SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Giants -3 vs Saints

Giants -3 vs Saints

Game Time: 12/24/2006 1:00:00 PM

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    Sports Handicapping - Sports Gambling - Online Betting - Who To Bet On

Play the New York Giants, now is desperation mode for the playoffs, this Sunday as home favorites against the New Orleans Saints.

Now we have all the respect in the world for what the Saints have done this season, but this selection is based on the motivation for each team this week.

The Giants are coming off of a bad home loss to Philadelphia, and now basically need to win their last two games to have any shot at making the playoffs. The G-Men do match up well vs. New Orleans offensively, as Tiki Barber is very capable of shredding a Saint run defense that is generously allowing 5.1 yards per rush. On the other side of the ball, the Giant defense may get a huge lift as its leader Michael Strahan returned to practice this week, and he could see his first game action since November 5. Throw in a supportive home crowd and we look for the Giants to come away with the critical victory.

The Saints lost at home to Washington last week, but all the other teams in the NFC South also lost, basically assuring New Orleans of an unlikely division title. Aside for being at a psychological disadvantage here, the Saints have not run the ball well this year, especially on the road where they are averaging just 98.3 rushing yards per game on 3.3 yards per carry. Granted Drew Brees is having another outstanding season, but Washington was able to slow down this one-dimensional offense last week and the Giants are very capable of following suit.

Play: Giants -3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too would have to take the Giants in this must win game.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I've been betting against the Saints all year and getting burned every time. I'm not making the same mistake this week. No way I'm on the Giants.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I too would have to take the Giants in this must win game.
    Yep, I got it down -2.5 earlier in the week (bought 1/2)
    I like it situationally . . . NO was rolling along and momentum snapped and then cold road desparate host . . . people are saying eli's good for a couple of INTs - I think Brees (much as I like him) is due for a couple . . . I mean, I could be wrong here, but I think the value is with the cold weather host trying to make it into the playoffs vs a team that's had its winning momentum broken . . .

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Strahan is good to go, I'll be taking the G-men.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shrax4
    If Strahan is good to go, I'll be taking the G-men.
    He has practiced the last two days, so I'm assuming he's good to go this week.