Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Hey NBC...I noticed you didn't....

show Carrie Underwood in the stands once Tony Romo got sacked and later picked off in the end zone after you showed her 3 times in the frecking first quarter.

Does this shit make anyone else cringe during a game? Why do they shove this crap down the viewers' throats? It's like watching a tennis match with all the girlfriend clapping shots in the stands.

Keep the female shots to the cheerleaders if you must show females during the game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I thought Tony Romo liked Jessica Simpson? Maybe he got smart and realized he could probably get anyone he wanted.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I loved how they kept showing Romo talk to her pregame. And then Kimmel made the joke about Jessica Simpson at halftime, guess he didn't get the memo about the new girl.

I thought it was Entertainment Tonight channel for a minute.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Madden made a nice comment about the pre-game chat with Underwood and Romo after Al detailed how they hooked up.

Madden said if he saw his QB laughing with a singer before a big game he'd be very upset.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, easy to get sick of the girlfriend-wife-parents-kids in the stands if shown more than once: "Oh look, dad is clapping for Jr," "Mom can't bear to see her baby sacked," etc...Can't remember who, but there was a chick in NCAAF stands last year whose boyfriend played for one team and brother for the other and I think she got more airtime than game itself..geez!

While I am ranting, another thing (Madden and Theisman tie for this) I am sick of are the statements "He's ONE of the ________ players/(position) in the league" with __________ = fastest, athletic, most emotional etc.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I forget which commentator says it, but "anointing oil" throws me into fits of rage. Every damn Cowboys game, they talk about Romo and the damned anointing oil. I hate it beyond expression.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    yes, easy to get sick of the girlfriend-wife-parents-kids in the stands if shown more than once: "Oh look, dad is clapping for Jr," "Mom can't bear to see her baby sacked," etc...Can't remember who, but there was a chick in NCAAF stands last year whose boyfriend played for one team and brother for the other and I think she got more airtime than game itself..geez!
    Yeah it was Brady Quinn's sister... She is now married to A.J. Hawk(Green Bay Packers) who was playing for Ohio State against Notre Dame last year in the beat down in the Fiesta Bowl... They kept showin the btch and it was like who really fvcking cares!

misterjameswest
    misterjameswest's Avatar Become A Pro!

So that was Carrie Underwood? I only watched part of the game and didn't hear the name. I wasn't mad at seeing those shots of her in the private box. I really don't have a problem with seeing hot chicks on tv ;D although I do prefer them to be naked, but I digress...