babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is Our Country

what would the +/- have been for total times that commercial comes on in the two games today, combined? 19? 28?

The only thing that excites me about the NFL season ending, is that I won't hear that song/see that commercial again.

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well it was on a shitload during the MLB playoffs too so this probably won't be the end of it. Die Mellencamp and Chevy!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

I just couldn't believe Circuit City started running that add with the idiot with the laptop in the living room where his stupid expression stays on his face for the entire commercial and he never moves.

They dropped the damn thing midway through the NFL season, and now they are showing that guy again for the playoffs. I want to throw something through the TV when that idiot comes on.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought I was the only one sick of this commercial.

I think they show this damn thing at every commercial break.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's Bill Frist's country anyway, so simply disregard.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Month ago I e-mailed Chevy that I would never buy another Chevy if they didn't pull the stupid ad. So that's a done deal.

Thank god for mute button.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You guys are fvckin cool man.. Thought I was the only one who hated that commerical.

This Chevy Mellencamp campaign should of been done 2-3 months ago. Can't believe I still have to hear that fvckin song still..

From the East Coast to West Coast bla bla ooh..

Last edited by imgv94; 01-07-07 at 03:49 AM.

babaoriley

I can't believe they had a hanging emoticon. That's terrific.

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have not seen the commercial. I thought commercials were when the viewer goes to the beer recycling room, and then reloads their plate with more food. If timed perfectly, the game is just coming back on as you plop back down in the recliner.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Just when I thought Pink and her opening "theme" song for Sunday Night Football wasn't bad enough, now John Mellencamp has made me rue the day I wasn't born like Helen Keller!!

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

f\*\*k Johnny Boy, f\*\*k Chevy!

So let the voice of Freedom, ring out through your head, THIS IS OUR COUNTRY! C'mon fellas, sing it with me! HaHa! I'm sure glad I was at the Colts/Chiefs game yesterday and only had to hear it a few times during the Oceanbirds/Homeboys game! I'm from Indiana and used to love Mellencamp, but I have lost all respect with this annoying fvcking commercial! I hate Chevy in the first place and this makes me hate them even more! Eat a fat one Chevy!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 01-07-07 at 10:34 AM.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like his earlier "little pink Houses" with only the words changed (and not all of them at that!).

babaoriley

I hear they have different versions for different areas of the country. In Texas, we get a version replete with Cowboys in dusty settings, oilmen working, BBQ grills, cowboy boots, etc. It's just an exhausting commercial. I counted something like 9 during the early game (my initial post was after thee 3rd time) but I also spent halftime away from the TV, so who knows how many times it was played? They may have just had one fifteen minute commercial for all I know. Then, in the second game, I missed almost all of the first half (pregnant wife, running errands), came back and heard it at least another 7 times during the second half, including one amazing 4 minute stretch (score/kickoff) where we got 3 listens during 2 commercial breaks. Unreal. And yes, I too am sad to see Mellencamp's rep go down like this. If I were him, I think I may ask the NFL to pull the plug pretty soon. I've seen negative backlash on other boards as well, with several echoing the sentiments that they are now boycotting Chevy simply because of that song. Obviously, if you don't watch a lot of sporting events, you probably aren't as sick of it...