frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Possibilities of the Skins covering +3.5 vs Da Bronx

I could see the Redskins covering here at +3.5, but not winning though. The Denver defense is too good to allow that against this Skins anemic offense. The Denver defense kept the Broncos within one score in both games against the Ravens and Steelers going into the 4th quarter. Both of those teams offense's and Quarterback's are 10x better than what the Skins have to offer.

What could keep the Skins in this game, is Orton. Orton might have some confidence issues, after playing terribly two games in a row. Trying to regain that confidence back might be even harder for him, since it's on the road. I could see Orton committing some turnovers or taking a few sacks here, that would prevent Denver from scoring enough to blow out the Skins. McDaniels has also chosen to replace Denver's Nine year veteran right guard Dan Neil, with some ex-patriot dude name Russ Hochstein. I have no clue who Hochstein is, but Haynesworth might have a field day with this guy.

The Skins played the Eagles at home competitively, and I can see it happening here too! So what you got here is a pretty decent Redskins defense vs a Broncos offense still in disarray and trying to get that cohesion back. To me this adds up to a field goal win Denver's way, because Campbell is worst than Orton and Clinton Portis is out.

I also think that the Under at 37 is the more preferable play here. He'll, teasing the Redskin +9.5 and Under at 43 is should be a lock, but that might be a correlated teaser though.

Sports Cruncher
    Sports Cruncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I think you're on the right track. The Redskins actually outgained both the Eagles and Falcons yet lose by dd because of the big plays (pick 6 both games) going against them. The Broncos will not find it easy to move the ball on a very tough Redskins' defense. The Broncos' run defense was exposed last game, and their pass defense looked vulnerable as well (though you can't count on the Redskins' pass offense to exploit it like Pittsburgh did, even though Campball has been playing okay despite the 'Skins poor record, he had a better QB rating than Ryan did in their last game). The Redskins' O-line is completely rebuilt on the right side because of injuries, but the Redskins much prefer to run to the left (not sure how much of that has to do with losing their starting right guard inthe 2nd game of the season, and their starting right tackle in the 6th game of the season, maybe a little), whereas most teams prefer to run to the right. Just like the Broncos weren't able to key on taking away just the run or pass versus the Steelers, I don't think they'll be able to key on just the run or pass via the Redskins, because the Redskins are just competent enough in both offensive facets to warrant some attention. I like the Over when it came out at 36, but am only mildly enthusiastic about the current 37.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I just can't bet with a bingo caller calling the plays...no portis, no betts..... = no points.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    I just can't bet with a bingo caller calling the plays...no portis, no betts..... = no points.
    Than the Under should be a lock for you! Which is the bet I'm leaning more toward tomorrow.

marabdl86
    marabdl86's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking Denver -3

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Denver. Washington sucks

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt mess with this game

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

just something to keep in mind...

Denver is a west coast team traveling to the East coast to play a 1pm game.

From my experience these teams come out flat, I can see Denver winning but not covering 4.5 pts....

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I'll take Denver.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

I keep coming back to the same thought: the Skins are awful. can't back em.