SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony Stoffo: Chalk this one up for LT & the Chargers

Chalk this one up for LT & the Chargers

Game Time: 12/24/2006 4:15:00 PM
    By: Tony Stoffo
    10starpicks.com - Home

LaDainian Tomlinson tries to add more rushing touchdowns to his record this Sunday on the road in Seattle as the Chargers take on the Seahawks. With San Diego wanting to maintain it's #1 status in the AFC, don't look for Santa to give Seattle fans an early gift with an upset in this one.

Once again the AFC elite teams are dominating the NFC teams this season. Today we have the current #1 team in the AFC, the Chargers, facing an overrated Seattle team. With Baltimore and Indianapolis on their tails for the # 1 seed in the AFC, I look for no letdown from San Diego as they face a team that is perfect for them to exploit.

Seattle's run defense has been horrible lately. Throw out the game that they played on a snowy field against Green Bay, and the Seahawks defense has given up 233, 181, 113, and 228 rushing yards in their last four games.

Now Seattle (8-6) has to face the league's leading rusher, LaDainian Tomlinson, with LT bringing a streak of 8-straight, 100+ yard games into this contest and scoring 21 of his record 28 rushing TDs in that stretch. So look for the Chargers to have a big day offensively here.

All the while, look for a Chargers defense that is getting stronger as each week passes to shut down a Seattle offense that has definitely underachieved this season. In their last five games, this San Diego defense has not allowed an opposing quarterback to pass for 200 yards. I look for more of the same against Matt Hasselbeck who they will have under constant pressure all game long.

With San Diego controlling both sides of the line of scrimmage, it gets them the win and spread cover here.

Play: Chargers -4

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this a lot. Included in a teaser bet and straight wager.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

IMO SEA is a quality dog situationally. I'm taking SEA side here.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone have any estimates on how long LT will play in this game? I know if the score gets out of hand they will rest him, but if not, they still have home field advantage on the line.