BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

BGboothA's Wk 4 (Notes and thoughts on every game)

Done with the first seven games of the weekend. Let me know what you think or don't, its up to you. Record is up to date and Spreadsheet is available via the link.

DETROIT @ CHICAGO (CHI -10) (39) (+390)
    Chicago has only averaged 19 points per game, while giving up 18 points per game. A 10 point spread here is going to be tough. Granted Detroit has given up a league worst 28.7, but that number is grossly inflated thanks to the 45 points that New Orleans scored in week 1. Chicago has given up 94 yards rushing per game! If Kevin Smith can go on Sunday, there is no way this game gets out of hand and into double digits. Detroit is a better team than people realize and Chicago is a worse team than people realize. The Bears struggled to beat the Seattle Seahawks backups last week. Look for Chicago to struggle at home and rely on a late Gould feild goal to pull this one out. Detroit stays in teh game the whole 60 minutes and Detroit covers.
    DET +10 (2 units)
    DET +390 (.5 units)

CINCINNATTI @ CLEVELAND (CLE +5.5) (38)
    This game should be a 10+ point spread, Cleveland gives up an amazing 31.7 points per game, and Cincinnati's offense has just starting clicking. Look for Benson to have a huge game this weekend, Cincinatti has averaged an amazing 143 yards a game on the ground, Cleveland has allowed an ridiculous 184 yards on the ground per game. Cleveland coaching and quarterbacking is in shambles, while Cincinnatti is coming off two huge wins and will look to roll through this one. Cincy will use this game as a practice to get ready for a real opponent later in the season. Even if Cincy jumps out to a quick lead and tries to run out the clock on the ground, they will probably score a couple more TDs.
    CINCY -5.5 (3 units)

SEATTLE @ INDIANAPOLIS (+10.5) (44)
    Hasselbeck isn't the only question here, the Seahawks are missing at least one of their studly linebacking crew in Leroy Hill and may be missing their captain on defense for the third game in a row in Lofa Tatupu. If Lofa plays I could see this game staying closer than the 10.5, but being in Indy and so many injury questions with Seattle, I would stay far away from this game here. I don't like playing double digit spreads in the NFL. The Seahawks have held opponents to only 175 passing yards per game, but have yet to play a real passing offense. Look for Indy to jump out to a quick lead and the Hawks out of the game early. I would lean to taking Indy here and giving up the 10.5 points, its just tough to give any NFL team a 10.5 spread with confidence.
    NO BET

NEW YORK GIANTS @ KANSAS CITY (KC +9) (42.5)
    28-10, This game matches up way to easy. This is a top three NFL team against a bottom 3 NFL team. The Cheifs may not win a game until much later in the season. New Yorks passing game has the ability to put points on the board in a hurry. Kansas City has given up almost 250 passing yards a game, and Eli should have a field day picking his way down the field against the chiefs. Cassel is going to have to find a way to throw the ball against a team that already has 5 interceptions this season. New York should jump ahead early and lean on the duo of Jacobs and Bradshaw to grind the game to a bitter end. Giants defense could easily put up another shut out. I don't see how the Giants dont' cover the 9 point spread.
    GIANTS -9 (2 units)

BALTIMORE @ NEW ENGLAND (NE -1) (44.5)
    Another tough game to cap this week. Really looking forward to watching this game this weekend. I am just not sure who New England is yet, if they are the New England that showed up against the Jets or Buffalo the Ravens should win this game, if they are the New England that stomped Atlanta this weekend I don't see how they don't win at home again here. Baltimore is going to play solid defense and attack Brady just like the Jets did a couple of weeks ago. Its going to come down to whether or not Brady makes the plays he needs to make. Baltimore's offense isn't anything to joke about either, Flacco has Baltimore putting up major points, they won't have it quite as easy this weekend. Baltimore has the ability to win this game, but my lean is toward New England
    NO BET

TAMPA BAY @ WASHINGTON (WAS -7) (37)
    Is Washington really as bad as they look, they almost lost to STL, they did lose to DET. The days of the NFC east being 4 deep are over. This is a must win game for Washington and Zorn at home. But a 7 point spread is just too much to lay for a team that has averaged less than 14 points per week scored. Just playing the math, if Washington scores their average, all Tampa has to do is get one TD and they will cover the 7 point spread. I don't think Washington is as bad as they look, they juts have too much talent in Moss, Portis, Campbell and Cooley to be this bad offensively. I would expect Zorn and the Skins to come out throwing against a horrible TB secondary, but I won't put my money behind them until they prove they can score.
    NO BET

TENNESSEE @ JACKSONVILLE (JAX +3) (41.5)
    This looks like a mirror playing each other on Sunday. Two teams with explosive running games who pride themselves on Defense and a passing game to move the sticks and not make mistakes. I do believe that TEN is the better team here, but Jacksonville at home will put up a good fight, the three point spread is just about right and I see no advantage either way. The over under could have a look here, but with two strong defenses and two running games with the potential to score at any time, it could be a 10-7 game and it could be a 33-30 game. I am just staying away period. GL to all who want to cap this one.
    NO BET

Hoping to have the rest of the picks up late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

jfore
    jfore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like ur pics am on giants n ciny ML . I feel the same bout the bears maby , cutler is jus not clicking wit his boys just yet.

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by jfore View Post
    Like ur pics am on giants n ciny ML . I feel the same bout the bears maby , cutler is jus not clicking wit his boys just yet.
    Yeah its scary how little they are utilizing olsen at TE, Hester has some explosiveness, but they really need someone to step up. Forte led the league in receptions last year, and they aren't getting him the ball either.

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write-ups ... still waiting for your other picks

Btw what do you think about the two card I'm thinking of playing:

1. - 2.5 TEN vs JAC
    - 6.5 NO vs NYJ
    - 8.5 NYG vs KC
    I bet 50 $ to win 301$

2. + 1.5 MIA vs BUFF
    + 2.5 DEN vs DAL
    JAC vs TEN OVER 41.5
    WAS vs TB UNDER 36.5
    I bet 10$ to win 111$

I'm open to suggestions, what would you change/add/modify ?

Cheers from Timisoara, Romania, Europe

BGboothA

Sorry other picks won't be posted....computer crash took down my whole spreadsheet.

Picks without writeups for other games..

DAL -3 (2 units)
    GB +3.5 (3 units)

STL @ SF OVER 37 (1 unit)
    BAL @ NE UNDER 45 (1 unit)

SEA +11 (1 units)

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by Cris_from_Europe View Post
    Nice write-ups ... still waiting for your other picks

Btw what do you think about the two card I'm thinking of playing:

1. - 2.5 TEN vs JAC
    - 6.5 NO vs NYJ
    - 8.5 NYG vs KC
    I bet 50 $ to win 301$

2. + 1.5 MIA vs BUFF
    + 2.5 DEN vs DAL
    JAC vs TEN OVER 41.5
    WAS vs TB UNDER 36.5
    I bet 10$ to win 111$

I'm open to suggestions, what would you change/add/modify ?

Cheers from Timisoara, Romania, Europe
    I like the first bet, I didn't take TEN or NO on any card in my weekend, but they were both my leans for the games. Just couldn't pull the trigger on either. The Jets game would be the one that would worry me the most.

THe second bet, I don't see how Dalllas doesn't run away against Denver. And the Under in the WAS game is really low considering what two bad teams can put up and how bad TB defense has been. If Campbell wakes up which I think he will this weekend, WAS could score 30 alone.

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for raising a big question-mark on the DEN vs DAL game. At first I also thought -2.5 DAL is a solid pick, but then i read the write-up on walterfootball.com and his solid pick where he plays 5 units is DEN vs DAL and MIA vs BUF. He seemed pretty sure about those picks and from what I could tell he rarely missed the big 5 unit plays.
    I'm a total amateur when it comes to American Football, coming from Europe where soccer is the King of sports, and also being able to watch only 1 NFL game each Sunday (the one that starts at 4:15) and the MN Game, so basically I'm limited at watching the previews and recaps on NFL.com .... Even so I'm a big fan of this sport and the only one among my friends who understands it and likes it, and for this reason I also put some money down to make it more interesting
    So when I get the chance to read really nice write-ups that make sense and which are not written by fans of a certain team, but by people with reason and who take logical decisions regarding these plays I tend to combine what they think with what I feel and come up with the picks.
    Probably I'm gonna lose the second bet and put more money on the first and hope for the best

Good luck to both of us this Sunday

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

BG beat me to it, but yeah.. dal rolls..

and the totals can be tricky.. doubling up on the first seems like a good idea..

good luck!

Robust

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

BG, agree with you on just about every play. Stay out of my book tomorrow! LOL.

I'm a Bears fan, so I will say this: I don't think Cutler will struggle too much and I think the Bears will put up points vs. Detroit. However, I think the Lions will play quite well, Calvin Johnson will have a big game and Detroit will cover. But I like the over (40.5) even better in a 27-20 type game.

I also love the Dallas and Cincy picks, but think Minny will beat Green Bay on MNF. I also like the under (41.5) in the Jax/Tenn game.

Good luck on all your action (except point betting) on Sunday!

whatdafuxup
    whatdafuxup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 692

I love the Ginats play. Probably going to be my only play of the early games for 3k

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlaying saints and giants

mtgrizzly
    mtgrizzly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Tatupu is back in for Seattle this week-

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by mtgrizzly View Post
    Tatupu is back in for Seattle this week-
    Yes he is, which makes a big difference, and I will have some money on the SEA game now.....