SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al McMordie: Cleveland -3 vs Tampa Bay

Cleveland -3 vs Tampa Bay

Game Time: 12/24/2006 1:00:00 PM

By: Al McMordie
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

With the home crowd behind them, lay the field goal and take the Cleveland Browns this Sunday against the hapless Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Our selection is on the Cleveland Browns versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The final two weeks of the NFL season offers great betting opportunities, even among games where each of the combatants seemingly has nothing to play for. Indeed, on the surface a Cleveland/Tampa Bay game would seem to give a sports player little reason to care. Cleveland has won just four times this season; Tampa Bay three times.

But home teams do very well in these late season matchups between two poor teams, as they cover the spread 63 percent of the time (46-27 ATS). Throw in the fact that Tampa is six points away from being 0-14 this year, and we have more than enough reason to lay the small number with Cleveland.

Play: Browns -3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree AL. Theres no way on earth I could take the "clowns" in this game. However, I do have a slight lean towards the under.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

And off the surface as well. This is one of the worst games on the board. With so many strong games to choose from, I don't think it's wise to bet this type of game.

[QUOTE=SBRforum Staff]Indeed, on the surface a Cleveland/Tampa Bay game would seem to give a sports player little reason to care.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 12-20-06 at 01:57 PM.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

[QUOTE=Seattle Slew]And off the surface as well. This is one of the worst games on the board. With so many strong games to choose from, I don't think it's wise to bet this type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRforum Staff
    Indeed, on the surface a Cleveland/Tampa Bay game would seem to give a sports player little reason to care.
    this is the way I see it too, so much else to choose from . . .
    maybe these writers get assignments . . .

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Wow the standard giving three at home and this guys chooses this game. This is Cleveland's off week, so TB or nothing.