SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Smart: Dolphins +9 at Colts

Dolphins +9 at Colts

Game Time: 12/31/2006 4:15:00 PM

By: Alex Smart
    Sports Handicapping - Sports Gambling - Online Betting - Who To Bet On

The underdog has paid off seven of the last eight times in this series, so take the Dolphins Sunday in Indianapolis against the Colts.

Miami and Indianapolis enter into this contest with very little left to play for this season. Indy is going to the playoffs and Miami is going golfing.

Dolphins HC Nick Saban is expected to start rookie QB Cleo Lemon in the road finale this week. The young pivot played fairly well against the Jets last time out, completing 67.4% of his passes for a 98.6 passer rating after replacing slumping starter Joey Harrington . Look for Lemon to do more than enough damage this week against an always vulnerable Colts D, while the Fins' staunch defense and secondary will limit Peyton Manning and company from romping to a double digit win.

Final Notes & Trends: The underdog is 7-1 ATS in the last eight meetings in this series. The visitor is 7-2 ATS in the last nine connfrontations. The Fins are 6-1 ATS in their last seven on the road against a winning team. Indy has failed to cover in 4-straight Week 17 contests. Take the points.

Play: Dolphins +9

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually was leaning towards the under in this game.

You know Indy won't show much in this game do to the playoff factor, and I can't see the Fish scoring much with the rookie QB.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami is the only way I could play this one.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Miami is the only way I could play this one.
    seconded.