BigBobby
    BigBobby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Titans/Texans ML +190

With the way the Titans have been playing now that VY starting, I'm thinking about taking this. I know it's risky, but it seems like that is a completely different team now on both sides of the ball. Thoughts?

BigBobby

Anyone? Just hoping to get some other people's opinions...

ezeblazin
    ezeblazin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Very risky... The Titans D is what worries me. They have played subpar QBs the last 3 weeks and have not played very well. So a good QB could cause problems.

On the other hand, CJ is unstoppable and VY has had very good(relative to what he was doing in other games) games against the Texans. Here are his stats in 3 games against them:
    Young: 87.7 QB rating 47/75 553 7.3yps 3TDs 2 ints. 16 rushes 174 11.8 2TDS

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans can stop the run. Texans are well rested. Texans are off of bye. Texans are at home. Divisional game. Texans are off of close loss against colts and are more hungry for win. Texans have explosive passing game. Texans are not shitty like the 49ers/Jags/Bills. If Titans can beat em with all the elements against them, so be it. My $ is on Texans.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with your play, no play for me, but if I had to I lean to the Texans for the reasons stated above.

Danskeren
    Danskeren's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your on the wrong side of this one. Houston is way to explosive for Titans + comming of a bye.

BigBobby

That's why I wanted to get a second opinion. I'm a VY homer so I wanted to get a few unbiased opinions. I won't be making this play. Thanks...

ezeblazin

Okay....too much Texan love in here so im gonna have to counter.

*Let's go back to week 2. The Titans should've won the game but had an extraordinary amount of blown coverages. That will not happen this time. Also, the Titans have finally started to play some man coverage and so they might leave Finnegan on AJ for the whole game. In that case there would be no way he gets over 100 yards.

*Kerry Collins was playing in week 2(do i need to explain this?)

*The Texans ability to stop the run lately is highly overrated...they've allowed 4.0 and 4.8 YPC their last 2 games against the sorry Colts and Bills run game. It is an absolute Lock that CJ will get over 100 yards against them... and he's much more involved in the passing game now too.

*As for those sorry teams the Titans have beaten... The Texans have also feasted against 49ers and Bills recently(VY actually had a better game against the Bills than Schaub did)

I really think it will come down to turnovers...the first game was +2 for the Texans.... but the Titans have not been turnin the ball over in the last 3 games.
    Points Awarded:

BigBobby gave ezeblazin 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigBobby

Okay, so what's your play? Now you have me back to considering this pick. The Titans secondary is healthy again which makes me optimistic. Would you put anything on it?

kipper32
    kipper32's Avatar Become A Pro!

it was +7 for the texans

ezeblazin

I'm going with the Titans+5... The secondary was healthy the first time they played FYI... there were just a lot of breakdowns.

They are playing much better now...but what worries me is they havent played a good QB in awhile.

Regardless, I think the Titans have a great shot at the win...but im a little unsure so that's why i took the 5 points.

birdman779
    birdman779's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 981

Quote Originally Posted by ezeblazin View Post
    I'm going with the Titans+5... The secondary was healthy the first time they played FYI... there were just a lot of breakdowns.

They are playing much better now...but what worries me is they havent played a good QB in awhile.

Regardless, I think the Titans have a great shot at the win...but im a little unsure so that's why i took the 5 points.
    titans is a trap play vegas trying to get as many as possible on the hot titans play on texans for me

ezeblazin

I dont think it's a trap at all...-4.5/5 is a good number for the Texans at home. Yahoo is showing 53-47 Titans in the pick distribution... so it seems far from a trap.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

titans ML!!!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Vince Young doesn't lose, jk.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ive been riding the VY train last 3 weeks and dont plan on stopping anytime soon> if i get burnt this week so be it...but this team is totally different w him behind center..means alot knowing u have a qb that can get u big 3rd downs and make plays when needed.. and like ive been saYing since 1st week that he was put in...ILL TAKE THE TALENTED GUY WITH SOMTHIN 2 PROVE PLAYING FOR CASH ALL DAY, REST OF YEAR AS LONG AS LINES DONT CATCH UP 2 HIM(that being lines as in spreads not da other lines vy was on for a min) all that said this 1 is scary and look like pub fallin bak in love w ten and line seems 2 be on the uptickSTILL ITS TEN+4.5 FOR ME