BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Books Taking a Pounding

The Vegas books are taking a hard hit when it comes to NFL Football, and so are the offshore books. Vegas is having it's worst season ever so far. Since week two, the favorites have covered over 57% of the time, much higher than the 52.5-53% that they normally cover. On top of all that, three teams (Denver, Indy, and New Orleans) are a combined 17-1 ATS, while 5 teams (Carolina, Kansas City, St. Louis, Tampa, and Tennessee) are a combined 7-26 ATS. Accoridng to Vegas books, it is easy to see where the money is going in the past 4 weeks.

The problem is that the bad teams are really bad this year. Teams favored by 10 or more points have a 12-3 ATS record, and the gamblers are jumping all over them. Lines of -14 or higher are not that rare this year, compared to recent years. The parity that the NFL so desperately wanted seems to be gone. "We keep raising the lines, and still take a beating on these teams", one book manager said.

Currently, there are 4 teams that are dogs of 10 or more points this week. Cleveland is a 13.5 dog at the Bears, San Francisco is +12 at Indy, Oakland is a whopping +17 at San Diego, and Atlanta is +10 at New Orleans on Monday.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

It's a sick year. I went 8-0 this weekend. I had Colts, Pats, Chargers, Eagles, Steelers, GB, Jets, and saints. The fan in me doesn't like the lack of parity so much but my BR sure does

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here we go again. Whenever there is a short term fluctuation of longer than three weeks the books are having their worst year ever. Are we to believe that all of a sudden nobody bets on the dogs?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11703

The last two NYG games must have at least halved whatever deficit books suffer from, especially this past Sunday night at home vs. Cardinals.