Kek13
    Kek13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Underrated nfl teams to watch

I want to see what people think these are a couple of teams I feel will be undervalued tell me what you think, obviously my write ups on these teams are just quick observations if you want to get into detail on a team I'm more than willing

Titans: average football team but weak division could win 9-10 games. Go through the schedule an it's manageable

Miami: very good defense, just need to find a replacement for wheeler at OLB, if tannehill takes the next step an James is a adequate RT this 8-8 football team from a year ago could win 10-11 games an the perception of this team is a mess which should allow better lines

Steelers: the perception is there def is old an slow but they have a lot of younger talent, Ike Taylor still is awful but the biggest thing is a much improved oline and a offense that should be better this year.

Lions: secondary could be a issue still but the signing of ihedigbo should help the loss of delmas, both good run stoppers so so in coverage. Defense has underperformed but the offense should be a lot better golden rate is a good 2nd we an oline is going to be above average. Can stafford take the next step is the question as well.

Vikings: if bridge water is nfl ready like they say then this team could be dangerous, captain munnerlyn was a under the radar signing very good corner to pair with Rhodes, good oline, dangerous wr in Patterson an te Kyle Rudolph. Linebackers still weak.

Cowboys: romo comes back healthy this off will explode if Garrett learns to lean on the run, could use another wr. Hopefully they try an get Escobar involved more. Def still is a big if but I do like how they added more dline depth. Need to find a replacement for Hayden, def can be passable this year if lee stays healthy an Melton plays like he did in 2012

Bills: defense is awesome I don't care they loss Byrd, Williams is a fine Safety, the question is offense Hairston is a if at RT as well Kouandijo as well the lg Chris Williams. EJ Manuel plays some what coherent this team is good. Chandler woods Watkins Williams should be a good enough receiving core to succeed with.

Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bills, Cardinals and Vikings will all challenge for playoff spots this season.

Kek13

I like the cardinals but the RT an RG are big holes as well as a average C if they could get some consistency on that aside of the ball the front 7 of sf an sea wouldn't be such a advantage for them but there Def is also a little weaker this year in my eyes weak at olb an ilb, also questions at Safety an 2nd cb spot because of Mathieu an Cromartie. Going through there schedule I see them winning 9-10 but I dont think there being underrated

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Titans: Their biggest advantage is that they will fly under the radar in a weak division. They may make it to the playoffs as a one and done team.

Miami: Their offense is so bad that it overshadows a good defense.

Steelers: They stil should be able to get another year or two out of their old players, but the are going to have to get the ball in the end zone.

Lions: Their defense is a disaster waiting to happen. Suh is still a cancer in the locker room. Stafford is not as good as everyone thinks. They will battle Minny for 3rd in the Division.

Vikings: Everyone thinks that Bridgewater is NFL ready. Good luck with that. He should not even start. The vikings stil have way too many holes on defense to be taken seriously as a possible playoff team. They will not leapfrog Chicago and Green Bay.

Cowboys: It's the same ol crap in Dallas. The Cowbows are an 8-8 team. Their defense is not good at all and their offense is very spotty. The schedule kills them.

Bills: Another team that says the same old caca before the year starts, only to fail miserably during the season. The Bills are still miles behond the Pats. They, like the other three pretenders in the AFC East, simply fo not have enough talent to win a playoff spot.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 05-19-14 at 05:09 PM.

Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Bills: Another team that says the same old caca before the year starts, only to fail miserably during the season. The Bills are still miles behond the Pats. They, like the other three pretenders in the AFC East, simply fo not have enough talent to win a playoff spot.
    Please explain to me, in detail, how the Bills are "Miles behind the Patriots". The only advantage I see, albeit a large one because I think he's the best of all-time, is the obvious Brady one. But he's not getting any younger and I think EJ is going to surprise some people. I could argue that the Bills are better at every single other position group outside of tight end.

It's a similar story in Minnesota. Another team with a ton of talent and a young quarterback. If quarterbacks like Manuel and Bridgewater surprise people this season, these are playoff teams. Much crazier things have happened.

Kek13

Miamis offense should be a lot better this year they have completely overhauled the oline an if it is a top half offense it's a 10 win team.

Dallas: tony romo stays healthy they win the div, this team has no holes on offense at all, def still questionable

Bills: they were playing with Thad Lewis at QB last year if they get adequate play they win 8-9 games

Vikings: this is just another team that can outperform there expected total I'm not saying a playoff bid just 7-8 wins very manageable

Lions: stafford is overrated but he's still a top 15 QB an with golden Tate an improved oline with a def that plays to there potential there a lot better than 6 wins

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You guys make it sound as if a "Top 15" QB is good. It is NOT. You are saying that half the teams in the NFL have good QB's, and they do not. In no paticular order, Brady, Luck, and Brees are the only three proven RELIABLE week-in and week-out QB's. Kaepernick, E. Manning, Rivers, Bradford, Big Ben, and Romo simply do not do it week after week. Payton is on his very last leg. One hit and he is finished. Wilson is young. Let's see another season with the pressure on him. The rest are worthless.

Buffalo fan, you have NO offense. Your defense is not exactly great either. In the games that counted for them (1-10) they went 3-7, gave up an average of 26 ppg, while scoring just 20 ppg. There is no way that they can improve enough to actually threaten the Pats. They will probably go 4-4 before their bye. Then they get to finish at Denver, at Oakland, at New England with a home game thrown in against Green Bay. Can you say 0-4? This team has won 9 away games in 5 years. Dream on.

Kek13

A top 15-20 QB means you have someone that can win a game for you an can make the throws necessary to win, like a flacco. its A qb that should actually be in the nfl, Like a palmer if arz has rodgers there 13 wins if arz has gabbert 6 wins. A guy like romo an stafford can win games for you, although I don't think romo an stafford are on same level romo is better. Guys like gabbert henne weeden ponder g smith cassell to a extent Schaub now Kyle Orton Vick kellen Clemons hoyer Thad Lewis are qbs that started last year that should not be starting qbs in the nfl.

Kek13

The buffalo defense is very good three good corners an strong front 7 the problem with buf was QB play, just look at the tb game 4 interceptions thrown allowed 90 Yds to glennon if Manuel is some what adequate buf wins 8-9 games. There oline should be better an maybe spiller can learn to run through holes.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You guys make it sound as if a "Top 15" QB is good. It is NOT. You are saying that half the teams in the NFL have good QB's, and they do not. In no paticular order, Brady, Luck, and Brees are the only three proven RELIABLE week-in and week-out QB's. Kaepernick, E. Manning, Rivers, Bradford, Big Ben, and Romo simply do not do it week after week. Payton is on his very last leg. One hit and he is finished. Wilson is young. Let's see another season with the pressure on him. The rest are worthless.

Buffalo fan, you have NO offense. Your defense is not exactly great either. In the games that counted for them (1-10) they went 3-7, gave up an average of 26 ppg, while scoring just 20 ppg. There is no way that they can improve enough to actually threaten the Pats. They will probably go 4-4 before their bye. Then they get to finish at Denver, at Oakland, at New England with a home game thrown in against Green Bay. Can you say 0-4? This team has won 9 away games in 5 years. Dream on.
    No Rodgers?