Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

12/3 column/picks

Talking here earlier in the week, I picked the Bengals to beat the Ravens, but when making my pick for the newspaper Thursday morning, I caved and went with the Ravens. Going into Sunday 0-1 AND my Steelers stink.

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Cowboys should handle reeling Giants

The Dallas Cowboys head northeast to take on their NFC East rival New York Giants. If the Cowboys can come out of the Meadowlands with a win, they’ll take a commanding two-game divisional lead.
    Web Extras: Multimedia & Related Content

Turmoil has brought the Giants down this season - a team thought early on to be among the contenders for the NFC Championship. Dissension among the troops has the Giants on a three-game skid, while a new QB in Dallas has the Cowboys enjoying a 3-1 record since Tony Romo became their starter. If the Giants can win, they’ll hold the division lead over the Cowboys, having beaten them already in October, 36-22. Dallas coach Bill Parcells says this is a different team than it was in October. I quite agree. … DALLAS.

Minnesota at Chicago: Chicago owns the best record in the NFC, even after a tough 17-13 loss at New England last weekend. Bears QB Rex Grossman tossed 3 INTs and lost a fumble helping the Patriots to victory. Chicago coach Lovie Smith is being somewhat chastised for sticking with Grossman. His QB, though, has something to prove and will thank his coach for having confidence in him with a win against the Vikes. … BEARS.

Seattle at Denver: For Denver, QB Jake Plummer is out, replaced by rookie Jay Cutler. This may be the longterm answer for Denver, but probably won’t solve much on an immediate basis. Matt Hasselbeck returned Monday for Seattle after missing four games with a knee strain. With a game under his belt this will make a difference for the … SEAHAWKS.

San Diego at Buffalo: San Diego gets a boost on defense today with the return of Shawne Merriman, but it’s their potent offense that’s making it a winning season for the … CHARGERS.
    More of Sunday's Games, picks in bold

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay

Atlanta at Washington

Arizona at St. Louis

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Detroit at New England

San Francisco at New Orleans

Kansas City at Cleveland

Jacksonville at Miami

Houston at Oakland

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Monday's Game

Carolina at Philadelphia

Last week, 10-6; overall, 110-66.
    Last edited by bigboydan; 12-01-06 at 04:33 PM. Reason: edited to put in the article for you :)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like your fish play this week, but I don't like your Steelers play

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    Talking here earlier in the week, I picked the Bengals to beat the Ravens, but when making my pick for the newspaper Thursday morning, I caved and went with the Ravens. Going into Sunday 0-1 AND my Steelers stink.

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Cowboys should handle reeling Giants

The Dallas Cowboys head northeast to take on their NFC East rival New York Giants. If the Cowboys can come out of the Meadowlands with a win, they’ll take a commanding two-game divisional lead.
    Web Extras: Multimedia & Related Content

Turmoil has brought the Giants down this season - a team thought early on to be among the contenders for the NFC Championship. Dissension among the troops has the Giants on a three-game skid, while a new QB in Dallas has the Cowboys enjoying a 3-1 record since Tony Romo became their starter. If the Giants can win, they’ll hold the division lead over the Cowboys, having beaten them already in October, 36-22. Dallas coach Bill Parcells says this is a different team than it was in October. I quite agree. … DALLAS.

Minnesota at Chicago: Chicago owns the best record in the NFC, even after a tough 17-13 loss at New England last weekend. Bears QB Rex Grossman tossed 3 INTs and lost a fumble helping the Patriots to victory. Chicago coach Lovie Smith is being somewhat chastised for sticking with Grossman. His QB, though, has something to prove and will thank his coach for having confidence in him with a win against the Vikes. … BEARS.

Seattle at Denver: For Denver, QB Jake Plummer is out, replaced by rookie Jay Cutler. This may be the longterm answer for Denver, but probably won’t solve much on an immediate basis. Matt Hasselbeck returned Monday for Seattle after missing four games with a knee strain. With a game under his belt this will make a difference for the … SEAHAWKS.

San Diego at Buffalo: San Diego gets a boost on defense today with the return of Shawne Merriman, but it’s their potent offense that’s making it a winning season for the … CHARGERS.
    More of Sunday's Games, picks in bold

N.Y. Jets at Green Bay

Atlanta at Washington

Arizona at St. Louis

Indianapolis at Tennessee

Detroit at New England

San Francisco at New Orleans

Kansas City at Cleveland

Jacksonville at Miami

Houston at Oakland

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
    Monday's Game

Carolina at Philadelphia

Last week, 10-6; overall, 110-66.
    I think Green Bay beats the Jets but I'm pretty much with you on the others.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy Birthday Sportsgirl

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Happy birthday, Sportsgirl!!

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Nice article as usual, and happy birthday young lady

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy B-day.

Lean towards Giants. Teams with their backs against the wall are capable of a lot, and Dallas is overconfident. The Romo hype is based on how many games? If Strahan were back this would be easy, but I'll probably sit this one out and enjoy the show.

GB should handle the Jets. Got them as my #1 Prick pick.

Sportsgirl

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys! I threw back a few to many last night at my birthday party and am paying for it today

Love the cake, Gummo!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14617

HBSG!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck this Sunday and Happy Birthday!!!

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Happy Birthday. More importantly good luck with your Sunday action.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Happy birthday!

Good luck on your picks -- except the one against denver

Sportsgirl

Thanks again everyone for all the kind birthday wishes! This is a great group and I'm please to have stumbled upon this site.

Hope everyone's picks went well today

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I do like your fish play this week, but I don't like your Steelers play