under picks. Nothing worth mentioning? Just curious. Thanks and GL today.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey Limey

I like your Dallas but for some ungodly reason i like chicago not saying that I'm making a play on the bears
    but something smells with this one as far as your other picks I did not look at those games

Good luck

balman
    balman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1451

I like your picks...saints, cowboys and packers.. i'm also taking colts, vikes n giants.. i try to stay away from bad teams so no plays on Bills KC or Skins Raiders for me

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

dont 4get cowboys are coming off a huge div game which they lost,even if they won,playing a team off a div rival isnt a good play in my opinion,gates will have a huge game vs dal secondary,lt will get some decent yardage(50yds),and rivers will light up the 60 million dollar scoreboard in big d

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Poor weekend for me and first losing week in a long time. Luckily it was only just under 5 units lost on 23 staked, with the Saints being a very small play.

Onwards and upwards....

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    poor weekend for me and first losing week in a long time. Luckily it was only just under 5 units lost on 23 staked, with the saints being a very small play. Onwards and upwards....
    actually that ain't bad could have been a lot worse

you will getem today limey
    goodluck i mean plays
    paulypoker