trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Can the Bengals win the AFC?

My money says it is absolutely possible. I've got the Pats, bengals, and texans out of the AFC. I understand that the Broncos are a threat but I do not see it happening. I would suggest to all, to make a bet on the Bengals to win the AFC at 20+ to 1. They will be in the AFC title game. The draft they had was very smart, and the players they let go were injury hazards. THey are only a year more advanced on both sides of the ball and have added an ungardable dimension to the offense. There are question marks but for the price of the bet, this is a smart bet to make.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bengals at 20-1 is a good price, where did you get it? Best I see is 14-1.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a pretty decent schedule this year, including a lot of very winnable road games: @ Chicago, @ Buffalo, @ Detroit, @ Miami, and @ San Diego. Five road games that are all against weaker opponents, and most of which have weak OLs for the Bengal defensive front to tee off on. Their home schedule is tougher, with games against the Packers, Patriots, Colts, Vikings, and Jets, but overall, this is still a good schedule. Their season win total opened at 8.5 (+110) and has moved to 8.5 (-120) since then. I definitely like them to win 9+ this yaer.

Sept. 8 @ Chicago Bears
    Sept. 16 vs Pittsburgh Steelers
    Sept. 22 vs Green Bay Packers
    Sept. 29 @ Cleveland Browns
    Oct. 6 vs New England Patriots
    Oct. 13 @ Buffalo Bills
    Oct. 20 @ Detroit Lions
    Oct. 27 vs New York Jets
    Oct. 31 @ Miami Dolphins
    Nov. 10 @ Baltimore Ravens
    Nov. 17 vs Cleveland Browns
    Nov. 24 BYE
    Dec. 1 @ San Diego Chargers
    Dec. 8 vs Indianapolis Colts
    Dec. 15 @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Dec. 22 vs Minnesota Vikings
    Dec. 29 vs Baltimore Ravens

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

The Bungles could possibly win the AFCN, not a chance they win the AFC... throwing money in the garbage if you bet that. It'll be a while before they aren't "one-and-done" in the playoffs. Personally, I don't think they are going anywhere with Dalton at QB

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    They have a pretty decent schedule this year, including a lot of very winnable road games: @ Chicago, @ Buffalo, @ Detroit, @ Miami, and @ San Diego. Five road games that are all against weaker opponents, and most of which have weak OLs for the Bengal defensive front to tee off on. Their home schedule is tougher, with games against the Packers, Patriots, Colts, Vikings, and Jets, but overall, this is still a good schedule. Their season win total opened at 8.5 (+110) and has moved to 8.5 (-120) since then. I definitely like them to win 9+ this yaer.

Sept. 8 @ Chicago Bears
    Sept. 16 vs Pittsburgh Steelers
    Sept. 22 vs Green Bay Packers
    Sept. 29 @ Cleveland Browns
    Oct. 6 vs New England Patriots
    Oct. 13 @ Buffalo Bills
    Oct. 20 @ Detroit Lions
    Oct. 27 vs New York Jets
    Oct. 31 @ Miami Dolphins
    Nov. 10 @ Baltimore Ravens
    Nov. 17 vs Cleveland Browns
    Nov. 24 BYE
    Dec. 1 @ San Diego Chargers
    Dec. 8 vs Indianapolis Colts
    Dec. 15 @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Dec. 22 vs Minnesota Vikings
    Dec. 29 vs Baltimore Ravens
    With that home schedule, I am going to try and pick up season tickets and make some

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Bengals at 20-1 is a good price, where did you get it? Best I see is 14-1.

Well I actually have not seen it offered at my book but I have them at 35-1 for the super bowl and see them closer to 50-1 at almost every other book so I was just figuring most places have them to take the AFC at above 20-1. I was actually expecting to get something like 18-1 at my book when they offer it.

trevor123698

As far as that schedule goes, I like them on the moneyline week 1. I will likely go big on that one because I expect chicago to disapppoint but they also have a new coach so its a bit of a wild card out there.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

They need to win a freaking playoff game first. Every year they get key injuries, last year going into playoffs without sanu and jones screwed them.

Other Bengals related news, HBO series Hard Knocks is going to feature the Bengals this year.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-17-13 at 12:13 PM.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I think it will def be a struggle but for the 3rd year I think pats make the playoffs and will be the team to beat.

Best underdog to pump is the jets easy