jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mina Brees died of drug overdose Can impact the game

GRANBY, Colo. -- The death of the mother of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has been ruled a suicide.

Brees

Mina Brees, an attorney from Austin, Texas, died Aug. 7 while visiting Colorado. Grand County coroner Brenda Bock concluded this week that the 59-year-old Brees died of a prescription drug overdose and ruled the death a suicide.
    Bock said Brees died while staying at the home of a friend in Granby near Rocky Mountain National Park.
    It took longer than three months for autopsy results to be released, but Bock said that's typical for cases involving toxicology tests.
    The Austin American Statesman reported that three days before Brees died, the Texas attorney general's office subpoenaed her business records.
    She had allegedly sent letters to some restaurants in Austin and Houston stating that they had lost their rights to use their names to a company she represented, Chicksports, but they could win the rights back by paying up to $25,000. She was also the president of Chicksports but that wasn't mentioned in the letter.
    Relations between Drew Brees and his mother were strained at times and the quarterback asked her to stop using his picture in TV commercials touting her candidacy for a Texas appeals court seat in 2006.
    Mina Brees said she had not anticipated upsetting her son and sent out replacement commercials omitting mention of him.
    At the time, Drew Brees called his relationship with his mother "nonexistent," saying it crumbled six years earlier when he refused to hire her as his agent.
    Austin attorney Marty Akins, the brother of Mina Brees, declined comment late Friday.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

3 months for autopsy results to be released in cases involving toxicology reports is the average, didn't know it took that long, thought it was days.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Drew Brees has probably known this for a while. This happened a long time ago and has no impact on the game.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

The thing that will have an impact on the game, is that the Saints won't play well in every game this yr. 11 points or so is too many pts on the road against an improving Buccaneers squad.

mavfd57
    mavfd57's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    The thing that will have an impact on the game, is that the Saints won't play well in every game this yr. 11 points or so is too many pts on the road against an improving Buccaneers squad.

Bump!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

you are ruthless

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTF? One of the worst posts in history of SBR. Leave this shit alone.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

This will definately impact the game. Instead of the Saints winning by 11 they win by 28!

Drew Brees has already laid his mother to rest, leave it alone.

BrownTown
    BrownTown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

SBR, is there a way to kick this idiot off the site? No place for this shit, moron.

Hey Jersey, you should be thankful that you're such a meaningless individual and nobody would give a shit if something horrible happened to your family. If it did, don't think you would like some asshole posting angles based on the death of a family member on a website. You're worse than dogshit ... and a Steelers fan for a kicker.

**** you

jerseykingpin

Quote Originally Posted by browntown View Post
    sbr, is there a way to kick this idiot off the site? No place for this shit, moron.

Hey jersey, you should be thankful that you're such a meaningless individual and nobody would give a shit if something horrible happened to your family. If it did, don't think you would like some asshole posting angles based on the death of a family member on a website. You're worse than dogshit ... And a steelers fan for a kicker.

**** you
    i didnt write the story asshole and if you are taking the saints and he has a bad game yes i think that ppl should know about this and this comming from a browns fan omg i would post news on them but the only news is that they suck i WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE STARTERS LIKE IF HE ATE PEANUTS LASTNITE DO TO HE MIGHT NOT BEABLE TO SCRAMBLE DO TO HIS ASS MIGHT BE HURTING AND STAND IN THE POCKET AND TAKE A SACK BUT ONLY REAL GAMBLERS WANT TO KNOW THE INSIDE OF HIS MIND NOT A GUY WHO BETS A $1 ON A GAME
    Last edited by jerseykingpin; 11-22-09 at 06:37 AM.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Jersey for the heads up

KingCrimson21
    KingCrimson21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
    SBR, is there a way to kick this idiot off the site? No place for this shit, moron.

Hey Jersey, you should be thankful that you're such a meaningless individual and nobody would give a shit if something horrible happened to your family. If it did, don't think you would like some asshole posting angles based on the death of a family member on a website. You're worse than dogshit ... and a Steelers fan for a kicker.

**** you
    Damn talk about over - reacting, and then lowering yourself enough to write that. Fukking nasty, sad.

Lost Angel
    Lost Angel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson21 View Post
    Damn talk about over - reacting
    No shit huh? Spirituality is dead and mankind is swirling the drain yet you guys blow a gasket over the posting of an article??

referencing a situation that could have an an emotional impact on a key player for a DD road fave?!?

Revelation that it was suicide could very well have an effect on Brees, strained relation with his Mom or not.

I doubt it though as this was likely something he knew and came to terms with, as much as possible that is already.

I see nothing inappropriate about the posting of this information.

ExposingLines247
    ExposingLines247's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6310

you ****ing morons this happened months ago

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

jerseykingpin

Quote Originally Posted by ExposingLines247 View Post
    you ****ing morons this happened months ago
    O did it well I guess espn fox and all the other sports shows and sites just heard about it then YO)U ****EN MORON

KingCrimson21

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykingpin View Post
    O did it well I guess espn fox and all the other sports shows and sites just heard about it then YO)U ****EN MORON
    Who the hell is that puke calling a moron anyway?

ExposingLines247
    ExposingLines247's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6310

she died in august its now november back to gambling talk, worst thread ive ever seen

jerseykingpin

Who the hell is that puke calling a moron anyway?
    one of these so call gamblers that cant read a news paper or look at a sports website its still all over them

KingCrimson21

Quote Originally Posted by ExposingLines247 View Post
    she died in august its now november back to gambling talk, worst thread ive ever seen
    There is a new worst thread you have ever seen EVERY week here, for all of us. Just the way that it is. Any other obvious matters that you would like clarification on?

diaboliquesaint
    diaboliquesaint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

What a pathetic over reaction. I think this is a completely legitimate post with information relating directly to betting. I read a hell of a lot of posts on this forum and to call it the worst post of the week is just stupid, especially when you get people basically saying things like "This team will win because they are better...Lock". Get over your sentimental crap and read Everything you can before betting.
    Saying that, I do believe that Brees probably already knew this well before now, maybe a few more eyes on him, more pressure etc but nothing major. I'm still staying well away from it though. Could go either way.
    Thanks for the info JKP

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

This is just an autopsy that confirms what they originally believed. Drew Brees knew she committed suicide a few days after it happened. How do I know? I had something similar happen to me a year and a half ago...although thankfully it wasn't my mother. The police told everyone the person was close to what they believed happened the day after it did. The reports that came in a month later only confirmed it.

You want a reason to bet the Bucs, how about the fact that they look a heck of a lot better with Freeman at Qb and that the Saints are all sorts of banged up. The original poster was just posting information he believed to be relevant...nothing wrong with that. The majority of the over reaction came from the replies. This is a sports site where people are encourage to post up to date, inside, or relevant information. As it turns out...Drew Brees already knows about this and has moved on.

Now lets all move on and let this thread move on down the message board.

BrownTown

You idiots are all ****ing scabs ... Karma is a mutha****a

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

On another site I use to post on, there was an entire article on this same perspective, handicapping tragedy or something like that was the title, it was an interesting read to say the least.

I would rather sit this one out and miss a payday than take advantage of these situations, that's just me though.

KingCrimson21

Given further consideration, I guess not much should be expected from a member whose screen name is a reference to gay sex. BrownTown, I am sorry, but that is gay.

BrownTown

Given further consideration, I guess not much should be expected from a member whose screen name is a reference to gay sex. BrownTown, I am sorry, but that is gay.
    It's the Browns you ****ing pussy Canadian ... get the **** outta here.