DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

Peyton Manning vs. Brett Favre

I was at a bar the other night discussing how Peyton has become one of the best QBs in the league and possibly ever. The bar back chimed in and said that Favre was "Much better." I almost fell over and smacked the kid. His reasoning was that Favre "holds all the records." Stats currently escape me, can you please chime in with some ammo that I can bring to the table. I'm sure I will see this retard soon.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Favre was better. Admit defeat

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Stats are deceiving at times and both Qb's played on different teams , different styles , and different circumstances. So sick of these moronic arguments that ultimately mean nothing and prove nothing. Seriously what's the point? We just going off title wins here? Guess that means Dilfer is better than Marino for those who dont know or understand the game!!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not sure how old you are but if under 25 you may not remember the astonishingly good seasons Favre had in mid / late 90's. He was amazing and no doubt a goat Qb to watch. But again totally different styles Favre was fun while Peyton is a robot always "machinelike". Both should be and can be respected just depends on your style!

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

An opinionated blowhard discovered in a bar, news at 11.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

It's pretty close, but I'd give the nod to Manning. Both have a ring, multiple MVP's, bad playoff records, multiple games without getting hurt, but Favre threw more picks; Manning gets the nod.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Manning for sure is the better QB. I dont even think Favre is that good. You only remember all the good things about him because he played so long. Overall he isnt a very good QB.

Manning has efficiency that Favre doesnt come close to. Manning is a precision passer with a football IQ higher than most coaches. Favre is a fearless gunslinger that is mistake prone.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

well farve play in a time when no body is that good and they don't hit that hard. Now teams are faster and stronger. Plus farve don't get to call plays like manning. peyton runs the show period!! farve was good but I think its because most team they play sucks.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Favre was better. Admit defeat
    This.