jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Superbowl This Year Is A Crapshoot

Whoever gets the breaks, the only clear cut team that has the best chance to get to the big game is Saints.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Hard not to like the Pats even with the injuries. Ravens maybe, but the AFC has the beef. The winner of the NFC should go to a different bowl, maybe a college bowl.

Ponies101
    Ponies101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

The only way the Belichick, Brady, Bruschi version of the Patriots can lose a playoff game is if they play it at a mile high, which isn't going to happen this year. Can't imagine Manning getting over his head case with the Pats, can't imagine Marty-ball ever getting to the Big Game with his ultra-mega conservative playoff gameplan.

Seattle looks like they're in the same place in the NFC as the Steelers were last year, overlooked and ready to pounce.

Seattle vs. New England

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

1127 AFC -5½ points -110
    Grab this line at the Greek. I don't think you'll get it during Super Bowl week.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Good call Slacker!

sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Ravens Offense is improving week after week behind Mcnair....Their D looks like the D from the superbowl days...I'm pickin the Ravens to win it all

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I think it will be the Chargers out of the AFC, if Rivers dont screw them over with young mistakes.

The NFC, well, who the hell knows. Anyone can come out of there. The Eagles are riding high going into the playoffs, so look out for them.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chargers are by far the most complete and balanced team. The only other consistent team in the NFL is Baltimore, but they're not going to beat SD on the road.

NFC is the crapshoot. CHI should be out after one game with Grossman telegraphing every pass he throws. If, by some miracle, they do reach the Superbowl, Grossman risks becoming a verb for incompetance in front of the whole world. (QB rating zero ? lmfao.)

If I had to pick a team from the NFC it would be PHI. Most consistent, which isn't that hard to do in that conference. Like CHI, PHI will be blown out in the Superbowl.

Edit: Onlooker. I was writing this, slowly, when you posted that. lol. So SD and PHI it is then!
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-01-07 at 02:38 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Great minds think a like Dark.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

At this point the Superbowl is the Charger's to lose. They won't even have to peak. As long as they play a solid game each week, this thing should be in the can.

Doesn't mean they can't throw it away, though.

(I did pick Steelers a year ago before playoffs, but I was 'on' last season; not this year).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-01-07 at 02:49 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Saints dont go Eagles my second choice

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this thread about this year's Super Bowl? New England, Seattle, New Orleans (fair choice), and Philadephia are being mentioned as the favorites?????