ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2599

Why are PACKERS favored @ BALT?

Line opened @ GB-3 and 1/2, now down to 3, 2 and 1/2, and even 1 at some books.
    Didn't RAVENS win Superbowl last Feb? Isn't Clay Matthews out this game?
    I was all over GB last Sun when they demolished Det@ HOME, (my TOP play) but don't trust the Pack on the ROAD as a favorite.

EZ

Last edited by ezmoney; 10-11-13 at 07:44 AM.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Because GB is and always will be a huge public favourite, and Baltimore is not quite the same team that won the Superbowl last season. I don't trust the Pack on the road either....

packer4
    packer4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15648

Cause they are a better team they will win

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by packer4 View Post
    Cause they are a better team they will win
    you know your "guy" gonna be on them right?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Not only is Clay Matthews out, but Brad Jones is out and so is his backup Robert Francois. GB doesn't have the LB depth they've enjoyed in years past with the departure of guys like Bishop, Walden, Zombo, DJ Smith, Moses, etc last offseason. Jamari Lattimore is next up, but to this point in his career he's been purely a special teams guy, this will be his first ever start at LB in his 3 year career.

2daBank

balty hasnt gotten much respect this yr, they were home dogs to hou as well.. .

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

GB have lost both their road games vs competitive teams so far, this will be a 3rd, yet they are favored? The Packers' 2 HOME wins vs Redskins and a Lions team missing their best player are practically irrelevent to this match-up. Ravens are a very good home team and the Packers don't even have a remotely impressive win yet. You're right to wonder why GB is favored

Getting 3 pts on Balt here was a gift if you were able to grab it in time. It was the one game on the board that jumped out at me immediately

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Well gueys let me say this and tell me if yall agree

i would say the public has had a pretty good start to the season
    in NFL and in college

anyone else think this a good weekend to fade the public?

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

in NFL and in college

My book/buddy says he's been getting killed so this is probably a good a week as any.

Butas for Green Bay... I think Rogers is due for one of his blow it up games. Of course maybe I'm saying that because i own him in two FF leagues. GO PACK GO!!!
    Last edited by GenosPicks; 10-11-13 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typos

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    balty hasnt gotten much respect this yr, they were home dogs to hou as well.. .
    That was when everyone, books included, overvalued Houston...

Dont be fooled guys. Arod will get the first road win of the year against the defending super bowl champions.

Ravens are terrible team this year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    That was when everyone, books included, overvalued Houston...

Dont be fooled guys. Arod will get the first road win of the year against the defending super bowl champions.

ravens are not terrible..you know what is terrible? gb pass protection, and you know what balty is very good at? rushing the passer..

2daBank

in NFL and in college

what the hell you talking bout? books have been raping ppl in the nfl all year and trying not to laugh about it..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

ravens are not terrible..you know what is terrible? gb pass protection, and you know what balty is very good at? rushing the passer..
    Green bay still hasnt improved their offensive line?

it seems like every year i hear they have a terrible O-line.

The Ravens do always play better at home.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i usually never bet the ravens but vs houston and in this case, cant lay off. does anyone know what baltimores record in the past few years is ats as a dog or straight up winning as a dog? specifically at home... but any info im curious

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

what the hell you talking bout? books have been raping ppl in the nfl all year and trying not to laugh about it..
    A ton of favorites have been cashing this year. Both College and Pro

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    i usually never bet the ravens but vs houston and in this case, cant lay off. does anyone know what baltimores record in the past few years is ats as a dog or straight up winning as a dog? specifically at home... but any info im curious
    nope but i know they win / cover at a high clip.

Except last year at home vs Broncos they got blown out

2daBank

Green bay still hasnt improved their offensive line?

it seems like every year i hear they have a terrible O-line.

The Ravens do always play better at home.
    they can run block, protect the edge on the pass rush not so much...dont think they gonna have a lot of success trying to pound lacy against balt tho..i dunno, tough gm.. balty as home dogs is always appealing tho...

2daBank

A ton of favorites have been cashing this year. Both College and Pro
    dude,,books having one of their biggest years in nfl in a long time..favs and dogs cash each week, all depends which ones..college hell if i know, seems like their teams every year that everyone wins with, doesnt seem to be putting books out of business..

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Balty + 3 is my play so far.

slacker00

This is idiotic. Ravens are 3-2 with one loss @DEN who nobody is beating right now and a hiccup @BUF with Flacco's 5 picks. Flacco should have no trouble at home against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL especially with GB's #1 and ONLY legitimate pass rusher in street clothes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 2daBank

mikeya2k
    penetrate

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    This is idiotic. Ravens are 3-2 with one loss @DEN who nobody is beating right now and a hiccup @BUF with Flacco's 5 picks. Flacco should have no trouble at home against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL especially with GB's #1 and ONLY legitimate pass rusher in street clothes.
    I do not think Ravens are a good team this year. The Texans are obviously a terrible team, so that win holds no merit.......I watched that game because I backed Texans, and Ravens had like 100 yards of offense going into the 4th Q.....They SQUEEKED by cleveland at home, who does have a good defense.

Green Bay's defense is defiently weak, but they looked solid off the bye last week.

mabye the over is the play here, or GBAY's TT.....but I do not see Rodgers & Co. putting up less than 28 on the Ravens.

2daBank

I do not think Ravens are a good team this year. The Texans are obviously a terrible team, so that win holds no merit.......I watched that game because I backed Texans, and Ravens had like 100 yards of offense going into the 4th Q.....They SQUEEKED by cleveland at home, who does have a good defense.

Green Bay's defense is defiently weak, but they looked solid off the bye last week.

mabye the over is the play here, or GBAY's TT.....but I do not see Rodgers & Co. putting up less than 28 on the Ravens.
    you really selling balty d short,,i dont think there any way in hell pack score 28 on them..low 20s more likely, right about where they would have been if cincy offense hadnt handed them several scores..balty at home with little bit of crap weather thrown in isnt giving up 4 tds imo..pack d didnt have as much to do with det not scoring as lions own ineptitude on the road and that one guy who didnt play...

ontherightside
    more winners
    ontherightside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

Rogers could spend a lot of time on his back in this one. I always have a hard time going against the PACK and I loved them last week against a banged up Lions. Baltimore could be a play this week. Very tough card this week.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

and lets not forget... clevelands defense is no joke. joe hayden and barkevious mingo are both huge playmakers. any win against a division team is a good win. squeak by or not. they held cincy to 6 points. 6!!! the ravens defense just held miami to 22 rushing yards THE WHOLE GAME on the road. new players... bmore defense starting to gel.

slacker00

I agree the over looks pretty good with GB's already weak D missing key players now as well, Ravens should be able to run up the score with Rodgers airing it out trying to keep up. I wouldn't put too much stock in the GB D "looking solid" last week with Megatron in street clothes. CLE(3-2), HOU(2-3) & MIA(3-2) are all quality wins for BAL, HOU will bounce back after the brutal BAL-SEA-SF losses to these very good teams.

wizard1183
    wizard1183's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    SU as a Home Dog since 2007 they're 4-6
    ATS they're 5-5
    O/U they're 5-4-1
    Not good to look at here as a great trend but I'm leaning balty

packer4

Yeah your probably right banker I'm not even gonna look at that game I'm taking Packers no matter what GO PACK GO

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by packer4 View Post
    Yeah your probably right banker I'm not even gonna look at that game I'm taking Packers no matter what GO PACK GO
    lol..ok but 2 to 1 says your "guy" loves pack! they might win, i dunno, like i said tough gm, but for me it either balty ml dogs at home or nothing..

packer4

I love home dogs also banker in the NFL I guess I'm betting with my heart on this one that's probably not a good thing LOL

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Umm. You guys know that the packers usually beat the ravens

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Modern day football is dominated by the QB position. Ask yourself who has the better QB and you will find the answer my son.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    Modern day football is dominated by the QB position. Ask yourself who has the better QB and you will find the answer my son.
    I guess Andy Dalton must be better than Aaron Rodgers by your reasoning. No, of course he's not, but the Packers still lost that game because they weren't at home
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Umm. You guys know that the packers usually beat the ravens
    Packers @ Ravens has happened exactly once, it was in 2005. Result: Ravens 48 Packers 3.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I didn't say the better QB always wins;however, they are usually favored to win my son.

12 Last