easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Which team will make the mistake of drafting Matt Barkley?

let me start off by saying I think the guy is overhyped and he will be another run of the mill QB from USC who will be average at best. I don't think he should be drafted in the first round however, with all this in mind I still think their will be a desperate team needing a qb that will look at the rookie quarterbacks performing well recently and take a chance with him and he might be drafted in the top 15. I actually would like to see him get drafted by Cowboys however doubt this will happen. The most likeliest place for him is the Cardinals as they would be willing to take a chance with him with a new coach in place. Also Oakland is also another place I can see him going as a long term replacement for another USC quarterback in Palmer.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

How old is Brodeur now Easyliving? He's got to be at least 40 or so. Still can guard that net though!

Barkley cost himself a ton of money by not coming out last year. He might go in the first round but my view is he falls to the second. He's only a little over 6-1 and does not have a cannon for an arm.

I'm hearing Arizona is interested in West Virginia's Gino Smith. Also, lot's of interest in NC State's Mike Glennon. Glennon is 6-7 and has a really strong arm. Arm strength and size will get him a lot of looks.

AmpleGamble
    AmpleGamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

I pray it's not the vikings

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

If the Bills don't draft him and I highly doubt they will he will likely fall to the 2nd round. Its a shame that if he came out a year earlier he would have been a top 10 pick for sure.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Cardinals just traded for Carson Palmer.

Barkley is a pretty smart guy and he's bigger than Geno Smith. If he came out last year he probably would have been the 2nd or 3rd QB drafted.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Raiders are crazy enough to draft either Matt Barkley or Geno Smith.

But the Raiders could avoid drafting a QB because of the Jamarcus Russell failed experiment.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Raiders, Cards, Queefs, Bills all teams with Qb needs and they have all been making moves. There is not a sure thing this year and I think what we have seen go down in recent days proves none of these teams think very highly of this class. Gino has bust written all over him, Barkley a decent back-up at best out of those two. Any team crazy enough to take a QB in top half of 1st rnd this year is really rolling the dice!

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

If Geno Smith is there when Buffalo picks, they will probably draft him. Barkley goes late first or early second round is my guess.

Nicos
    Nicos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

If MB were a stock I'd buy him based on the old stock market saying "when they're crying we're buying, and when they're yelling we're selling", ie buy what's unfashionable. Right now everyone is saying he's going to be another disappointing USC QB. Possibly. But what he won't be is another over hyped one as everyone is down on him. If I had a couple of second round picks I'd take him there, even if my QB situation was stable he could be developed into a Flynn/Cassel/etc type back up with big trade value.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

There is no buzz for Barkley. He might be the fourth or fifth QB drafted .

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

USC QB's have been overrated for so damn long, Barkley is just the next in line