Dangasin
    Dangasin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore Ravens @ Minnesota Vikings

Hey everyone. Had pretty nice results last week. Hope everyone else did well. Below is this weeks free pick. Hopefully this one can make you money as well. Good Luck!

PICK RAVENS @ +3.5 1.5 Units Bet

** I recommend buying ½ point for the Ravens to avoid a push on such an important bet. The cost to buy this may be different for some of us. I am laying -120, but to be fair I will count this as -125 for the purposes of the guaranteed refund.

My Spread: PK. This is one of the premier matchups of the week, and it will be the hardest test of the season for each of these teams. I believe every game is a must win in the NFL, and Brad Childress is clearly not telling his team "it's alright if we lose this one today." However, Baltimore in particular cannot afford to fall two games behind the Bengals. In addition, a loss would most likely put them in third place in the AFC North considering the Steelers are facing the Browns. We all know that I would not even make this pick based on that reasoning, not to mention release my first pick of the season above 1 unit. The only reason this is not a 2 unit pick is because my spread shows only a 3 points difference. I reserve two unit picks solely for those games with a difference of 6 or more points between my spread and Vegas. I have uncovered a lot of statistics that support this bet, some of which are similar to last week's KC bet (except they favor a team that actually wins games.) Here are just a few of these stats. Dogs that are 3-2 straight up & ATS cover ~85% (11-2.) When these teams were 3-2 SU, and on a 2 game losing streak, they covered 3/3 times. Favorites that are 4-1 ATS have also had a hard time covering in this position. Their record over the past 7 seasons is 4-14 ATS. I will keep the rest of the stats to myself, but these should satisfy some of your curiosity.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Too many people on Baltimore. They are over rated in my opinion. I'm going vikings -3. GL

WhatAboutMeBitch
    WhatAboutMeBitch's Avatar Become A Pro!

gonna be a good game

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Minnesota is one of the toughest places in the NFL to play. Add that onto that everyone seems to believe Baltimore will simply shut down the best runningback combo in the league. Just because Baltimore "needs a win" doesn't mean Minnesota will roll over. This is a no play for me.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

im with u on Baltimore. i live in Minne and am Vikings fan. i think this will be a 3 to 7 point game on Balt side. definately buy the hook and use Balt on any teasers u play today. ive got Balt teased to +16 and Balt -3.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

would love to see baltimore d getting hammer today

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

you hit it on the head daneblazer...i agree completely with you...if anything, I'd tease Baltimore to plus 9 or something...otherwise, not big on this one.

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iLogan View Post
    Too many people on Baltimore. They are over rated in my opinion. I'm going vikings -3. GL
    who the small group off decent cappers on this forum. trust joe public is all over minny at home

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

VIKINGs
    all the stats are minny with bad qb's...........I do not drink kool-aide but favre looks really good this year with the supporting cast of ap ....an awesome defense as good as the ravens and plenty of quality targets and a real life gamebreaker in percy h.................vikes by 7-10