DannyLawless
    DannyLawless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Thursday night Questions

What's up boys? Looking at tonight's game I was curious to get all your thoughts...

I love the pats regular season but I feel like the dark lord could give a fuq about pre season and certainly doesn't wanna risk Brady and his knee anymore then he has too. With that being said I don't particularly like Detroit either. So I'm thinking maybe some kind of patriots teaser? How does that sit with you degenerates on here?

I'd also be curious to hear anyone's thoughts about weighing in on the Ravens and panthers, I'm leaning towards the ravens but I'm not keen on laying 3.5 or -170 seeing as its pre season.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

One thing to keep in mind is that the Patriots are actually 2-0 this preseason. I would think Patriots ATS (so take the +2.5 points they're giving you). I beleive the starters will play the whole first half, and Mallet isn't too bad of a back-up QB. RB's are stepping up too and the Patriots D is not terrible. For all the bashing against the Patriots receiving core, I think they are not too bad right now. I DO NOT BELEIVE AMENDOLA IS PLAYING TONIGHT, SO KEEP THAT IN MIND. But, I think their other WR's are good and I think Edelman will want to show out to make sure he keeps his spot on the roster. Also, I have been very impressed with that tight end Zach Sudfeld.

Now, who do the Lions have? An overrated RB (in my opinion), in Reggie Bush. A very overrated QB (in my opinion) in Matt Stafford. We get it, you have a huge arm and can throw bombs, but what else? Of course they have probably the best WR in the game in Calvin Johnson, but that is about it IMO. And it has been proven that you can't go back to the same player play after play after play. On to the Lions D: I think their best player is Suh and he is a dirty player who I don't think is as good as they say. Also, and this is a big thing, the Lions DB's are dog shit. I think they have some of the worst DB's in the league.

That being said Patriots ATS is my smallest play of the week.

Falcons ATS is my largest play (they have the best starting offense in the whole league and a middle of the road defense). I think they will look to show out this game after losing the first two. After Brady, Peyton Manning, and Brees retire, I beleive Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers will compete for top QB in the league every single year. Also, I think Julio Jones is clearly a top 5 WR (possibly top 3) and maybe the best TE (it is kind of a toss up between this guy and Jimmy Graham) in the league, Tony Gonzalez, will play tonight. Steven Jackson is a beast too. Roddy White is out but he is not clutch in my opinoin. Falcons issues are both sides of the line, average LB's, and DB's who seem to have problems giving effort and seem to be scared to hit. The Corner that the Falcons took first round, Desmond Trufant, is terrible and will be a bust. Also, the issue to worry about is when the Falcons back-up QB's come in. Their black QB is garbage and the QB they got in the draft from Duke is...a QB from Duke. But, the starters should play the first half and I think they will take it. I mean the only person I think the titans really have is Chris Johnson and he is on a decline and he won't be able to control the tempo of the game all game long. I am big on Falcons ATS.

My medium play is Giants over Jets. Coughlin is PISSED about last week's performance and Eli and the offense will play better. Cruz should be out, but I think he is slightly overrated and a major prima-dona (he wrote an autobiography after his rookie season). Running game should be nice and they have a quality D. The Jets should be starting Geno Smith and I think he will get all first team snaps this game. It doesn't really matter though if it is Geno or Mark Sanchez, they both suck. Really the only thing I can think the Jets have is their DB Chromartie, their WR Santonio Holmes who should not be even wearing a uniform because he is injured, and I think Dee Milliner will ultimately be a very good DB (I like Alabama so hopefully he wins Defensive Rookie of the Year) but he is not there yet. That is literally all I think the Jets have. The Jets are just complete garbage.

I may also put a little on 49ers ATS.

So in summation: Falcons ATS is my biggest play (like 2 units), then Giants ATS (1 unit), then Patriots ATS is my smallest play (0.5 units), then I may sprinkle some on 49ers ATS (0.5 units). GL, hope I helped you out, bruh.

In the end what you decide to do is on you, of course. But, I hope I gave you some insight.
    Points Awarded:

DannyLawless gave bubblebuttluv 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bubblebuttluv

I know I went beyond Thursday night.

DannyLawless
    DannyLawless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Awesome write up dude, I agree with most everything you say. As a bears fan I hate the lions with the passion of a thousand suns but I just can't help but think that the patriots and belicheck don't want to give anything away from their play book and simply don't care about pre season. I think for tonight I'm going with Lions -2 1/2 and the Ravens -3 (buying 1/2 point) I'm not crazy about either of these bets and I like Friday and the weekends games a lot more. Small wagers placed to make these games a bit more exciting to watch. GL bubbles

SECSNOB15
    SECSNOB15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

I like NE over 22 points. If Tom Brady plays the entire first half, or close to it, I can't see him putting any less than 14 points on the board and that is being generous. Thoughts anyone?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

You don't like Suh, so bet against him???
    ok........
    dont forget nick fairly either........

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

over the total 1st half, no line posted on Pinny,matchbook,greek.....

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLawless View Post
    Awesome write up dude, I agree with most everything you say. As a bears fan I hate the lions with the passion of a thousand suns but I just can't help but think that the patriots and belicheck don't want to give anything away from their play book and simply don't care about pre season. I think for tonight I'm going with Lions -2 1/2 and the Ravens -3 (buying 1/2 point) I'm not crazy about either of these bets and I like Friday and the weekends games a lot more. Small wagers placed to make these games a bit more exciting to watch. GL bubbles
    GL to you too.

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    You don't like Suh, so bet against him???
    ok........
    dont forget nick fairly either........
    Did you read the rest? I gave plenty of reasons to take the Pats.

bubblebuttluv

Calvin Johnson is out for tonight. GL to Lions backers.