jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Any reason NOT to hammer SD, CHI and ARZ?

Was last week an aberration or are these all going to be easy 2 TD+ covers again?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

neither are great teams, lines are higher than normal

jellobiafra

Yeah, but all 3 opponents are AWFUL. That's the theme here. Fade these terrible teams because they are losing by 2 TD over the spread. Last week OAK lost by 38, Cleveland by 30, and CAR got dominated by BUF. The gap between the haves and have nots in the NFL hasn't been this pronounced in 15-20 years.... not since Washington, New York, and San Francisco dominated and the rest were all pretenders.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

i won some money on zona ml.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by shantystar View Post
    i won some money on zona ml.
    Me too

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

good question - is parity a thing of the past in the nfl? maybe, but i say the books adjust with college-esque lines and you see a lot of back door covers as the season goes on.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    Yeah, but all 3 opponents are AWFUL. That's the theme here. Fade these terrible teams because they are losing by 2 TD over the spread. Last week OAK lost by 38, Cleveland by 30, and CAR got dominated by BUF. The gap between the haves and have nots in the NFL hasn't been this pronounced in 15-20 years.... not since Washington, New York, and San Francisco dominated and the rest were all pretenders.
    Carolina really didn't get dominated by Buffalo (and it only finished 20-9!). The Panthers outgained the Bills by over 250 yards, 20 first downs to 9, 4.6 to 1.8 yards per rush, almost double the average gain per offensive play, and greater yards per pass attempt.

Not saying the Panthers aren't capable of going 0-4 in turnovers again, but it's not helpful to your handicapping to think a team dominated a game that they flat out didn't.

As far as the question here.... I'd be amazed if at least one of these three big favourites didn't fail to cover.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Arizona. Somehow the Raiders beat Philly and the Bears lost last week by a thousand, I'd be wary in those games. Which San Diego team is gonna show up? Last weeks or the one that came within seconds of losing to the Raiders in week 1?

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill be takin the Cards as usual.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I see Cards can cover. Their defends are improved, they can beat Carolina by air or by ground.
    As for CHI, it's hard to predict if they can cover unless CLE has swine flu. SD can get the job done.
    That's my opinion.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

i put lots of faith in stats, thus the name. not trying to step on toes being a newbie, but i will be backing the Cats this week. just waiting for the public to push that line up, every .5 pt is added value.

i really don't trust the Cards Pass D at all. yes, jake is completing as many passes to the other team as his own, but he still is completing 59.9% of his passes and Arizona does gives up 6.8 per cmp. you don't accidently end up 29th vs the pass in week 8.

for what it is worth (which prob isn't much) i love the over 41 in this game.

GL

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

as long as bears can cover the spread.. u should be good. gl

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I'm leaning on the other side of all three of those picks...

BOL to you though!

machete
    machete's Avatar Become A Pro!

chicago, I dont think bears cover.......... but GL to you !!

jellobiafra

I haven't played any of these yet. I was just seeing what the board's opinion is on them. The trend last week was good teams playing the dregs of the league covering big point spreads easily. I'm actually more curious than anything to see if that continues this week.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Remember, last week was the worst single week in Vegas history. Everyone hammered the favorites and they did not disappoint. The Raiders are terrible. That game should be a route. San Diego, Arizona, and Chicago play at home, and must continue to win if they want to entertain hopes of post season play. This is especially true of Chicago, who currently sits in 3rd place in the NFC North, and San Diego, who is down 3 games to Denver with 10 left to play. The lines are inflated, by Vegas's own admission, but they did that intentionally. They can not afford another week like they had last week.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like the Cardinals and Chargers this week but the Bears makes me wonder. They played terrible last week and that one is risky.