mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Cam Newton AKA Vince Young 2.0

Cam Newton will be out of the league in 2 years or so.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

He has so much physical skill but he can't put it together. He has regressed.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    He has so much physical skill but he can't put it together. He has regressed.
    BIG time.

C-Gold

Bad decisions but he looks so bad in the pocket.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Yes they need to find a coach / oc who can bring out his best.

He is a head case mentally. Not a very good leader.

Not mature. Doesnt seem to want to get better.

They [Carolina] has stressed they want to keep him in the pocket. He is running so soft.

C-Gold

Another failed black QB out of a long line of failed black QBs.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

They just need to fire every coach on that staff. I'm not a big Cam fan, but it doesn't take a genius to see that the coach and O-Coordinator are responsible for a lot of the problems.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    They just need to fire every coach on that staff. I'm not a big Cam fan, but it doesn't take a genius to see that the coach and O-Coordinator are responsible for a lot of the problems.
    In my coaching rankings thread I said that Ron Rivera and his staff are one of if not the worst in the NFC but Cam doesn't get it. The guy has all the talent in the world but he can't put it all together and he probably won't be able to.

Good college QB but he's not very good in the NFL.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

He has the credentials to be a big time QB. Big, phsyical when he wants to be, strong armed, accurate. just doesnt make good decisions and doesnt know how to manage and win a game. not smart, doesnt seem prepared

C-Gold

Unlike many of the other young running QB's Cam has the size. He is 6'5 and has the size to stand in the pocket. RG3 is too skinny. RW is too short. Kaep has good size too but Cam is obviously more muscular.

He's fast, he runs well. He has a strong arm. He's not stupid, but he does a lot of stupid things. Josh Freeman is stupid and not a leader. Cam is actually not stupid though.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8598

I am far from a Cam fan. Thought he had bust written all over when he came out as a franchise guy but you have to coach to his strengths and Carolina doesn't do that. Throwing for an insane amount of yards as a rookie actually hurt the guy into making people think he can be a throwing QB. I watched alot of those games and his receivers made him look better than he was. His accuracy is very off the wall...sometimes he is spot on and sometimes he is all over the place. Steve Smith was making circus catches each and every week. With that said, he can be successful as he has shown he can be, but you got to let the guy do what he does best and let him loose a little bit.

Speedy88

In my coaching rankings thread I said that Ron Rivera and his staff are one of if not the worst in the NFC but Cam doesn't get it. The guy has all the talent in the world but he can't put it all together and he probably won't be able to.

Good college QB but he's not very good in the NFL.
    How Shula got a O-Coordinator job is beyond me. I think Cam has the potential to be better, but he needs the right coaches, players and scheme to be successful. Just look at his team, the front office is almost trying to screw him over. Since he's gotten there they haven't added a single weapon on offense. When is the last time Carolina has had a legit #2 WR opposite of Steve Smith? Yet they'd rather over pay both their RB's.

Yes Cam sucks, but the Panthers front office isn't helping much.

C-Gold

but I don't blame the Panthers drafting Luke Kuechley. He should make the pro bowl at MLB for the next 10 years.

They rebuilt their front 7 into one of the better ones in the league. Star Lutieli is exactly what they needed. They have pass rushers. Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson are good, but the interior of their line sucked. So then STAR falls to them in the draft. Some people had him as the #1 player in the draft before medical concerns. Granted it was a weak draft class but with no medical concerns he was the best player in the draft.

Cam has plenty to work with. He has a pro bowl LT, a pro bowl C, Steve Smith, a very good tight end. He has numerous running backs. Lafell isn't great but how many teams have 2 great receivers? Ted Ginn is a great weapon in the slot. Cam has plenty to work with.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

There front office has assembled a solid team. Defense is above average and only improving.

Speedy88

but I don't blame the Panthers drafting Luke Kuechley. He should make the pro bowl at MLB for the next 10 years.

They rebuilt their front 7 into one of the better ones in the league. Star Lutieli is exactly what they needed. They have pass rushers. Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson are good, but the interior of their line sucked. So then STAR falls to them in the draft. Some people had him as the #1 player in the draft before medical concerns. Granted it was a weak draft class but with no medical concerns he was the best player in the draft.

Cam has plenty to work with. He has a pro bowl LT, a pro bowl C, Steve Smith, a very good tight end. He has numerous running backs. Lafell isn't great but how many teams have 2 great receivers? Ted Ginn is a great weapon in the slot. Cam has plenty to work with.
    Your probably right. I'm probably cutting Cam too much slack. No doubt about it that the Panthers have a nasty defense. They have a top 5 front 7. If they could build their offense as good as they built their defense they'd be in a better position to win. But yes C-Gold, I think we can both agree that Cam just isn't that good. Great QB's can make bad/mediocre teams good. Cam is as good as what you give him. With a garbage offense, probably 4-6 wins. Average offense he'll give you 7-8 wins. Give him a decent squad with good coaching he can probably eek out 9 wins for you.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Your probably right. I'm probably cutting Cam too much slack. No doubt about it that the Panthers have a nasty defense. They have a top 5 front 7. If they could build their offense as good as they built their defense they'd be in a better position to win. But yes C-Gold, I think we can both agree that Cam just isn't that good. Great QB's can make bad/mediocre teams good. Cam is as good as what you give him. With a garbage offense, probably 4-6 wins. Average offense he'll give you 7-8 wins. Give him a decent squad with good coaching he can probably eek out 9 wins for you.
    Panthers seconday sucks but they do have a top 5 front 7.

It always happens with black QBs. If Andrew Luck sucked then Andrew Luck would suck. But it is impossible for some people to say anything negative about Vick, RG3, Cam, Mcnabb, Byron Leftwich, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, etc. etc. etc.

Casual fans SEE the runs and SEE the guy trying hard and they assume he is a winner. Casual fans don't see the poor reads, missing open receivers, not being able to read the pass rush, the watered down offenses some of these guys ran. They see the Vick 30 yard touchdown run on sports center 6 times but they don't see him throwing passes 8 feet above 6'5 Brian Finnerans head. They don't see him missing wide open receivers, that's just 1 incompletion, and they don't even see that it is his fault.

Crappy black QB's always...
    "have no line"
    "have no receivers"
    "Have no coach"
    "have too many offensive coordinator changes"
    "have no running game"
    "have no defense"

Just watch. Notice how the black QB's always fail and then never have to take any personal responsibility, it is always failure around them.