Betpoints: 56

Thoughts on this teaser? +325

+7 points for +325

New Orleans Saints +15

Indianapolis Colts +14½

San Diego Chargers +16

Under 62 San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos

Over 46 Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots

Does this look like a pretty good bet? Anything you would swap out or remove?

EDIT (UPDATED:
    +7, +325
    San Diego Chargers +16

Seattle Seahawks -1

Indianapolis Colts +14½

San Francisco 49ers vs. Carolina Panthers UNDER 49

Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots OVER 45½

I'm a little irritated Bovada is offering +9 for the chargers game right now, but besides that, this seems like a pretty promising teaser.
    Last edited by Enifrica; 01-09-14 at 09:39 AM.

DoubleR90
    DoubleR90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

I would swap New Orleans and take the teased down Seattle side....New Orleans' loss by 27 points to Seattle 4 weeks ago proves a blowout is at least possible even though unlikely in the playoffs. And why is San Diego +16 if you got 7 points in a teaser? The line at every book I see is either SD +10 or +10.5 which should make that SD +17 or 17.5 in your teaser. SD +16 is a square number, definitely get that to 17. Otherwise I like everything else

EDIT: I also might swap the Under in the Broncos/Chargers game for the Under in the San Fran/Carolina game depending on the weather at mile high stadium before kick off.
    Last edited by DoubleR90; 01-08-14 at 08:23 PM.

Enifrica
    Enifrica's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, looking at it again I'm definitely going to take the Seattle side bet rather than the NO one, it seems much safer. For some reason the book I was looking at is offering +9 for that game, so that's why it's at +16 with the teaser... Maybe I should check some other books.

I really don't know how confident I feel about the Patriots/Colts play though... I might almost feel more comfortable doing -2 Patriots and betting on them not taking a loss. I almost want to remove that game and do a safer +260 play on this one

(+6 points, 2.6x PAYOUT)
    San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos UNDER 61
    San Diego Chargers +15
    Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots OVER 46½
    Seattle Seahawks -2

Enifrica

What makes me weary about the San Fran/Carolina under is San Fran's ability to pull bigger numbers... Sure, Carolina has a pretty impressive defense, but it could definitely ruin an otherwise solid teaser.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Safer to tease Seattle down than New Orleans up.

Also unsure about Chargers/Broncos Under 62 - if final score is like 33-30 you lose and this type of high score is very possible.

Also consider teasing Panthers up - they are fantastic at home on defense and this is likely going to be a modest-scoring game. If 49ers take control they may do something like nurture a 3 point lead or something to that effect as this is their style. They are a very controlled offense not interested in blowouts so much as simple game management to ensure a win.

Enifrica

I would OVER 49 the broncos/chargers game, but their last two times playing each other have been UNDER that... If I was patching together a larger teaser I may throw in the panthers game, but the possibility for a 9 point tie is there and I'd rather keep the other options in.

Enifrica

Would anyone feel more comfortable betting on colts +14 1/2 opposed to broncos/chargers under 61?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Yuck on every leg of this teaser. I'd rather get +2350 with IND+7,NO+8,SD+9,IND/NEo52,SD/DENu54.

Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Be careful. This round of the playoffs is historically the least competitive. You'll usually get at least 1 or 2 major blowouts that will ruin your teaser.

Enifrica

Just that confident they're already a lock at that spread, or you think it's too unpredictable to tell and you'd rather have the much larger payout if you were betting?

I may go with a smaller teaser with better odd on this first round like Starion suggested, just because it's hard to tell exactly what's going to happen. Any thoughts on the safest teased options here?

Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

The one leg of your proposed teaser that I could see going seriously wrong is Indianapolis. If Alex Smith can put up 40+ on that defense, I don't see them slowing down Brady.

Enifrica

Yeah, that's a riskier one... I could also ramp up the odds with minus money on something like this, but I can't decide how ballsy I want to be. Only problem is that I don't feel like I need a full 13 points for a good bet, and 10 wouldn't be an option either.

+13, -120
    San Diego Chargers +22
    Seattle Seahawks +5
    Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots OVER 39½
    San Francisco 49ers vs. Carolina Panthers UNDER 55

slacker00

If you are looking for a 5 team teaser, here's one I like better and pays +440:

Sea -2, NE -1, SF +6, NO/SEA o40, SF/CAR u48

DoubleR90
    DoubleR90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    If you are looking for a 5 team teaser, here's one I like better and pays +440:

Sea -2, NE -1, SF +6, NO/SEA o40, SF/CAR u48
    Sf+6 could definitely ruin that for you. No/sea over also not too comfortable with. Id swap that over for ind/ne over any day. We already know what seattles defense is capable of and new orleans defense might show up and keep this game slow paced. Last game went to 41 and new orleans defense was practically non existant in that game

Enifrica

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR90 View Post
    Sf+6 could definitely ruin that for you. No/sea over also not too comfortable with. Id swap that over for ind/ne over any day. We already know what seattles defense is capable of and new orleans defense might show up and keep this game slow paced. Last game went to 41 and new orleans defense was practically non existant in that game
    I agree with you on that. I may put a unit or two in this teaser with the chargers rather than SF at +6 with the NE over as well.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR90 View Post
    I see your point. I was just trying to manufacture a 5 teamer that I like better, just offering food for thought. I'm not crazy about teasing totals under any conditions. Same with SF+6, I'd rather cross the 7 and would only use it as a teaser filler if I needed it. Good observations tho.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I would definately tease Seattle down. The Saints defeated a Philly team with a HC who does not know what the word "defense" means. That is NOT the case in Seattle. The Pats-Colts over and the 49ers-Panthers under look pretty solid. As faqr as the Broncos-chargers are concerned, anything can happen in that game. There is no safe play.

Enifrica

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I would definately tease Seattle down. The Saints defeated a Philly team with a HC who does not know what the word "defense" means. That is NOT the case in Seattle. The Pats-Colts over and the 49ers-Panthers under look pretty solid. As faqr as the Broncos-chargers are concerned, anything can happen in that game. There is no safe play.
    That's probably true... I just don't see the chargers getting blown out by more than two touchdowns. What are your thoughts on teasing the patriots down?