shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Why are 90 yard gw drives so easy these days?

Remember when Elway had " the drive" and it was a big deal?

now drives like these are way to common and it almost diminshes 58 minutes of work because a team seems to easily march down the field these days.

With USC and Chargers games fresh on my mind, it has me wondering about the sport of football. It has the wondering 2 things.

1. What do the coaches tell the defenses during these drives, when it seems that the offense is basically marching down the field?

2. The 2 minute offense seems to have a tremendous success rate, so why not run it all game? it looks so simple and the success seems to be there. Why not score quick and get out

This is a mere rant from someone who doesnt really have the biggest passion for the game, but does have a good knowledge of it.

solidsteel408
    System Plays
    solidsteel408's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    Remember when Elway had " the drive" and it was a big deal?

now drives like these are way to common and it almost diminshes 58 minutes of work because a team seems to easily march down the field these days.

With USC and Chargers games fresh on my mind, it has me wondering about the sport of football. It has the wondering 2 things.

1. What do the coaches tell the defenses during these drives, when it seems that the offense is basically marching down the field?

2. The 2 minute offense seems to have a tremendous success rate, so why not run it all game? it looks so simple and the success seems to be there. Why not score quick and get out

This is a mere rant from someone who doesnt really have the biggest passion for the game, but does have a good knowledge of it.
    Very good point shady.. It has always made me think these sports are fixed due to so many people bet on them.. A lot of my picks were losing, and the 2 minutes no huddle didn't have any success... But however, if my picks were winning, the 2 mins no huddle have success came back and cover... I have been wondering if these sports are real or fixed... And I also noticed a lot of games are ended with the scores are very close to the line. How can oddmakers are so good creating these lines? Almost impossible.

From what I have heard, there are 3 guys in Las Vegas who create these sports lines. There are so many sports & games.. How can they create them so quickly and so precisely? They are so sharp and hardly make mistakes on the line. Almost impossible.

Like tonight's games... Oddmakers knew the majority of bettors will take Pats -10 & Chargers -10.. small percentage take the underdogs... Both not only didn't cover, but almost loss the game... Pats won by 1 were very very lucky, Bills fumbled at the last 2 mins of the game.

Unexplainable!
    Last edited by solidsteel408; 09-15-09 at 01:31 AM.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 words: Prevent Defense

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

FIXED So That I LOSE?? My Feelings are shown here.

New England PATRIOTS

and San Diego CHARGERS!!

Last edited by RayzHELL; 09-15-09 at 03:16 AM. Reason: To clean it up a bit.

solidsteel408
    System Plays
    solidsteel408's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RayzHELL View Post
    New England PATRIOTS

and San Diego CHARGERS!!

You are 1 of the millions took Pats & Chargers laying the points...

The line for Pats moved from -10 to -13.5.. That is 3.5 points moved.. Means so many bettors had bet on 1 side which is the Pats.. And they all loss last night

The line for Chargers moved from -6 to -10. that is 4 points moved.. And they all loss their fvcking ass last night too..

Both teams looked so good on paper.. But on the football field, it's another story... So many people lost a lot of money last night due to the way the team looks on the outside.. Here is what I suggest next time you bet... "what you see is not what you are going to get"... Oddmakers make the line so it's misdirection... That is how the books make their money. With that said, bet against the public next time.... Remember 1 thing, oddmakers don't make the line for us to win... They want us to lose.. A lot of the people loss their rent money last night....

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eh, I think week 1's lines are a shot in the dark, both for the linesmaker and the players. It's just too difficult to judge what will happen in week 1, both NFL and NCAA. Justin7 had some good videos about how the linesmaker works in week 1, very interesting.

abc
    abc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Honestly, when it comes down to it, it's still a luck of the draw. The bookies put whatever lines they think will draw in money. Any game can easily go either way if you're dealing with the spread. An unlucky tip on a pass leading to a pick-6 can change the whole game, even for the O/U. All you can hope for is putting your money in a good spot and pray that things work out perfectly. The bookies don't know anything magical about the games that others can't find out. They simply implement juice and pray just like us. They are looking at the long run and as long as they make a profit that's all they care about. Another thing, having the score so close to the bookie line is detrimental to the bookies. Having the score sit right on the line would be the worst, especially in the cases of 7 or 3. One bowl game comes to mind from last year, but I can't remember who it was. The line was 7 and final score difference ended at 7. So, everyone who bought the half point to go off the 7 was a winner. The bookies took a HUGE hit from that, but the public took huge hits the rest of that weekend. It ended up evening out.

As for why they score so easily, it's like daggerkobe said, prevent defense. Defenses are too eager to stop the long pass that it leaves the short routes open. There are so many excellent short route QBs these days that it's becoming easier and easier. It sickens my stomach sometimes just like you because I've lost quite a few like that, but at the same time, I've won quite a few in the same way. All you can do is realize that they game lasts 60 minutes, so don't ever think it's over til it really is. I actually try not to watch games I've bet on until after they are done, because I don't like the high blood pressure and the sick feelings when things go really bad. I didn't jump on the Cowboys game, but that would have been a good example. The Cowboys rocked that game, but an unlucky pick-6 and the fumble right after swung the game over 10 points into the Giants favor. Giants are +4 in the turnover and win by 2? Wow. I just can't wait for my Boys to give the Giants the beatdown they really should have later in the season.