xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going to Vegas this weekend - NFL week 1. Being a 49ers Fan, I want to bet like 2G's

Going to Vegas this weekend - NFL week 1. Being a 49ers Fan, I want to bet like 2G's on the niners -4.5.

Should I just do the moneyline so I dont have to worry about points? Im ready to throw some big money in this game. Might even load up another 2G's.

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

Its a general good rule of thumb NOT to be on teams that you are a fan of. Being a fan clouds judgment and can cost big $$$

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Quote Originally Posted by jalein View Post
    Its a general good rule of thumb NOT to be on teams that you are a fan of. Being a fan clouds judgment and can cost big $$$
    I disagree. I think if you follow your team excruciatingly closely and are able to maybe not bet against them but stay when you feel like they're walking into a breather situation or are bad value, it can be profitable.

The Niners this year might not be a great example, but if I'm a Browns fan for instance, I'm cashing checks and watching my team win at the same time.

bleedtoledo
    bleedtoledo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love niners here. Is jordy nelson playing week one? Regardless, GB lost their starting LT this year. I think it'll be a long year for the pack, and I'm predicting a niner/bronco professional football championship game. I think the niner defense will be too much for pack right from the git go, and Harbaugh pit his foot on their neck & keep it there.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

As big a Pats fan as anyone is for their team. I agree with Mob, went 10-3 on the Pats last year and cashed HUGE on the SF loss and the Ravens AFC Champ loss, which I was at and paid an insane amount per ticket to go. As long you as keep a level head and use your fan information to make an informed decision betting on the home team can make you some big money... Kapernick geared up for a sophmore slump?

As far as the SF game, much better value on the board. Week 1 is tough to bet anyway but add to the fact two of the better teams in the league are facing off, you know they both have talent but do not know who will show up 100% ready to go. Not touching this game at all, gun2head GB +4.5. Better options in my opinion;

Indy -10
    TB -3
    Seattle -3.5
    Small lean on Falcons +3

Good Luck

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Although I am a big Packer fan , I see the 49r's winning by at least 14 points. I would put a 3 team parley in with Seattle and Detroit the other 2 teams. Good luck hope you at least double up.

xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow thanks all for the input. Everyone here had something positive to say and added value to their posts.

Maybe I will only put a small bet in. It is only week 1 afterall.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If I like a team in a game, I find various ways to bet it: spread, ML, tease, props. It's a good way to manage variance.