SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Jacksonville +2½ at Kansas City

Jacksonville +2½ at Kansas City

Game Time: 12/31/2006 1:00:00 PM
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    Sports Handicapping - Sports Gambling - Online Betting - Who To Bet On

Look for the Jaguars to run their way to a season-ending road win in Kansas City this week versus the Chiefs.

In the end, neither of these teams is probably going to the playoffs. But for all of you conspiracy theorists there is a reason why the oddsmakers have refused to move this game to the magical number three.

After all, the only thing we hear this time of year is what a great December home record Kansas City has. One would think that this line would have opened at around KC -3, especially since Jacksonville is just 2-5 on the road. Instead, the Chiefs opened as scant one-point favorites, and it does not appear that this line will hit the three. Perhaps the Kansas City mystique took a hit when it lost its only December home game this season 20-10 to Baltimore.

Also it is not as if the Jaguars are void of talent despite their suspect road mark. In fact, for all of the publicity that Larry Johnson gets for the Chiefs, the Jags are actually averaging more rushing yards per game (162.5-131.5), and they have a significantly higher yard per carry average (5.0-4.2). Throw in the fact that the Chiefs are allowing 121.1 rushing yards per game on 4.1 yards per carry, and we look for Jacksonville to run to a season-ending road win here.

Play: Jaguars +2½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like the Jags in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough game here, I like the Jaguars very small here on the ml.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i have a small lean on the jags too

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I like Kansas City a lot here. Both teams are finished but I think KC being at home, with a first-year coach whose teams usually play hard even when out of it, has more to play for.

How many hits to the jaw can the Jags take before saying "no mas." I think they might tank this game.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree Seattle, I like KC here. They are super tough at home.