Joey Blaze
    Joey Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Something that kept me from sleeping last night...

So last night in the final drive of the Saints they run the ball all the way to the falcons 10 yard line and it looks as if they may possibly score a TD and cover with like 43 seconds to go in the game.. All of the sudden what felt like a "phantom holding penalty" is called against the saints.. the strange thing is the fact that there was no replay on television for the penalty and the announcers didnt even really mention it.. that holding call was the only penalty of the entire night where there was no replay.. then after the penalty the saints just knee the ball to end the game..

Very suspicious as usual.. did anyone else pick up on this or am I just being paranoid?

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

The refs sucked last night. Fortunately I had Atlanta +10.5 I bought a point for insurance. The refs were giving calls to New Orleans throughout the game. I agree it should have been replayed and this makes me wonder how much the games are rigged.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    The refs sucked last night. Fortunately I had Atlanta +10.5 I bought a point for insurance. The refs were giving calls to New Orleans throughout the game. I agree it should have been replayed and this makes me wonder how much the games are rigged.
    Don't forget about the Broncos fumble with 2 min left vs the Raiders on MNF. That allowed the Raiders to score and cover. How many millions were lost on that play? I KNEW last night that the Saints would win but the Falcons would cover. Too much money on the Saints BUT the NFL wants a big showdown next Monday against the Seahawks.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

u conspiracy theorists are hilarious. just accept the loss and move on people!!!

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

Your kidding right, saints were on the 10 with about 1:40 left and ZERO timeouts for matty ice... all brees had to do was take a knee... ball was never going in the endzone from the beginning of that drive. You shoulda just turned the game off friend. Better luck next time.

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Players don't care about spreads! Game was over why would they need to score again?

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

the saints were rushing their way into the endzone which clearly wasnt part of the script hence the holding call...notice the ref 1st said there was no foul on the play...then quickly another ref ran up and suddenly there was a holding call...that negated a pretty big run and put the saints 10 more yards back...i understand not kicking the FG and running the clock out because theyd only be up by 7 w/ the FG and the falcons could have run the ball back on the kick off but scoring a TD in that spot locks up the game anyways, theyd be up by 10 w/ very little time left, however, theyd also cover a spread that 80%+ of the public was on and you know that cant happen...very shady

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    u conspiracy theorists are hilarious. just accept the loss and move on people!!!
    I actually won last night (tease) because I knew how this was going to playout

Joey Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Blingshyne View Post
    the saints were rushing their way into the endzone which clearly wasnt part of the script hence the holding call...notice the ref 1st said there was no foul on the play...then quickly another ref ran up and suddenly there was a holding call...that negated a pretty big run and put the saints 10 more yards back...i understand not kicking the FG and running the clock out because theyd only be up by 7 w/ the FG and the falcons could have run the ball back on the kick off but scoring a TD in that spot locks up the game anyways, theyd be up by 10 w/ very little time left, however, theyd also cover a spread that 80%+ of the public was on and you know that cant happen...very shady

THANK YOU!!!

You just described my feelings exactly.. YES you would have thought the Saints would have taken a knee from the beginning of the possession but given the fact it was a division game I think the Saints wanted to add insult to injury and put one more score on the board before the end of the game. Clearly the powers that be could not allow that to happen. The saints would have scored in that possession and covered the spread that 80% of the betting public had taken had the flag not been thrown. Im glad at least one other person can see the writing on the wall..
    Last edited by Joey Blaze; 11-26-13 at 10:23 AM.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Blaze View Post
    THANK YOU!!!

You just described my feelings exactly.. YES you would have thought the Saints would have taken a knee from the beginning of the possession but given the fact it was a division game I think the Saints wanted to add insult to injury and put one more score on the board before the end of the game. Clearly the powers that be could not allow that to happen. The saints would have scored in that possession and covered the spread that 80% of the betting public had taken had the flag not been thrown. Im glad at least one other person can see the writing on the way..
    There have been a lot of suspicious games this year. I am a Patriots fan but I can name two games off the top of my head that they benefitted big time from suspicious calls. Against the Saints. The needed a miracle to win that game. The refs were sure to deliver. Against the Broncos. I am glad to see my team win but I think you would have to be blind not to see that something is just not right.

A coincidence by itself is not suspicious, but when many similar coincidences occur you must start believing there is more to the story. How many come from behind wins have we seen this year? You mean to tell me that at half time the Patriots defense figured out how to shut down the most prolific offense in the league... ...bullshit!!! This was a network fix if I ever saw one. The Patriots getting blown out by the Broncos at home does not make for good ratings. Manning vs. Brady has been a goldmine for the NFL and the TV networks. This rivalry is in its twilight. The last thing on earth they want is a lopsided game.

To understand what is happening all you have to do is think back to the WWF. Hulk Hogan would get his ass beat at the beginning of the match only to will himself back into it and win in the end. Everyone knew it was bullshit but nobody cared. The extra drama only served to boost ratings. The NFL is doing the exact same thing but expecting us to believe it is real.

There are two kinds of game fixes but the common denominator is money. Network fixes are based on storylines. They wanted the Harbaugh Bowl last year. They also wanted Ray Lewis to go out with a Superbowl ring. If you can sniff out the story line the networks are selling you can make money.

The mob fixes are more straight forward but also tougher to sniff out. If 80%+ public money is on one side beware!!! It would be interesting to track that statistic and see if you can use it to predict winning bets. I would imagine that the mafia is smarter then that and would only fix a handful thus making it next to impossible to track.

I was on this game with both a parlay and a teaser. My parlay tanked but my teaser hit. I am not crying foul. I believe firmly that there are a lot of fixed games in all major league sports. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out when they will occur. I have only been able to predict storyline fixes but I have not focused on the other kind yet.

More then likely it was rigged. The important question is could you have predicted that before the game. 80%+ public money is a good place to start but I doubt that stat alone will do it... ...too easy. With enough study of similar games patterns will emerge. Know that it happens and try to use it to your advantage.

bo281
    bo281's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1241

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Blaze View Post
    So last night in the final drive of the Saints they run the ball all the way to the falcons 10 yard line and it looks as if they may possibly score a TD and cover with like 43 seconds to go in the game.. All of the sudden what felt like a "phantom holding penalty" is called against the saints.. the strange thing is the fact that there was no replay on television for the penalty and the announcers didnt even really mention it.. that holding call was the only penalty of the entire night where there was no replay.. then after the penalty the saints just knee the ball to end the game..

Very suspicious as usual.. did anyone else pick up on this or am I just being paranoid?
    If your losing sleep over a team kneeling the ball out in field goal range you should really hang it up. Saints were the wrong/square play, get over it.

Joey Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by bo281 View Post
    If your losing sleep over a team kneeling the ball out in field goal range you should really hang it up. Saints were the wrong/square play, get over it.

who the penetrate are you pal?

kick rocks