bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Denver's done?

The Denver Broncos are 7-6 this year thus far, and are in a downward spiral right now. Although they could win out the remaining three games, I doubt think they will. This team has got some clubhouse issues right now, and I really believe there done.

What do you guys think?

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think so. I expect the Donkeys to handle Arizona easily this weekend. Part of their issues the past four games has been the fact that they have had to play three of the best running backs in the league consecutively (LT, LJ, Shaun, LT) while trying to infuse a rookie under center. WHile Mike's timing on inserting Cutler was definitely questionable, I think he is making good progress. Arizona has had no run support and I expect the Denver D to put up a great day. Take the Donks on the road in this one.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

IF IF IF. And yes, there are 3 if's in this scenrio. The broncos to make the playoffs as a wild card need to win their last 3 games, and have KC drop 1 game. ON PAPER, they should handle the cards, they should beat the 49'ers by a field goal, and then the bengals at home for the last game is a tough one to call. They should win their next 2, and then have momentum in the last game of the season.

Then the KC loss....I could see them losing to the chargers this weekend, or the jax last game.

From a fan's perspective, i would love to see this come down to the last game of the season.

Not done yet, but their backs are squarely agaisnt the wall this weekend. plus they have to scoreboard watch.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only problem with that scenario R2D2 is that they only have the Arizona game to build enough momentum to give them any confidence against a surging Bengals team. That Bengals game is sandwiched between Ari and SF. IF Bengals win this weekend I like Denver's chances at home next week, if not I do not think they beat the Bengals. I am interested to see that line next week.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    IF IF IF. And yes, there are 3 if's in this scenrio. The broncos to make the playoffs as a wild card need to win their last 3 games, and have KC drop 1 game. ON PAPER, they should handle the cards, they should beat the 49'ers by a field goal, and then the bengals at home for the last game is a tough one to call. They should win their next 2, and then have momentum in the last game of the season.

Then the KC loss....I could see them losing to the chargers this weekend, or the jax last game.

From a fan's perspective, i would love to see this come down to the last game of the season.

Not done yet, but their backs are squarely agaisnt the wall this weekend. plus they have to scoreboard watch.
    we play cincy the 24th, and san fransisco the 31st.

we have to take it one game at a time and get a win this sunday.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Sorry, Chip man I say call in the fat lady cuz Denver's season is ovah!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    Sorry, Chip man I say call in the fat lady cuz Denver's season is ovah!

That's fine with me. This season was over when Shanahan drafted Cutler. I'm just glad he's getting some experience.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by durito
    That's fine with me. This season was over when Shanahan drafted Cutler. I'm just glad he's getting some experience.
    This is a positive - cuz Jake sure isn't the future in Colorado.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i do not think they will roll over

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I cry for Denver. All they needed this year was for Jake Plummer to not throw interceptions. They didn't need him to try and force big plays. They needed Jake to be a mirror image of the guy he was last year. The man almost single handedly ruined the Broncos chances at a Superbowl this year. The reason i say almost is because the Denver running game was really stinking the first half of the season.

Jake you make us all sad.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Two entirely different teams that began the season. Ari is headed up while Den is going down.
    Den started out the year giving up 7ppg and is now averaging about 27 ppg over thr last seven.
    Leinart is getting better and James has run for over 100 in his last two games.
    I will take the home team and the points in this game.