View Poll Results: Is Chi -3 a good play?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YESSIR

7 46.67%
  • Nope

8 53.33%
    JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Chicago -3 (week 3)

New guy here with what should be a.

Chicago -3 (even payout). I see a lot of value with this pick. Jay cutler is playing well and chicago's D is top notch. Pitt cannot run the ball and will be mismatched in the trenches. People can argue that, "no way pitt goes 0-3" or that pitt's home field advantage could be a huge factor.

Personally, I'm thinking about going big on this shit.

Vote in the poll and give your opinion on this.
    Last edited by JM17; 09-20-13 at 12:14 AM.

JM17

Anyone..

JM17

Alright penetrate you guys. Not answering cuz I'm a noob I bet. Don't listen to my perfect pick. I'll win big by myself this weekend.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

maybe no one answering cause it a tough gm..dont get me wrong pit has serious issues but heath miller should be back and he is huge for big ben and will help move the chains..the biggest issue for me (besides the fact i hate short road favs) is while thus far bears oline has impressed this will be by their biggest test keeping cutler clean facing a dfense that brings heat from everywhere on the road and cutler is still mistake prone when teams get pressure on him.. i really like the bears and what tressman has brought to the offense but think i have to take a wait and see approach to this oline vs this d on the road for the 1st time..

JM17

Thank you for your response. You make some interesting points but the way I see it is, yes, Jay cutler has a history of making mistakes when he is being pressured but what we know about this season is he has been pretty good. What we know about Pitt so far this season is that they are not playing well on every aspect of the game. Isaac Redman is also added to their lengthy list of injuries from last game. Heath Miller does give them that good TE play, but they are still young and inexperienced in the WR department. From what we know this season, Chicago has the edge.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

interesting thing is Tomlin's Steelers are 2-1 SU and 2-0-1 ATS as a Home Dog since '07.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    Thank you for your response. You make some interesting points but the way I see it is, yes, Jay cutler has a history of making mistakes when he is being pressured but what we know about this season is he has been pretty good. What we know about Pitt so far this season is that they are not playing well on every aspect of the game. Isaac Redman is also added to their lengthy list of injuries from last game. Heath Miller does give them that good TE play, but they are still young and inexperienced in the WR department. From what we know this season, Chicago has the edge.
    brown and manuel arnt exactly rookie wrs, what pit is really missing is (well miller but that been addressed) someone to peel the top off a defense like wallace did for them. they do have a rookie who is capable and id expect to start seeing him getting some snaps as they have to do something to keep teams from jumping all the short shit, of coarse you have to have time to throw down field which another issue for pit. like i said clearly they havnt impressed and i liked chi much better than them coming into the season, unfortunately picking the "better" team doesnt exactly always mean a whole lot..

gun to my head id say bears but doubt i bet it cause again i hate short road favs, even worse on primetime., and when perception of the home dog is at a dare i say all time low?

JM17

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    interesting thing is Tomlin's Steelers are 2-1 SU and 2-0-1 ATS as a Home Dog since '07.
    This is a different steeler team. When I think about efficient lines, I don't think past years performance are baked in lines.

JM17

I told you, squares, that this was a good bet.