kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

Kroyrunner's Week 6 NFL Thread (16-6 ATS YTD)

Bit of a bump in the road last week, but still sitting at a respectable 16-6 ATS. Getting to work on this week's plays, I'm going to have to release them a bit earlier than I'd like to due to traveling out of town this weekend, so hopefully it works out alright. I may just go light this week and not force anything I'm not feeling certain of. Let's get back on track and start the winning streak again!

lb49ers
    lb49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16816

San Francisco didn't show up last week. You have an outstanding record. Keep up the good work.

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lb49ers View Post
    San Francisco didn't show up last week. You have an outstanding record. Keep up the good work.
    Amen to that. Bunch of nancy boys they found on the street and put in uniforms.

kroyrunner89

Hey guys, putting out plays early this week due to heading out of town and not having computer access. I was a bit worried about this originally, but I'm actually feeling pretty good about the plays I've settled on this week. Hopefully we can put an ugly Week 5 behind us and get our momentum moving forward again. Here's what I'm liking this week:

• Green Bay Packers -13

It's kind of rare that I go for the double digit Spreads, however this is one that jumps out at me as a good investment opportunity. We've got the Packers coming fresh off of a bye, going against a Lions team that will likely be without Stafford or Calvin Johnson. I know that protection issues have hampered Aaron Rodgers and the Packers' offense all season, but it's looking like Chad Clifton will be returning to their line this week and that will definitely help them out. The Green Bay offense is 6th in the league at turning their yards into points, and I expect that the deck is stacked in their favor to gain plenty of yards and put up plenty of points this coming week.

• Chiefs/Redskins UNDER 37.5

Neither of these teams offenses are good, and both have respectable defenses. The Redskins are 4th worst in the league at turning their yards into points, and although the Chiefs are middle of the pack in this category, they're 2nd worst at gaining passing yards and 6th worst at gaining rushing yards. Their offense simply cannot move the ball. With a slightly above average Redskins' defense, I'm willing to overlook the weaker KC defense and assume the Redskins won't top 20 points, which should be enough to win them the game. In my opinion, this is a very solid looking under.

• Seahawks -3

It's kind of rough trying to find stats in this matchup since the Seahawks have only played two games with Hasselbeck, but their offense is so much more potent with him in the lineup it's unbelievable. Arizona is still not playing too well, struggling to run the ball and turn their yards into points. Not to mention that they have the worst passing defense in the NFL still after their showdown with the Texans last weekend, something that Hasselbeck should be more than capable of exploiting. One aspect of the Seattle game that hasn't been affected by Hasselbeck's absence is their defense, which is 4th best in the league at preventing opponents from turning yardage into points. I think Seattle wins this week, taking the game by at least a touchdown.

That's it for this week guys, good luck with your plays!
    Points Awarded:

n1co35 gave kroyrunner89 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

love all 3, gl

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck this week Kroy! Enjoy your weekend!

lb49ers
    lb49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16816

Agree with you on Seattle, good luck on your plays this weekend!

kroyrunner89

Decent Sunday, getting back on the winning side of things with a 2-1 day. I'm a bit disappointed in the day though as I left three other winners on the shelf, you can see here on the card I put together for one of my contests. I'd like to think had I had my normal preparation I would have let these plays through and shared a couple more with you guys. I will rarely be leaving town with no internet access though, so this shouldn't be a problem that pops up often.

I've spent the last day reviewing the play I'm going to release tonight, and I've decided it's worthy of being a late addition. If this play were to lose a winning week would turn into one where we lose a little juice, but as disappointing as that would be I can't ignore this opportunity and I'm going to go for it. Here's what I like for tonight:

• Broncos/Chargers UNDER 44

This is a pretty straight forward pick, as the Broncos' defense has been spectacular so far at shutting down potent offenses. They currently sit at 4th best in the league in yards per pass attempt allowed, and 6th best in yards per rush attempt allowed (especially sweet against this SD rushing attack, which is worst in the league). San Diego will likely be trying to move the ball through the air the majority of this game, which they will learn is a challenge much like Brady and Romo have in the previous two weeks. Even if the Chargers are able to rack up some yards, the Broncos still are by far the best in the league at scoring efficiency defense. The Chargers will have trouble converting any yards they gain into touchdowns.

On Denvers' side of the ball, they've been doing a great job of generating yards, but they're 8th worst in the league at turning those yards into points. I acknowledge that San Diego is also 8th worst in this category on defense, however I think coming off of the bye week slightly more healthy their defense will be looking a bit better than it has so far this season.

I think this game will have it's fair share of mistakes and points left on the field, so the under is the obvious play in my mind. Good luck to anyone who bets on tonight's game!

n1co35
    n1co35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3575

hey just wanted to stop by to say great bounce back this week. i will probably stay away from tonights game.
    keep up the good work.

kroyrunner89

thanks for the kind words n1co. hopefully the bounce back continues into tonight!