nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

MINN v. GB

Amazing as it is, both of these teams are still technically in playoff race, needing to win out and get help along the way.

I see GB at home, playoff contender and most likely Favre's last Lambeau game providing this hot/cold team all the motivation to actually come out and play 4 quarters..Minn starting a rookie qb on the road.

strong lean towards the Pack -3.5
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 12-21-06 at 10:41 AM.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you nosuzieno. I just wish Favre didn't lay such an egg last week, it would have made it a lot easier on me to pull the trigger. Gonna buy it down to -3.

nosuzieno

agree with buying it down but I'm waiting real close to game time. My research indicates more likely to go down to three than up to four by kickoff. gl~

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets not forget that Minny is starting a rookie QB tonight.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Lets not forget that Minny is starting a rookie QB tonight.
    Another good point, not the best spot for a rookie. At Lambeau field, on national TV, for maybe Favres last start at home. Gonna be 36 degrees at kick off. But I think we just repeated everything nosuzieno had in the first post..LOL
    Last edited by begolf25; 12-21-06 at 12:45 PM.

Flamers
    Flamers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't bet the Packers. If you like the Packers I would wait for 2nd half play. Because I can guarentee you the Vikings are coming to play, and Jackson is the real deal.

He might get 100 yards on the ground alone.

Bet Vikings, don't think of stupid things that you don't have control off.

The Packers are a horrible team, and when ever these 2 teams play, crap happens.

And the Vikings are a much, much better team.

Flamers

You think Lambeau Field is home field advantage for the Packers?

You don't know nothing about the Border Battle. Over 15,000 Viking fans are average to these games.

This is always a big game!

mandy
    mandy's Avatar Become A Pro!

the game

here we are in green bay, IT IS RAINING. and coming down steady! the big rivalry between these 2 teams. my son lives in minn and he tells me that rookie quarterback is the real deal just like FLAMES says. he compared his running ability to vick. it is miserable out there. i'm hoping the total comes way down because the pack has no defense and it's farves last game here and the record is out there. this leaves me to take minn and over.

nosuzieno

IF Minn rookie is real deal why is he third string and only playing b/c bollinger hurt? Lost his last 4 starts, all in college at Alabama State... Further, his strength appears to be passing, not running- 2005 gained 3,226 yards of offense, 2,941 passing/285 RUSHING, not exactly Vick like numbers, but he can prob still run for some yds tonight against that Defense.

Both of these teams suck IMO but still very modest play on the Pack, bought hook down to -3.
    GL all....
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 12-21-06 at 04:37 PM.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, I'd love to see a prop bet on tarvaris's rushing yards so I can take the under. He is NOT a running QB. He is mobile, but not Mike Vick/Vince Young like. I'd compare his mobility to possibly McNabb of late (i.e. can get out of trouble, but no run plays designed for him, pencil him in for 20-30 yards or so). The 100 yards rushing prediction is absolutely ludicrous, even if it was intended to make an exaggerated point. Jackson is a big guy with a quick release and may be an upgrade over Johnson. But, he IS a rookie QB, playing at Lambeau on national TV the Thursday before Christmas, with the whole Favre storyline hanging over him. Factor in that rain/snow with low 30's and I see trouble for Tarvaris. The Pack will be playing their hearts out to get favre this win (in case it is his last Lambeau game) and the defense has been opportunistic of late (both D's actually). Cedric Griffin is out (and he's been one of the only db's making plays for Minny. I like GB to cover the 3. I also like teasing Minny to +9.5 and the Under to 44 on a 6 pointer. The Pack D has 13 takeaways in its last three games, by the way.

Flamers

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    IF Minn rookie is real deal why is he third string and only playing b/c bollinger hurt? Lost his last 4 starts, all in college at Alabama State... Further, his strength appears to be passing, not running- 2005 gained 3,226 yards of offense, 2,941 passing/285 RUSHING, not exactly Vick like numbers, but he can prob still run for some yds tonight against that Defense.

Both of these teams suck IMO but still very modest play on the Pack, bought hook down to -3.
    GL all....

with quote like this, you shouldn't ever talk about football again.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flamers, is your last name Jackson, perhaps?

spliff
    spliff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers
    Don't bet the Packers. If you like the Packers I would wait for 2nd half play. Because I can guarentee you the Vikings are coming to play, and Jackson is the real deal.

He might get 100 yards on the ground alone.

Bet Vikings, don't think of stupid things that you don't have control off.

The Packers are a horrible team, and when ever these 2 teams play, crap happens.

And the Vikings are a much, much better team.
    you had me going until that last statement! Didn't GB beat the Vikes in Minnesota a few weeks ago? Come on dude, that was the dumbest comment ever.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think that Jackson will have a Brett day. 2 INTS and 150 passing yards at the most.

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

...GREEN BAY wins tonights matchup...brett favre WILL tear a hole in the vikings defense secondary...sending a rookie qb in the game at lambeau is a huge TEST that jackon will fail..under these weather conditons ROOKIE qb doesnt do shit....maybe wrong but i doubt it...im going with the packers on this one...GOOD LUCK EVERYONE....oh yeah NFL NETWORK SUCKS!!!!!

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Well looking good sofar 1 INT and not even 35 yards passing into the 3rd quater
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyMit
    I think that Jackson will have a Brett day. 2 INTS and 150 passing yards at the most.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

I've been working away at stuff, not paying any attention to the game, then I take a break sit down to watch a little of the game and on the first play I see, Favre throws the pick and Minny gets TD and lead!

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

You didn't miss anything that game was horrible, GB would have covered easily if not for their self implosions

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers
    with quote like this, you shouldn't ever talk about football again.
    I believe I was 100 accurate about the rookie "sensation" or was it my characterization of Minnesota as a team that sucks you disagree with?

At any rate, indeed in your case it was better to be lucky than good, eh? Congrats~

oh, wait a sec...
    But who should win, and who i'm betting $6,000 on?

The Minnesota Vikings at +180.
    you bet money line...ouch!
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 12-21-06 at 10:29 PM.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey nosuz....glad you didn't decide to retire from commenting on football tonight........we don't need to lose a valuable contributor..........could stand to lose a kook who jackjaws on forums more than they watch the games though.

I second that OOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!............I just checked my account & my is still there.......what about yours?

I love people who "know" people.

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

DAMN...i was way wrong about Favre tearing a hole in the vikings defense...WOW...that was a poor performance of football on both sides...oh well..not a big deal...but it would have been if i would of lost like $6000 on the ml going with the vikings......OUCH

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside
    Hey nosuz....glad you didn't decide to retire from commenting on football tonight........we don't need to lose a valuable contributor..........could stand to lose a kook who jackjaws on forums more than they watch the games though.

I second that OOOUUUUCCCCHHHHH!............I just checked my account & my is still there.......what about yours?

I love people who "know" people.
    Thank You, I appreciate that...Doing just fine, even after losing small wager on GB. Irony is that majority of info I posted was directly off of Vikings official website

lindavids
    lindavids's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best regards ss a

Hi all!
    Thank you for your site Resp.
    And Happy New Year.
    Bye