They broke my heart but won me $$$

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom
    "Let me count the ways"

They broke my heart but won me $$$
    Sam,

Me, too! I had NE +14.5 in a ten point teaser. I wanted SD to win the game, but if I could only have one of the two things happen, I'll take the money and suffer...

Doc JS

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Doc, I had 'em +pts and a little bit on the ML.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Congrats!

I remember you calling the Pats on the ML earlier in the week in a thread I read.

I had a great weekend, too!

Hope next week is as good!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS
    Congrats!

I remember you calling the Pats on the ML earlier in the week
    Just think, I had a nice ML parlay along w/Seattle bastards lose in OT

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There is too many to mention..

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

2) fumble, on the punt

3) on the int on 4th down. Just knock the ball down jackarse (M.McCree)

4) how many personal fouls can you get on 3rd and long.

Makes me sick and a guarantee Marty will be fired next year.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

There isn't a defensive back in the league that wouldn't have intercepted that pass and done the same thing in trying to run it back. They all do it. They have their hands on the ball so few times that they can't resist running with it, even though the smart play is to just go down at that point.

I wonder if NFL coaches coach their players on knowing the situation and playing smart? Late in the game when protecting a lead, players should be drilled into them on an interception, go down to avoid the fumble.

A key play in the Colts-Ravens game on Saturday was early 4th quarter, Colts up 12-6. They had 3rd and 10 from around their 10-yard-line. Manning threw that awful pass down the sideline that was intercepted at the Ravens 38 as the corner went out of bounds. The defender should have knocked the ball away, knowing the Colts would be punting from the end zone and the Ravens would get much better field position on a punt. Turned out to be a 60-yard free punt with no return for the Colts.

[QUOTE=hanco21]2) 3) on the int on 4th down. Just knock the ball down jackarse (M.McCree)

Seattle Slew

Plus, Marty's passing on the 45-yard FG to go for it on 4th and 11 in the first quarter (incredibly bad play) and Marty throwing the challenge flag after the fumble with 6 minutes left that cost his team a timeout that allowed the Patriots to kill more clock before the FG.

Someone upstairs has to tell him that was clearly a fumble and don't challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    2) fumble, on the punt

3) on the int on 4th down. Just knock the ball down jackarse (M.McCree)

4) how many personal fouls can you get on 3rd and long.

Makes me sick and a guarantee Marty will be fired next year.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=Seattle Slew]There isn't a defensive back in the league that wouldn't have intercepted that pass and done the same thing in trying to run it back. They all do it. They have their hands on the ball so few times that they can't resist running with it, even though the smart play is to just go down at that point.

I wonder if NFL coaches coach their players on knowing the situation and playing smart? Late in the game when protecting a lead, players should be drilled into them on an interception, go down to avoid the fumble.

A key play in the Colts-Ravens game on Saturday was early 4th quarter, Colts up 12-6. They had 3rd and 10 from around their 10-yard-line. Manning threw that awful pass down the sideline that was intercepted at the Ravens 38 as the corner went out of bounds. The defender should have knocked the ball away, knowing the Colts would be punting from the end zone and the Ravens would get much better field position on a punt. Turned out to be a 60-yard free punt with no return for the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    2) 3) on the int on 4th down. Just knock the ball down jackarse (M.McCree)
    Right and the dumbas* announcers kept on and on about the pick without mentioning the field position colts gained as you pointed out.

Seattle Slew

The announcers are so bad it's amazing. Joe Buck was horrible on Sunday, kept saying early in the game the Bears were handcuffing Rex Grossman, which was absurd. They had him throwing a ton of passes. Aikman is still terrified to criticize anyone.

Dierdorf says nothing of interest during a game.

How man times during a broadcast does Phil Simms say "what did he tell us the other night, Jim?" "what did he say to us the other day?" Just make the point. Nobody cares that he told YOU.

Pam Oliver was the worst on Sunday. Right before kickoff, she says "One Bears player said "Pam, don't be surprised if we dominate." She doesn't have the guts to ID the player? What's next. A Seahawks player told me "Pam, I don't think we'll win, but us getting 9 points here is an easy cover." She add nothing to the games either.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    Right and the dumbas* announcers kept on and on about the pick without mentioning the field position colts gained as you pointed out.