PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Love what Joe Philbin has done with the Dolphins and Ryan Tannehill

Dolphins +7 (2u)
    Dolphins ML +250 (.5u)

Maybe most people wont care to hear any of this , and that is fine. But witnessing what Joe has done with the Dolphins complete 100% culture change over the past year has been beautiful to witness. Make no mistake about it, the Dolphins soon will be perennial contenders in the AFC year-in and year-out over the next few years. Joe Philbin reminds me so much of legendary coach Don Shula in his demeanor, discipline, calmness, leadership, and very smart coaching philosophies. The Dolphins were always one of the smartest teams in the NFL under Shula, and the same is developing here with these current Dolphins under Philbin. Many coaches and Green Bay people have said how they envy the dolphins because Joe Philbin will be leading that young team for the next decade (Philbin coached Aaron Rodgers and was a Packers assistant offensive coach for their high powered offense).

Shula only had 2 losing seasons of his his 26 seasons coaching the Dolphins. He built his Dolphins to the most disciplined team in the league, and they were always a very smart team. Year in and year out the Dolphins were the least penalized team in the NFL under Coach Shula. I see the same parallels with Joe Philbin. The Dolphins had ZERO penalties on the road at INDY 2 weeks ago - which is unheard of in the NFL nowadays (and only 2 penalties last week vs ATL). It goes much further than this, the Dolphins do so many of the little things right when it comes to fundamental football. What he's done with Ryan Tannehill in just one year is astounding. Tannehills growth has been fantastic to watch. The Dolphins were always poor in the red zone, and Philbin has the Dolphins currently ranked as the #1 Red Zone offense in the NFL (and the #5 ranked red zone defense in the NFL). The Dolphins are creating turnovers again, and are up-to-date on the current state of the NFL the way they have been running the offense, and team.

The halftime adjustments this coaching staff has made this season we haven't seen in Miami since Don Shula. The Dolphins held Matt Ryan to a terrible 5/15 passing in the 2nd half of that game (and the only TD miami has given up in the 2nd half this year was on a turnover at our own 10-yard line).. Also holding andrew Luck to a low 3 points for the whole 2nd half on the road - we are not used to this. A team coming together and playing for each other late in games in 4th quarters when it counts (another Don Shula Dolphins trait).. Outscoring opponents 41-13 in the 2nd half of games thus far this season.. and dominating teams when it really counts later in games. A young talented team learning how to win and maturing right before our eyes.

This disciplined approach and how Philbin has the trust and command of this young team has me giddy with excitement. Philbin has about 20 qualities that remind me of Shula that other coaches since Shula retired didn't come close to having. I have no doubt in my mind that Philbin will have the Dolphins as perennial yearly contenders in the AFC for years to come. After so many horrible coaches we found our guy to lead this team. Coupled with finally having a good young , talented and smart QB since Dan Marino (watching Ryan Tannehill totally outduell Andrew Luck 2 weeks ago and Matt Ryan last week in that 2nd half), and the way Miami has been drafting lately has Miami on the up and up.

This is a very good, talented, disciplined, confident young team. I laid $$$ on Miami every week over the first 3 games (I was a big believer in Philbin well before the season started). I fully respect the Saints and realize this is a very tough venue to play in during a primetime matchup (that's why I'm laying less units this week on the Phins compared to my 3-5u wagers in previous weeks).. But if there is a handful of "current"' teams out there that are confident enough to go into New Orleans and give them a game in that very tough environment, I think Miami is in that handful of teams the way they're playing.

Good Luck everyone.

PR9

Adding 1u to Dolphins +7, and .5u Dolphins ML. Total 3u on PS and 1u on ML..

They've been doing well for me so why not ride the streak as far as it goes.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Nice write up! Our penalties vs league average numbers are a lot better this year three games in... This team isn't beating themselves which is what the FKN Dolphins did for YEARS!

Best of luck tonight.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Taking your a big Miami fan. I am not but I do agree with some of the things you said. I think Tannehill is going be a solid NFL QB even though he has a TON of doubters. I also like the Phins D quite a bit. The one that worries me about them is if they can develop a running game or not. They should be able to run on this Saints D but curious if they try too or not. I'm on Phins +7 but no ML for me although it wouldn't shock me. GL

PR9

I just heard Cam Wake warmed up, talked to the trainers and coach, and will be a no-go. He practiced all week so this is not expected, and it really bothers me. We have some other people to get to the QB, but against Drew Brees you better have your best pass rusher, and Cam Wake is one of the best in the NFL (according to Pro Football Focus no NFL pass rusher disrupted QB's more with QB hurries, QB hits, sacks, in other words QB disruptions on a per-snap basis than Cam Wake).

No Cam Wake tonight is a big loss for Miami. He has been a very durable player for us the past 3 years. So I hope its a precautionary measure as tonight is not a division or conference game.. and we have the bye week coming up in 2 weeks to rest him further and have his knee 100% after week 5.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Saints
    easy cover

PR9

Beautiful response and offensive drive by my Dolphins.

It's anybody's game at this point. Miami wants this game close heading into the 2nd half, where the Dolphins have dominated their opponents outscoring opponents 43-13 in the 2nd half (the only 2nd half TD Miami has given up this year was on a turnover at their own 10-yard line).

Miami's coaching staff has made some excellent halftime adjustments this year, on both sides of the ball.

The key here is Miami not allowing the Saints a TD before halftime. If that happens, I like Miami in this game. Miami will be right where they want to be.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Beautiful response and offensive drive by my Dolphins.

It's anybody's game at this point. Miami wants this game close heading into the 2nd half, where the Dolphins have dominated their opponents outscoring opponents 43-13 in the 2nd half (the only 2nd half TD Miami has given up this year was on a turnover at their own 10-yard line).

Miami's coaching staff has made some excellent halftime adjustments this year, on both sides of the ball.

The key here is Miami not allowing the Saints a TD before halftime. If that happens, I like Miami in this game. Miami will be right where they want to be.
    Agreed Miami has been making better half time adjustments. Sparano's staff was horrible at it.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    what's so funny about someone putting their neck out there writing up their opinions?
    "Saints easy cover" isn't saying much.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

whys they make quit? make try! miami make lay on floor with hole of ass in air for insert of saint penis

is a bitch miami!

Sarunas

wallace have the fear on fly or wind! whys make play sport of american football if have vagina in pant?

make wallace walk in alley and make sell vagina behind trash cans! is bitch.

Sarunas

again wallace is bitch. not make try on throw ball and make intercept! is looser.