supercam1
    supercam1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Falcons now +10 on Bovada

Is it just me, or is it crazy to see a double digit spread against these two division rivalries? Trust me, I know how horrid Atlanta is this year. I'm a die hard panthers fan and I've followed the falcons closely the first 8 weeks and I see nothing going in the right direction for this team. I've noticed certains trends in this division that scares me though. I play this game I'm either taking the UNDER or Saints minus the points.

But just remember, this is the NFL....teams don't just "give" up. And you can expect the Falcons to come out ready to play against their division rivalry at home. I see this game being close, until late 3rd quarter and Brees will start to pull away with it, just not sure if it will be over 10 points. If you can get the saints below 9, then take em. Otherwise, I'd play the UNDER 53.

Let me know what you guys think, whether you agree, or if you think the Saints can cover the -10 on the road?

My Prediction: Saints 27 - Falcons 17

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by supercam1 View Post
    Is it just me, or is it crazy to see a double digit spread against these two division rivalries? Trust me, I know how horrid Atlanta is this year. I'm a die hard panthers fan and I've followed the falcons closely the first 8 weeks and I see nothing going in the right direction for this team. I've noticed certains trends in this division that scares me though. I play this game I'm either taking the UNDER or Saints minus the points.

But just remember, this is the NFL....teams don't just "give" up. And you can expect the Falcons to come out ready to play against their division rivalry at home. I see this game being close, until late 3rd quarter and Brees will start to pull away with it, just not sure if it will be over 10 points. If you can get the saints below 9, then take em. Otherwise, I'd play the UNDER 53.

Let me know what you guys think, whether you agree, or if you think the Saints can cover the -10 on the road?

My Prediction: Saints 27 - Falcons 17

Well, if that sore were accurate, you would have your under, but a push..

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

no way i give 10 pts. here in wk.1 falcons only lost by 6 in n.o. atl. will rise up here trust me

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Atlanta will lose by 20+

supercam1

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Well, if that sore were accurate, you would have your under, but a push..
    Yes, I think that 10 is the perfect number for a push game.....which is why is said I wouldn't play the spread at -10.....I'm confused as to why your confused.

supercam1

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    no way i give 10 pts. here in wk.1 falcons only lost by 6 in n.o. atl. will rise up here trust me
    Atlanta was a completely different team in week one....you can't be that naive to assume a similar result. I've got two words as to why you don't have an argument.....Julio Jones.

Smushmachine
    Smushmachine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Atlanta was a completely different team in week one....you can't be that naive to assume a similar result. I've got two words as to why you don't have an argument.....Julio Jones.
    The saints were a completely different team in week one too. I've got more than two words for you... Banged up from 49ers game, looking ahead to Seahawks game, no sproles.

supercam1

Quote Originally Posted by Smushmachine View Post
    The saints were a completely different team in week one too. I've got more than two words for you... Banged up from 49ers game, looking ahead to Seahawks game, no sproles.
    You don't think the fact that the panthers are one game behind them in the division will keep them focused? If that wasn't the case, I'd agree with you 100%

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If the Falcons care they will cover easily, if they suck for luck, they will not. Find out if they give a shitt or not.

wizard1183
    wizard1183's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by Smushmachine View Post
    Thats a bunch of bullshit. They dont need to look ahead when they have 1.5 weeks to prepare for Seattle. However Im on ATL.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't see Brees/Payton looking past a divisional rival (yes, I know they're 2-8). It's just not in their nature to ease up offensively, as they thrive on running up scores whenever possible. That one-dimensional Falcons offense is going to give up a couple of short fields tonight, and I think it's fair to say it would take Atlanta's best defensive effort of the season to hold the Saints to even 24-27 points.

Personally, I like the Saints TT Over 30.5 quite a bit.

MikeFamous1
    NHL/NFL
    MikeFamous1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

I am going money line on Falcons for the common Thursday night upset which usually occurs when the home team huge underdog wins just saying definitely could be wrong, but even though Falcons record is horrible they really are still a good team, and can win a game at any time, and Thursday night is primed for it against a division rival.

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

spreads dropping if thats any indication...my books at 8.5

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    Stay Simple

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Yes, I think that 10 is the perfect number for a push game.....which is why is said I wouldn't play the spread at -10.....I'm confused as to why your confused.
    I'm confused as to why you would think about playing the -10 if your score prediction is a push.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

aka you play to win the game son

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I'd take home double digits dogs all day

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Wait for Atl to score first, and take Saints-2 live...or wait for Saints to score first, and take Atl +13....football is less like basketball where this technique is a virtual lock, but still seems effective to get over the magic # of +/- 10 here (knicks up 11-0 to start the game, slammed Indy+4.5 live, shit never fails in NBA)

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Line is +7 on SBR...you better jump on the +10

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bringdownthehous View Post
    spreads dropping if thats any indication...my books at 8.5
    That was expected though. Atlanta backers were not going to play the line until today when they could get a bigger cushion. The line has really just reverted to what it opened at: pinnacle -7.5 (+100). All it really says is that the line movement & betting action has been pretty conventional.

KidSeoul
    KidSeoul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

This game might get real fugly!

Watergate
    Watergate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5388

Falcons +10 at home. I have to take the points.