rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Kansas City @ Denver: In-depth analysis

Well I’ve been reading the board and figured I start off with the game that most people are misreading. First, let me explain the method to my madness: When I ‘cap games, I break them down on a weighted factor-analysis range scale. In other words, I break them down quantitatively (stats), affectively (game’s meaning/public perception), situationally, technically (trend analysis), and financially (where the books stand to win most). That’s my formula. Of course, which factors I weigh more and to what extent and the precise mechanisms of my analysis I cannot divulge-- obviously. But I can give a general breakdown of the game. SO with that out of the way here’s the breakdown.

This whole Fukkn board has gone nuts with the idea that +8-9.5 Kansas City is the play….it is not. In fact, let me get that out of the way first….under NO circumstances should anyone be betting KC +7.5-9.5. Why? Because in the rare event that this game is won by 1-7 points…it will be won by the chiefs….meaning that you left the +330 moneyline value on the table. So that being said points with chief is an incredibly terrible play. Eliminate it from the realm of possibilities. Now why do I say the “rare event” that chiefs win. The KC chiefs with the flawless 9-0 record coming off of a bye week with bobble head Payton Manning going to MRIs due to injuries? Simply put, Kansas City is outmatched by about 5:1 on the offensive side of the ball. Sure defense can help you out, but @ then end of the day the defense doesn’t win games. Let’s be honest, Alex smith is a game manager and you’re not going to game manage when Denver is up by 14. Let’s not forget that KC was 2-14 last year and sure they brought in talent and made adjustments but that can only get you so far. The free ride ends in mile high Sunday.

The chiefs have only played under .500 teams. And well they will finally know where they stand. Here is my final breakdown: this is the PERFECT game to make a bundle off of. Denver can score on about 75%+ of their drives because Field goal range in Denver makes 55-60 yarders almost standard. That being said, the chiefs defense will try to keep Denver in FG range for the majority of the game. They might succeed they may not. In the end it doesn’t matter. KC sluggish offense will again be far too outmatched to keep it close. Denver will roll. Denver – 8 is the play. I will be putting around $1000 on that, with the condition that I hedge it with a 2-leg parlay KC +330 and KC/Denver under 50 for $100 to win $750. There is an 80% of the range of possibilities that Denver rolls but my hedge basically ensures me that I am freerolling and covering virtually the entire other 20% of possibilities. In the rare event that KC would win it would have to be because their defense kept Denver @ bay and thus a low scoring game. Final Score prediction: Denver 34 Kansas City 13
    Last edited by rolltideroll0; 11-14-13 at 07:09 PM.

eagle8999
    eagle8999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 281

Good to know good thing i got them +23 on teaser

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I've had this game circled for similar reasons. Only worry is Peyton's ankle. I may still tease, I understand where you're coming from saying KC will win a close game, but I could see Peyton driving for a finish down 17-21, gettin the final touchdown to win (assuming the ankle does keep KC close... really though I do see a blowout here as well).

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Good luck bud

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

friend, is nfl.

yous have the marriage? wells, if so thens you make the understanding on the insanitys of the womans.

nows! what this means? wells, is have the necessary sarunas make tells that nfl is the bitch so much crazy even more than the insanitys of the womans? is truth, friend. is truth of the pure.

nows you make the invest on spread of '8' in league of the factor of '1' posses. I trys not make the laughing. not offense on yous, but!

kansas city

#1 point allow
    #1 sacks on the bitch (qb)
    #1 int td
    #1 def td
    #2 intrcpts (tie)

and

9-0

is the always the varietys on the result. but! whys make the betting of focus whens make play team of #1 strength?

maybes on the sunday cheifs make attack on the manning and make the prison movie scene of homosexuality with 5 big mans on one gomer pile manning. then yous make smash on television and screams! "manning make plays like the bitch against defense kansas city so strong. shit! is other pile of sacking homosexuality on the manning"

(per policy sbr. not make the offense of the gays. make the promote. make the god blesses on the liberaces)

rolltideroll0

Quote Originally Posted by Sarunas View Post
    friend, is nfl.

yous have the marriage? wells, if so thens you make the understanding on the insanitys of the womans.

nows! what this means? wells, is have the necessary sarunas make tells that nfl is the bitch so much crazy even more than the insanitys of the womans? is truth, friend. is truth of the pure.

nows you make the invest on spread of '8' in league of the factor of '1' posses. I trys not make the laughing. not offense on yous, but!

kansas city

#1 point allow
    #1 sacks on the bitch (qb)
    #1 int td
    #1 def td
    #2 intrcpts (tie)

and

9-0

is the always the varietys on the result. but! whys make the betting of focus whens make play team of #1 strength?

maybes on the sunday cheifs make attack on the manning and make the prison movie scene of homosexuality with 5 big mans on one gomer pile manning. then yous make smash on television and screams! "manning make plays like the bitch against defense kansas city so strong. shit! is other pile of sacking homosexuality on the manning"

(per policy sbr. not make the offense of the gays. make the promote. make the god blesses on the liberaces)
    no my friend...and not just my friend but also my buddy... "kc defense too strong until they on field all game and tired...then chiefs offense make play like bitch... and u grab ur tv and scream 'why 9-0 team lose like team of #16 strength'".....ahhh "why i no listen to rolltideroll0"....

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

So Denver covers or KC wins straight up? Those are the only options? I think you are not giving enough credit to KC defense.

Chiefs have the 1st or 2nd best secondary in the league. They have not allowed more than 17 points this season. Sure, they have one of the easiest schedules in the league having played a bunch of soft teams, but look at who Denver has played. Aside from Baltimore they have played a lot of the same teams! Giants, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys and Jacksonville. Denver hasn't faced a formidable defense as of yet. And what happened in the 2nd half last week vs San Diego when Denver scored only 7 points? So do you really think that KC will now allow double the most points they have allowed all season?

Also, you are holding KC to 13 points. Probably underestimated here as well considering they've averaged 26 on the road and 24 over-all.

So basically you are saying that Denver will score double the most amount of points that KC has allowed all season and that KC will score half of their average.

This game is going to be closer than you think and with Peytons soft ankle I think it supports that reasoning.

rolltideroll0

I hate to talk in absolutes…but yeah that is it…only 2 options and we are lucky enough that they are so distinct that we can essentially free roll. PM could have a broken ankle for all I care… as long as he is on the field throwing 50 yard missiles on a morphine injection…who cares? Do you really want to see what Peyton Manning does against top rated defenses? If I recall correctly, in February of 2007 the colts (with manning) played the Chicago bears…the #1 defense and some were even arguing one of the best defenses of all time….end result: Manning (Colts) 29- #1 defense (bears) 17….nothing different here.

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

KC 20-17. You heard it here.

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    And what happened in the 2nd half last week vs San Diego when Denver scored only 7 points?
    I didn't actually watch the game, but Denver led by a little more than 2 TDs. Perhaps they took their foot off the gas.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    I didn't actually watch the game, but Denver led by a little more than 2 TDs. Perhaps they took their foot off the gas.
    Denver scored 7 points in the 2nd half and won by 8.

Broncos 7 14 7 0
    Chargers 0 6 7 7

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no chance Broncos are scoring 34 points against that Chiefs D.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Who says that Chiefs defense is really that good? Sure they probably are good.... But great and #1 overall? Anyone really buying this b.s.? They are bottom 10 in run defense at 5 ypc and 118.gm... Not good at all! And while we talk about how the record is padded from a puss weak schedule. Nobody considers the defense has benefitted more than anything from facing 6 outta 9 backups? Making matters worse 2 of the starters they faced Manning and Pryor were sitting ducks due to major o-line issues. Only thing making me hesitate slightly from hammering this is Peytons ankle but not like he's a tailback playing qb ala Vick etc so he does not rely so much on legs. And Clady being out. Think Donkos win here but a 30-23 backdoor not outta the question!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 11-14-13 at 12:22 PM.

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dear god is your space bar broken or something??

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post

It's not the space bar; it's the enter button.

Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

KC's ONLY...legit ONLY chance of winning is the "long drive keep peyton off the field" method (not news to anyone)...if we assume this goes well, we gotta acknowledge KC's abysmal red zone game...granted they're coming off a bye, so let's even go as far to assume they have at least partially fixed those problems. What's the ABSOLUTE MOST possible points we get out of KC here in their ideal situation...given low number of possessions...24?

What I'm getting at is if you betting KC to cover or win you might as well parlay it with the under. Very limited possibilities for KC and over imo...31-24 24-28 23-30 only ones...

Personally I think anyone looking at KC or especially under should bet it for the 1H only...if you can't stop peyton 1st half after 2 weeks of prep there's no halftime adjustment that'll fix...no chance of over first half under game unless it's a broncos blowout...

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Denver scored 7 points in the 2nd half and won by 8.

Broncos 7 14 7 0
    Chargers 0 6 7 7
    I'm saying Denver may have taken their foot off the gas at the half, since they led by 15.

rolltideroll0

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    fixed...but seriously contribute to the thread or gtfo

rolltideroll0

Again boys, tail or get buried. BOL

gummybear00
    gummybear00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

lol @ the uninformed Alex Smith hate. His receivers suck, can't get open, drop passes, and he works with what he has and gets the job done. Look at Kaepernick now, he's way worse. All Manning did vs SD was throw 0-3 yard passes to his receivers/TE/moreno and they broke tackles and RAN the rest of the way, which accounted for 70%+ of Manning's "passing" yards. If Alex Smith had the Bronco's receiving corps, he'd be a fantasy superstar too.

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

KC is 9-0 but I don't hear anyone mentioning them when super bowl talks is the topic. I hear 9ers sea hawks and Denver. we will see how good they are this sunday. If they beat denver at home then I will give them props and some may now start taking them serious (i still won't)

rolltideroll0

Last chance boys.... lock it all up.

rolltideroll0

called the game like a boss. Hoped u guys tailed me...and enjoyed the free cash

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

LOL, so did you hedge your KC moneyline with the under parlay?

rolltideroll0

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    LOL, so did you hedge your KC moneyline with the under parlay?
    Yes, i did. $100.

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Just thought it was funny for such a long write up to assume the game was over. Not a very veteran move.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

is new to the betting
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ferndog68

rolltideroll0

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    Just thought it was funny for such a long write up to assume the game was over. Not a very veteran move.
    I cap games under the assumption that I am good @ predicting the future. Its worked out good so far.